Chapter 2

Reload

Never, in his 27 years in his life, Eric could let out a big laugh like this anymore after his mother left the house back in USA. How could he laugh when he had to life miserably? His father always treated him harsh, especially when that old man got drunk. That’s why he chose to leave him and started live in Korea, although destiny led him to this kind of life. But, was it destiny? Or was it just him who chose the wrong path?

Screw it all. He met this boy, Junjin, with special characteristic was able to make him laugh his off. Junjin, in this humid and dim room behind the bars, always had absurd jokes and stories to lift Eric’s mood. For Junjin, ended up in jail wasn’t a thing to be regretted, instead he was proud. Be able to do something for his beloved brother who was in danger, Junjin was sure he had a great story to tell for his children and grandchildren later. But, it just invited a laugh from Eric. What kind of child who will feel proud, having an ex-prisoner dad?

Junjin didn’t mind it. Instead, he was happy to see Eric’s laugh. In his eyes, Eric looked like a handsome mafia’s boss with that kind of look and glare. So, he didn’t think Eric’s laugh was a way of mocking him. And, hey, of course Eric didn’t mock him, even for a small thought. Nope, he didn’t. He just found that what Junjin said was absurd. For Eric, Junjin who was a year younger from him was like a new little brother he never had.

Junjin was on his story about how his dad able to make a 5000 won belt looked like a 500.000 won belt just by using and matching it with a very fashionista way while he failed to match it with his favorite training pants, when an officer told Eric and Junjin they had guests each.

Eric walked through the corridor with Junjin and two officers following behind with his hand on his pocket. Another on duty police opened a door for them and showed a guest room. Eric stepped in first and lifted his look. There he saw a man. A thin and pale man was sitting on a chair in front of his position. His fingers were intertwining together, and he placed it under his chin with elbow placed on a table; shutting his eyes together.

“Hyesung hyung!” a shouted from Eric’s behind made the thin man’s shoulder shaking a bit. His eyelids opened and Eric could see a pair of long doe eyes looked at him, or behind him.

Eric was mesmerized by the look that was showed in front of him. The man, whom Junjin just called him as Hyesung, had a small and beautiful face, for Eric. His small nose placed perfectly between two chubby pinkish cheeks. The face was completed by red petal pouted lips. His skin was milkish white and the same colored skin was covered the thin fingers which still intertwined. Eric couldn’t see the man’s forehead as it was covered by bangs from silk and soft black hair.

Eric found that Hyesung was more than just handsome as he was a man. But Hyesung couldn’t be said as handsome, but beautiful. He didn’t for how long he stared at that man and didn’t realize too that Hyesung was far from comfortable with Eric’s glare.

“Eric hyung!” a shouted then came, bringing Eric back to earth. He looked at the shout’s owner. It was Andy who was waving his hand to tell Eric his presence. Eric started to walk again but never let his glance out from the beautiful man who was now talking with Junjin. Damn, Jin-ah, why you didn’t introduce me with your brother? He cursed.

“Who is he, hyung?” a question from Andy greeted Eric when he just sat down.

“The blonde? My jailmate,” Eric answered but didn’t looking at Andy. The beautiful man still caught his eyes.

“And the black hair?” Eric turned his head to Andy, realized that Andy was smarter than he thought. He was super obvious. No wonder, at his 25 years age, Andy had maintained his position as best young lawyer at this town. His sharp analysis and great deduction had amazed so many people.

“I don’t know. Maybe his brother? Why?” Andy shrugged his shoulder.

“Your gaze. Do you want to eat him?” Eric snorted as a respond. He was too super obvious, for eagle eyed Andy.

“Leave it out, Andy-ah. Jaewon hyung told you I`m here?” Eric saw Andy nodded.

“He knew you were chased by police,” Eric could saw from the corner of his eyes that Junjin and Hyesung had sat up and left the room.

Eric massaged his temple, “Andy-yah, do you know that he involve in drug selling?”

“Hyung,” Eric looked into Andy’s eyes. Andy, a lawyer whom he trusted since the first time they met, stared at his eyes, deeply, “He was a biggest drug distributor in this town.”

Eric shocked. He just realized what he was gotten into after 10 years passed.

 

3 years later,

A cold yet fresh air from hasn’t-come-yet-spring greeted Eric’s nose. He bowed to one police for the last time before walked. Finally, he could feel the little warm from morning sun on his skin. He held his bag tightly and entered a café across the police station. He kept walking and decided to sit at the table near the window.

The espresso he ordered before had come. He took a sip and sighed deeply. He examined the street through the foggy glass from the window. The street was calm, maybe people chose to stay at home at this holiday time. It had been years for Eric since the last time he walked at street. Not many change happened, 3 years had been passed quickly though.

He spent his 3 years of his life behind the bars. Together with Junjin who had been released 1,5 years ago. Speak about Junjin, Eric’s mind flew to Hyesung, Junjin’s brother. They met only three or four times when the beautiful man visited Junjin and brought food for them. Each day, Eric was captivated more with Hyesung, although he could caught an uncomfortable feels from the other. That was why he preferred to refuse Junjin’s offering to have food with the brothers.

“YO E-R-I-C!!!” a shouted from someone made Eric almost dropped glass at his hand.

“, Minwoo,” the man called Minwoo, grinned widely and his eyes was eaten and left a single line. He threw his short body at chair in front of Eric and grabbed espresso from Eric’s hand.

“AH HOT!” he shouted once again after sipped the espresso roughly. Eric snorted.

“Have i ever told you to eat more walnut? Why you still stupid as before?” Eric took the glass back and glared to his friend. This man, a 30-year-old bar’s owner, hadn’t changed at all. Still childish, same as the man Eric met years ago. Eric and Minwoo met through Andy when they had a discussion at Minwoo’s bar. With their several similarity, it wasn’t took a long times for them to get closer and soon Minwoo had been added at Eric’s bestfriend list. Well, Eric hadn’t found that Minwoo had his special stupidity inside his short body for the first time.

“So, what’s your plan after this?” Minwoo ignored Eric’s question and pointed his finger at police station across, “Are you plan to go back at that place?”

Eric rolled his eyes, “Next time i have to back there, i will absolutely bring you with me.”

“Hell, Eric. Just leave Jaewon’s place, will you? You deserve a better life,” Minwoo painted a worried look at his small eyes.

“It isn’t as easy as you think, Minbongie,” Eric sipped his coffee and threw his look back to the street view, “You know the consequences.”

“But,” Minwoo leaned his body closer to Eric and talked slowly like a whisper, “It is a drug business we talk about. Bigger consequence is waiting you there.”

Eric leaned his back to the chair and sighed deeply. He knew better. Jaewon, a man he met when he was still 17 and just arrived at Korea, was an illegally drug distributor. He never knew that fact before.

What he thought just Jaewon’s business was at property and lent money to people with very high of interest. Jaewon would do anything to get building he wants and chased people who ran away with the money. That was part of Eric’s job. He was taught to not give a mercy for people who stand in Jaewon’s way.

No wonder, police was so close wherever Eric went. And after he knew about this fact, he didn’t know what to do. It almost impossible to leave Jaewon’s place without bringing a bad effect, but if he chose to stay, he could just counting on time until the worse came.

“Eric-ah,” seeing a non-response from Eric, Minwoo opened his mouth again, “think about your future. Don’t you have someone you love?”

Eric lifted his head and met Minwoo’s shrimp eyes. Someone he loved? Did he have one? Why his head suddenly ran to Hyesung? Eric snorted. He barely even knew about that man. What happened with his head?

Eric shook his head to get rid of that thought, but Minwoo caught it as an answer for his last question, “Aigoo. Well, i don’t care! You will stay at Andy’s place from now on and search for job! Don’t call me as your friend if you refuse.”

Although Minwoo had a small feature, but Eric had to acknowledge his force.

“Ah, and, i disapprove that moustache on your face. You look more handsome with that, i don’t like it.”

 

Eric lying his body on a white sofa. He tried to sleep but his body didn’t want to. So he sat up and walked around Andy’s apartment. The owner hadn’t come back yet after he left to get Eric’s phone at police station. Andy’s place was too boring for Eric, too neat and clean. All books were about politics and law, and no games. He the TV before pushed the power button again, not interested.

Eric rubbed his face and yawned when the front door opened, showing Andy with a bag of plastic on his hand.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Andy opened his eyes cutely when saw Eric squatting next the window using a kangaroo costume. A costume which was Andy got from his junior for Halloween party at his office.

“I got bored,” Eric stood up and took off the kangaroo head, “I found this at your room.”

Andy shook his head in disbelief and put his plastic bag on sofa. Eric walked towards him and shoved a camera to his face.

“Look at this, Andy-ah.”

“What is this?” Andy pushed a button and the camera screen showed a picture.

“My own work, am i cute?” the picture was showing Eric with his previous pose when Andy’s came.

Andy chuckled, “I can’t believe you are a prisoner, Hyung.”

“An ex,” Eric patted Andy’s head, “Where is my phone?”

“Ah, this,” Andy fished out a phone from his pocket and gave it to Eric who grabbed it immediately, “Hyung, I`m sure Jaewon-ssi will understand you.”

“I know. But how about the others, they won’t just let me go easily.”

“They won’t dare to do anything to you without Jaewon’s order. That’s why the only way you need to do is just talk to Jaewon, and…”

Andy’s words had stopped by a ring from Eric’s phone. Both of them startled, who called Eric’s phone at this hour? Was it Jaewon? Andy’s heartbeat was going up, afraid if something that he worried the most would be happened.

“Andy,” Eric’s soft voice worsened Andy’s fears. Eric was showing him his phone’s screen, “How can my own number calling my own phone?”

Andy’s eyes turned from the phone back to Eric then back to the phone again before slowly he shook his head.

 


A.N:

It's really hard for me to write this chapter. Recently, i have been busy with my sister's wedding preparation and for the next two months i will get busier. T.T so i decided to go back at my rent house stealing time to write and keep reading my fellow fics here. hahaha.

this is very hard chapter, i need 4 days to complete it. T.T my least favorite, but i hope you enjoyed it.

Will add ricsyung's moment later, as the story goes. ^^

and oh thank you,

ramyunfave

for your lovely vote, i love you soooooooooooo much!!!! <3

the comments, the subscribers, and the upvoters are my moodbooster! so please lift my mood again. :D