Final

Cooking Confession

[FINAL]

COOKING CONFESSION

 

 

HYEJIN

 

It was a nice sunny morning on a Saturday. I woke up to the beautiful aroma of pancakes and cookies. I got up from bed and stretched my body before heading to the bathroom to shower. "I wonder what we're doing today." I was humming a song when the smell of freshly baked cookies filled the bathroom. I quickened my pace unknowingly and showered quickly due to my sudden hunger and craving for the cookies.

After freshening myself up for a good 15minutes, I proceeded to put my clothes on and head for the kitchen. My growling stomach got louder as I walked closer to the kitchen. Step after step, the overwhelming smell taking over me and melting me to the core. Haha so much drama just for cookies, silly me.

As soon as I step foot on the kitchen floor, I was greeted by a figure of a guy leaning against the kitchen counter, sipping on a glass of milk while watching the next batch of cookies bake, with his back facing me. It was none other than my bestfriend, Kyungsoo. I met him back in California 3 years ago at a cooking academy, and we've been inseparable since then. Both of us moved back to Korea after graduating from the cooking academy and now we got accepted into Seoul National University and we're both in our final year.

Both our parents are still in California. We've been living together for quite some time now. Our house is just an average apartment, not too big and not too small. Its just nice for the two of us. And we do sleep in seperate rooms of course. Just so you know, I'm quite confused with my feelings. I kinda like Kyungsoo, no scratch that, I LOVE Kyungsoo. I had these feelings for him for 2 years, but I don't think he likes me. Everything he do makes my day. He will always try his best to cheer me up whenever I'm down. Whenever he smiles, it just makes me melt. He's the best friend anyone could ever have. I do want to change the word 'friend' to 'boyfriend' though. Hahaha what am I saying.

Anyway, Kyungsoo is usually the one doing the cooking, but I would help him from time to time. Not wanting to brag or anything, I mean I'm not such a bad cook. In fact, from what Kyungsoo told me, I'm a great cook.

I approached him, "You're up early." He turned around and flashed me a charming smile and melted me away. "Yeah. Just wanted to try this new cookie recipe. Wanna try one?" I nodded and quickly walked to him and grabbed a piece of cookie from his hand and threw it in my mouth when suddenly my stomach growled out loud. Oh my god, stomach, I'm going to feed you, why did you make that sound! So embarrassing. I looked up to him and smiled sheepishly. "Hehe mianhae" 

He messed up my hair and chuckled. "Someone's hungry. Go sit, I'll get you your pancakes. This time I made it with lots of chocolate chips, just like how you usually want it to be like." I nodded. "Yes sir!" I jogged to the dining table and sat on the chair. I watched Kyugsoo's back moving back and forth, preparing my pancakes with love and passion. Wait what- did I just said that?

Kyungsoo walked up to me and placed his plate and my plate on the table and served me milk. "Milk again?" I pouted. "Young lady, milk has lots of calcium and you need calcium to have strong bones. You don't want your bones to break easily right?" I rolled my eyes at him. "Tsk arrasso AHJUMMA" He widened his eyes. "YAH. Just eat your food." I smiled and began eating.

"Mmmm, it tastes soooooo good. And the cookies were great too", I said while nodding my head. "Of course! You're talking about Do Kyungsoo's cooking here." I rolled my eyes. "Always so full of yourself. Get a grip Kyungsoo."

"Yah and you know I'm older than you! You should call me oppa!" I covered my ears. "I'm not listening! Lalala." He glared at me and eventually laughed. "What's so funny huh?" His laughter died down and he looked at me with loving eyes. "Aigoo, how old are you? Do you know how to eat properly?" I frowned. "Huh? What are talking about Kyung?". "Here let me help you." He leaned in and stared at me. My heart was beating so fast, I wonder whether he heard it or not. He leaned in closer and wiped a stain at the corner of my mouth.

What in the world. What is happening to me!

"You've got a stain there." Then he started laughing again. "Yah Kyungsoo! Oh dear lord." Oh my goodness that was embarrassing.

 

>>>>

 

After having our breakfast, we decided to watch a movie. "What do you wanna watch?" he looked at me with intense eyes, telling me to pick that specific movie that he has been wanting to watch. "Um I wanna watch 'The Purge" I said with a shaky voice. "Are you sure?" He came closer to me. "Ugh okay maybe 'Elysium' ?" He glared at me and looked into my soul. "Ahh, uh, um-" I seriously don't wanna watch what he's telling me to watch. "Uhh 'The Conjuring'?" I whispered. "Huh? What was that? I can't hear you." He inched closer. "Lets watch T- The Con-Conjuring. The Conjuring." , "Alrighty then, you said it." He smirked at me. "Wha-" He cut me off by throwing a pillow in my face. "What was that for?!" He chuckled and sat beside me.

Soon the movie started. "uh kyung, I'm scared.", I said while covering my face. "Aww come here puppy." I scooted closer to him and closed my eyes. He patted my back and cuddled closer to me. I didn't realise i fell asleep, in his arms. Heheheh my feels. I was in a deep sleep when a sudden scream woke me up. I was so shocked that I literally jumped from the couch. Kyungsoo on the other hand, was laughing his off. "YAH!"
 
"Hey don't yah me, I'm older than you!" I faked a sniff. "tsk you're always so mean to me." He pulled me into a hug and carressed my hair. "Aww  I'm sorry okay. Come here you little cry baby." I smiled and I could feel the heat in my cheeks. Boy I was blushing madly and all of a sudden, I sort of giggled out loud. "Hehehe~" I quickly closed my mouth. Aish quiet mouth! He laughed heartily and hugged me tighter. I cuddled closer and breathed in his mesmerizing scent. There's this thing about his cologne that is somehow, pleasuring. I could smell him all day- but not like a ert okay! But he still smells so heavenly. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent. "You smell so good." I whispered. "Hmm? Really?" I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Really what?" He smirked. "Do I really smell good?" 
 
My eyes widened and I slapped my mouth. Did I just said my thoughts out loud?! "Well?~" He looked at me expectantly. "uh yeap" He grinned. "Hahaha you silly puppy." Kyungsoo pulled away and stared at me in the eye. He started leaning in and my heart was palpitating hard and fast against my chest that I could feel it wanting to jump out of my body. When he was a few centimeters away from me, he blew hot air into my face so hard that my eyes teared up. "What the heck?!" He ran away, laughing maniacally.
 
I got up to chase him but soon fell to the couch due to the embarrassment I was facing. I thought he was going to kiss me. "Why does he like to play around with my feelings?" I whispered to myself and tears started forming. So much frustration in this world. I rested my head on the arm rest and closed my eyes. Relax Hyejin, relax. I took my phone out from my pocket and went to twitter and scrolled through.
 
"Wait what is this? " I squinted to read the tweet properly.
 
"Visual of the hottest boyband of the year, Infinite, Myungsoo or also known as L, is rumoured to be participating in variety show, 'We Got Married', but it is not confirmed yet."
 
"THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!" I texted my friend, Hyemi and ranted to her. Sigh, what am I going to do with my life. I got up from the couch and went into the kitchen to grab something to snack on while I reflect on what I have done wrong to receiving this kind of news. I'm so dramatic. I grabbed a whole tub of chocolate ice cream from the freezer and went up to my room. This is what i do when i'm depressed. eat eat and eat. ugh I'm gonna be so fat.  
 
I my laptop and went to tumblr when I suddenly thought of Kyungsoo playing around with my feelings and the news about my favourite idol, Myungsoo. I screamed out of frustration. Suddenly the door burst open revealing a worried looking Kyungsoo. "Hyejin!" I looked up to him and tilted my head to one side, confused. "Yeah?"
 
"Are you okay? You were screaming a minute ago and I thought you were in hurt-" He stopped and looked at the ice cream tub in my left hand and my laptop screen. He sighed and sat on my bed beside me. He took the ice cream away from my hand and set it on the side table. "Aigoo, binge eating yet again. What happened this time?" He patted my head and carressed my hair. Well I was tearing up already. "W-well, you see. You know Myungsoo oppa right? He's rumoured to be participating in wgm.", leaving out the part about Kyungsoo. He nodded his head and made a sad face. He brought me closer to him and hugged me. 
 
"Listen, I know you're sad and all but it's only a rumour right? Have some hope for yourself okay? And besides, I'm so much more hotter than him right?" He his lips and flexed his biceps.
 
Yes, yes you are. I thought to myself.
 
"Yeah right stop being disgusting kyung, and give me back my ice cream" I rolled my eyes. "No, you're gonna get fat" I gave up and laid down. "Good girl" He ruffled my hair and went out of the room with my ice cream.
 
 
>>>>
 
 
It was now night time and I can't sleep. I went out of my room and went into the kitchen. "Hmm lets see, eggs, salt, blah blah blah okay lets start" So I decided to cook hehe. I was cutting up some vegetables when a pair of hands was wrapped around my waist. I screamed and pushed the guy away and pointed the knife that i was holding towards him. "Woah Hyejin! Relax, it's just me, Kyungsoo!"
 
"Huh? Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I put the knife on the table and helped him up. "You nearly killed me" I crossed my arms. "Well sorry for almost killing you because you crept up on me and hugged me from the back and making me think you were a serial killer so I almost stabbed you." He ran his hands through his hair. "Anyway, why aren't you asleep yet?" I sighed. "I can't sleep." , "Aww poor baby. Hmm I have an idea, since you're already cutting up the vegetables, why not we start practicing for the upcoming final culinary exam?" I clapped my hands. "Sounds like a great idea. Lets start!"
 
About 15 minutes into the cooking, my hands were getting sore from all the cutting. Kyungsoo wouldn't let me touch the stove. So he made me cut the ingredients. I rested my head on my arm and watched Kyungsoo cook. He's so talented. So cute, adorable. So squishy. Can't thank god enough for creating such a perfect man. Then he suddenly jumped around while waving his hands in the air and his thumb. 
 
"What happened Kyung?!" I ran towards him. "I accidentally touched the pan and burned myself " He's so adorable. "Aww come here" I turned off the stove and made him sit on the stool and treated his wound. "Please be careful Kyungsoo. You're very precious to me, I don't want you to hurt yourself." I gathered lots of courage to say that. Kyungsoo suddenly stood up. He carried me up and placed me on the kitchen counter. He placed his hands on each side of me, not allowing me to escape. "Y-yah, what are you doing?"
 
"You know that I'm older than you right? When will you start calling me oppa? I've been wanting to hear it from you. If I get to hear it at least once, I'll be happy for the rest of my life." He looked into my eyes. Being the the stubborn dense idiot I am, "D-do I necessarily have to say that? I mean like we're comfortable with each other aren't we?" He sighed and looked down. "Yeah, we are. Now go sleep, I'll finish this up." I looked at him, confused. "A-arrasseo. Good night." I waved to him and he nodded. I went up to my room and lied down on the bed. "Why does he seem so sad? Hmm I don't know. Let's just sleep shall we?"
 
Minutes passed and my eyes are not closing. I still could not stop thinking about what happened just now. "Why am I so confused? I mean like- wait a minute." My eyes widened. "Does he...like me?"
 
I exited my room and went to the kitchen and saw Kyungsoo with his head on the kitchen counter. "Is he sleeping?" The rice cooker was on, so he was making some rice. I tip toed and sat on the other stool and examined his face. "You're so cute, you know that? Manly as well." I carressed his hair. "I'm sorry for not realizing your feelings earlier. I'm sorry for being the stupid, idiotic, dense girl I am. Oh god. If I realized it earlier, I would be dating you already cause I've liked you for two years already. Sigh, I'm so ugly, why would you even like me? Why am I so dense and stupi-" 
 
I was cut off when Kyungsoo suddenly reached out for my hand and hugged my waist. He looked into my eyes and said something I will never forget, ever."Don't you dare say that in front of me. You're beautiful and you're definitely not stupid okay?" I stared at him wide-eyed. "But you definitely deserve better." He put a finger to my lips and shut me up. 
 
"Hey, I have seen and met great people in my life and have also learned how I could gaze at them just once and walk away. But with you, everything has changed. Being with you is like being in paradise. I love being with you and acting like fools, and I just love everything about you. You are a wonderful person who has allowed me to realize the important things in life. I love you and I want to be with you, forever.He leaned in till our foreheads touched. 
 
"Be mine?" I smiled with tears in my eyes. "Of course, oppa" He chuckled and captured my lips in a deep and passionate kiss. We went up to his room and cuddled and fell asleep in each other's arms.

 

THE NEXT DAY

I felt hot air on my face which caused me to wake up from my deep sleep. "Good morning beautiful" My eyes fluttered open and saw a perfect face right before my eyes. I instantly smiled. "Good morning." He leaned in closer to give me a kiss and breathed in my scent. He hugged me tighter like a koala. "I love you" He said while rubbing my back. "I love you too"

My life is complete.

THE END

 

 

L_InfinitizeMyWorld says:

Hi my lovely pumpkins. I'm such a horrible person. I'm sorry for not updating as fast as I could. forgive me please? 

And sorry for such a short chapter. I'll do better next time! 

 

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS SHORT ONESHOT 

THAT DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE CALLED

A ONE SHOT. :>

Love you pumpkins