Who are we?

Beyond Time
Chapter one: 
 
Who are we?
 
 
 
 
 
Key: (these colours will remain throughout the stories)
 
         Young Mi's (OC) thought
          EXO's thoughts

 

A golden tinted light, shines down hitting the stone cold floor of earth, like lightening. In a flash, thirteen figures stand side by side, each awaiting to hear the reason they were here, all looking at each other in confusion as if they had never met before. It seemed as though, it was 'judgment day'. But why today?

Sweat streaming down their foreheads, even though they were standing still. Due to the long hours of anticipating under the scorching light, a feeling of nauseous hit them. Looking around to see each others faces, a sense of nostalgia hit. It felt as though all thirteen of them had a urge to remember something that had been forgotten. Something that seemed so important yet had been covered in the distant past. Finally, after the long endured pain, the lights begin to dim. It leaves enough to perfectly see the faces of the thirteen. All of them bore the same facial expression, utter confusion and mistrust of one another. None of them daring nor trusting themselves to speak. They stood there waiting in complete silence.

"Welcome." The sharp, piercing word was neither a shout nor whisper. It was a demand. A demand for all ears to listen. It vibrates through their ear-drums for three seconds then leaves, soundlessly. All eyes were looking around, trying to find the one responsible for that sound. However, nothing comes across their eyes. Following another sound, a shining figure walked down a long set of stairs. His aura was warm but still intimidating, so no-one dares to talk. He sits in the seat, above ground level, and stares straight ahead; his back was a-line with the fascinating, old chair.

“We gather here today to decide the fate from hereby onwards.” He says. On the ground below him, a long meeting table appears, inviting the thirteen to take a seat. After looking at the table, the first one of them decides to take a seat. One by one, they follow until all of them had taken a seat.

Fate? What is this ab-

“It may seem like my words are of no meaning to you, yet.” He says. This again raises some confusion among the seated people.

No?

"You," He said, pointing at Young Mi. "It is time," Young Mi didn't know what He was talking about, but something within told her she was soon to find out. "It is time to remember," He spoke in a loud tone.

Young Mi's eyes, defying her will, closes. Countless images run by at a speed of lightening. They went too fast to look at them properly. However, when she reopens her eyes, she now knows. She knows who these twelve boys were. The feelings she felt for them came rushing back.

A big T.V appeared in front of them. In this she saw herself in a variety of different clothing. In all of them, she resembled the same facial features and her body height and width, seemed to have remained the same.

How did-

Yet, another one of her thought dissolved into thin air, as Young Mi receives her answer. With the flick, of His wrist, he chooses the picture centered in the middle. The screen slowly becomes clearer and brighter, it shows her in a worker's uniform. Her black hair, was longer than it was now, hung delicately behind her, on her back. Her uniform, seems to be ironed of all kreases. On her face, a never removable smile lay. Behind her, in the background was a clear visible sign, that said, "EXO Express", this indicated the place where she must have once worked.

All kinds of memories started to rush back. It was as if it was a completely new story...

 
 
 
 
 
 
______________  ______ ______________________________
 
 author's note 
 
»The colour, pink is used for the thoughts of the female protagonist. Blue will be used for EXO, but it will be clear who is talking! :) I hope you enjoyed reading this, as much as I had writing! :)
 
P.S there is a joke hidden in one of the paragraphs. See if you can guess.