Shadow

Sacred HighSchool

Kai POV

As I woke up from my deep slumber, I found myself laying on the hospital bed. The doctor who was aiding me quickly went to my side and checked my temperature.

" Doctor,no need to do that. My temperature will keep dropping." The doctor was taken aback and his eyes glued on me.

" What do you meant,child?"I shook my head and turned away. I couldn't open up to someone like him easily. 

" Seems like you don't want to talk about it" I could his gaze was darting on me and because I am feeling uncomfortable, I looked at him.

" Stop looking at me. I won't do anything." I muttered softly. Then I kept fidgeting on the bed when the doctor touched my forehead.

" As I said, my temperature-" Before I could say anything else, the doctor pushed me on the bed. His hand kept rubbing my face so I slapped his hand away and tried to hit him.

" What are you doing!?" When my eyes fixed on his brown orb, I realised something didn't felt right. The doctor was being controlled but my thought was interrupted by the slam of the infirmary door.

" Kris.." Kris was standing there and he was speechless however right then, the doctor suddenly fell on top of me.

" Why are you here?" I asked him while dragging the doctor body away from me.

" And why should I tell you? It is none of your business right." He was mad and stress out. His clothes was crook and I know he was over working himself.

"..." I turned away when he was taking the doctor away. Even without a glance, I sense that he was looking at me.

" You shouldn't be staying in here. It's dangerous nowadays, I will come back here and send you to your dormitory." 

" Its that one of your job too?"Finally I push myself to meet his eyes. After the embarrassment event for that day, I can't trust him anymore. I sat on the white bed and wonder what kind of answer he will give me.

" You are special because you are my play toy. I don't want to endanger you." He smirked. Hearing that was making heart boil so I threw the pillow at him.

" Get out!" I screamed on top of my lungs and he winked at me before walking away.

" I hate him! They are really rat and one of the species of the pest!" While I was throwing tantrum, I realised the window was open. The wind was blowing softly the curtain. My aunty said it was inappropriate for me to open the window at night time but I was so careless so I will forget to do that almost everyday.

I jumped from my bed and dragged my legs to the window. When I tried to lock it, I saw a shadow standing on the branch of tree. I know he was a man judge by his muscular figure and his eyes was bright red. 

I wanted to run away but I couldn't . After that, my headache became much more painful and I was panting really hard. The only thing that making me standing up was the window railing. 

Soon You are going to be the destruction and once that day come, I will take you and we can live in greed" I heard his voice for the second time and right then, he ran away. 

Destruction? Am I going to be that.

Bang! The infirmary door was slam again and I turned to look at the culprit. Kris, he was panting really hard and he ran to my side.

" What?" I asked him with annoy tone. Then he lifted me up like a bride and I was shocked more than ever.

" Hey, let me down!" I was trying to struggle but he kept on walking and exit the infirmary.

" Don't trouble me with your attitude,Kai. I could be more dangerous if you hit my bad point again" His eyes was dark and he was threatening me so I shut up my mouth and let him to carry me.

Baekhyun POV

After the seeing the mess in Kai room, Kyungsoo and I agreed to clean his room. When we finished with our task, we went to the infirmary and found Kai was sleeping soundly on the bed. The doctor gave him tranquilizer pill so that he won't restless.

" Thank you doctor." We said our gratitude and hold Kai pale hand before heading out. It was already 2:30 p.m and our class still running but I had a better idea.

" Kyungsoo, do you want to accompany me?" I was playing with my phone while talking to him. He didn't seem interested.

" No, I want to go back to class. However you can go. I will create a story to the teacher." He wave me a goodbye and quickly ran off to the class. 

I am also quickening my pace and went to the forest. Once I saw the big gate, I jumped on to of it and safely landing on the ground. The only thing I saw in front of me was a jungle. Because I am rather rebel these day, I know which way I need to go. I still remember the day when I found a cave just down the school. 

When I arrived there, I noticed the barrier that was created around the cave had been open. I walked into the cave and inspecting my surrounding. I saw many kind of drawing and it was creepy. The drawing itself was creepy.

At the end of the of the drawing, I saw multiple of sentences that I am not familiar. We never learned this language in the school and it seems the language was used in the ancient age.

" This must has to do with all the thing that happen around the school but why now? It started when Kai came to this school, is it a coincidence or fate?" Many thought popped into my mind but I never got an answer. With loud sigh, I heading out from the cave and went to the school.

No One POV

There was a man sitting on the branches near the tree where the cave was located. He was the figure that Kai saw in the infirmary.

" Baekhyun.. Another person that need to die" Then he laughed hysterically. All the birds fly away from him. The wild animal was afraid of him and the tree cried seeing the dark shadow hovering over them.

Luhan POV

I was strolling around the park while slurping the bubble tea. It was already nightfall but I couldn't fell asleep. I heard from Baekhyun and Kyungsoo that Kai was admitted to the infirmary because he is sick so immediately I went to the infirmary. However he was sleeping and Lay, Xiumin and I didn't want to wake him up. He look cute snuggling the blanket and everyone smile wider when he mumble in his sleep.

Then, after visiting him, I tried to find the stall who sell the bubble tea and this is how I ended walking in the park.

" You are Luhan right?" A voice was heard behind me so I looked back. It was Sehun and he was standing proudly in front of me.

" I don't know you" Without leaving a second glance I walked away but he was fast. He hold my thin wrist and shoved me to sit on the bench.

" What are you doing!? " I tried to fight with him however he was much stronger than me and in the end, I lost to him.

" I want that bubble tea" He won't wait of my approval and took my bubble tea from my grasp. I tried to maneuver my way to get back my drink. Unfortunately, he kept avoiding me. 

" You are thirsty right Sehun?" I muttered softly and he heard it. He nodded slowly and I couldn't deny that he look rather cute.

" What are you doing here walking in this hour? Don't the King must finish all of your important job tomorrow?" After drinking all of it, he snapped his finger and the container flew with the wind guiding it. Then he snapped again and it was put into the trash bin.

" I could ask the same thing to you. What are you doing here?" He asked me back. 

" I can't fall asleep. " I said with nonchalant tone. I just can't understand why would I react when he talked to me. Aside from Kai, he was one of the person that I could talk freely. 

The wind blew softly my hair and it was kind of messy now. Sehun suddenly lean his body and held the strand of my hair. He put the strand to the place where it should be and he kept playing with it.

" You have soft hair." I was surprised when I saw his happy face but why should he be happy?

" Er, thanks" Before he could initiate any conversation, he received a phone call from his other member. His face was turning scrunch and then rushed away leaving me on the bench.

" Is he had a bipolar disorder or something?" After leaving me that way, I also took my leave while rubbing my forehead. 

 

Kyungsoo POV

" Hey you!" I heard a voice calling out for me but it is already midnight. There is no way the student will lurking around the school. I braces myself to bend my head to the other and looked at the person. I realised it was Tao, he is one of The King.

" Me?" I pointed to myself and he nodded.

" What are you doing here? Student must stay in their own dormitory." He was clearly annoyed by me and I was pissed off too.

" I could do whatever I want and I don't need any of your rat approve." I clicked my tongue and walked away. He seems furious with my attitude and held my body from the back.

" Hey let me go!" His hand was hugging my body and I couldn't slipped from his grasp.

" You really annoying. You don't have right to call us rat, you got that?!" He pushed my body to the ground and smirked.

" I am not afraid of you so back off!" I kicked his groin and fell on to the floor. With fast pace, I ran to my room and lock it. I was relieved that my room wasn't that far and I don't need to use stair to get in to my room.

I walked to my bed and dipped myself into it. I guess running away from him was making so much tired than usual. When I closed my eyes, everything was dark and I was already fallen asleep.