Oblivious

Clueless

 

 

 

 

"Yah, Niel-ah, seen the new kid?" Chanhee commented, grabbing his friend and dragging him to the nearest table at the school's cafeteria.

"No, who?" the younger one replied, as always, oblivious to what happened around him.

"There!" his hyung pointed at a tall, good looking guy, with pitch black hair and a noticeable worked out body. "He is hot"

Niel shrugged his shoulders while getting his attention on his food again. He wasn't really into those kind of guys, but ever since his hyung had found out that he liked men, he had been basically shoving every single guy he could find right up his face. He was very capable of choosing who ever he wanted, he thought, but his friend liked to tell him otherwise; that since he was so naive and never seemed to realize when someone was interested in him, that he himself would have to help him before he ended up alone.

"Yah, Ahn Daniel" someone called behind his back. He turned to find Byunghun, Chanhee's sort of boy toy. "The principal's looking for you. He asked me to tell you to go to his office after lunch" he commented, sitting next to Chanhee and sweetly removing his hair from his face before leaning in for a kiss.

"Fine, I'll go now, don't feel like being the third wheel anyways" the younger one said, rolling his eyes while getting up.

Slowly, he walked through the high school's corridors, with no hurry. He stopped at the principal's office, and sighed heavily before knocking the door; going to that office usually meant trouble, his friends had mentioned a few times.

"Oh, Daniel-goon" Mr Lee said, gently gesturing the younger one to take a sit in front of him. "How are you?"

"Good" he simply replied, shrugging.

"That's good, that's good" the older one mumbled, while going through some papers on his desk. "Well, you might be wondering why I asked you here, right?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm sure you're familiar with out tutoring programs, am I right?"

"Of course, but I'm not failing in any class, I didn't think I'd..."

"No, no, no" Lee Sunho interrupted him, shaking a hand while smiling. "Of course it's not for you. Actually, after seeing how much you've improved in some areas, making you one of the top of your class, I thought you could give me a hand, and tutor one of your hoobaes"

"Oh" he paused. He would have to tutor some young kid? He sighed. He didn't want to be rude, but also it didn't really feel like a good way of spending his free time. He wasn't that good at school either. Someone like Chanhee or even Changhyun would be a better choice. Those two were really smart.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I chose you" Niel nodded. "Well, you see, I would've asked Chanhee-goon but seeing he's so busy tutoring Byunghun lately..."

Daniel chuckled. If only the principal knew that what he called "tutoring" was actually making out at every spare time they had.

"So, anyways, you're also good. And I couldn't ask for Changhyun-goon's help because they are in the same class. Since you're an year older, you'll be able to guide him".

"Fine" he accepted. "So who is he?"

"He's a new kid, Choi Jonghyun" he got to his feet, gesturing Daniel to do the same. "I'll call him and request him to meet you at the library after classes today, is that ok?"

The younger one nodded a little reluctangly. He had hoped to get home fast after school, so that he'd be able to play a few video games before his parents arrived.

 

 

The rest of the classes went by really fast. After school ended, he left his classroom and dragged himself to the library.

"Yah! Where are you going?" he turned and found Chanhee walking towards him. "Aren't you going home?"

"No" he replied, almost in a sad tone. "Mr Lee got me to tutor some new kid this afternoon"

"Ohhh, poor Nielie" the older one commented pretending to be sympathetic, though smiling. "Well, who knows. It might turn out like my tutoring time with Byunghun-ah"

"Tsk. Shut up" he rolled his eyes while opening the library's door and walking inside after waving his friend goodbye.

"Hey..." he said to the back of the only boy that was sitting there, asuming it'd be the one he had to tutor. "I'm..." he widened his eyes and tried to say nothing when the boy turned his face to look at him. It was the kid Chanhee had pointed at, at the cafeteria "Oh".

"Hello!" he said smiling, getting up and bowing politely. "Are you my tutor? Ahn... Da-niel?" he read the boy's name out of a piece of paper, frowning. "Are you foreing?"

"No... my parents just really seemed to like that name"

"Cool. So... what do we do?"

They looked at each other a little awkwardly. Daniel could literally hear a mocking laughter inside his head that sounded just like Chanhee's.

"I guess we could... ummm... see what subjects are you taking tomorrow and we'll work from there?"

"That's good, sunbaenim"

"Just call me hyung" Niel said, a little uncomfortable with the excess of formality.

They went through the younger's books and asignments for over two hours, until they realized it was already dark outside.

"!" Daniel cursed, looking outside the library's window.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I should've left before it got dark..."

"Oh... Yeah, we should go." the younger one said smiling while getting his books and stuff into his backpack. "Thank's for today!"

"Don't worry, nothing to thank. Well, I'm gonna leave first, that's ok?"

"Sure! I'll see you tomorrow!" both boys got up and the younger one bowed again, while the older one just awkwardly waved and walked away.

 

 

He was almost four blocks away. He shouldn't be scared. It was already too late at night for those boys to be around at this time. Still... he shivered, remembering the last time he had arrived home after sunset.

He started to walk faster until he got to a corner and turned left. "Just one block" he told himself.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here" a boy's voice said behind Niel's back, making the hair behind his neck stand up. "Isn't it princess Ahn"

"Yah!" Daniel complained at the nickname, but didn't dare to look up.

"What? So, you're not a princess? Oh! Right!" he laughed, while two more friends got closer, surrounding the skinny boy. "You're a queen!"

Daniel turned, trying to get away, but found his path blocked by a tall boy, that smirked before pushing him hard, making him drop his backpack.

"You do know what happens to little like you in our neighbourhood?" the same boy kept talking, while the other two just laughed. "I told you we'd make you feel sorry if you ever showed your face to us again"

He shoved Daniel hard, making the boy loose his balance. Slowly, he walked towards him and lifted his arm. Niel shut his eyes firmly, getting mentally ready for the blow, but nothing happened. Confused, he dared to open one eye, and saw an arm grabbing the tall boy's fist, before making him turn and punch him right in the face.

"What the...?" Daniel said. He looked up and realized that he knew that boy. He saw him fight off the bullies with an amazing skill, and soon all three of them were basically running for their lifes, while his saviour stood there, smiling at him. "What the..." Daniel breathed again.

"Are you ok?" Jonghyun asked, walking to where the skinny boy was, still too shocked to move. "Did they hurt you?"

Niel simply shook his head a few times, still unable to talk.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you saying anything?"

"Your lip's bleeding" the older one mumbled, pointing at it.

"Oh" Jonghyun got a hand on his lip and then looked at his fingers covered in blood, as if he had no idea he was hurt. He did it a few more times until he wasn't bleeding any more, and then got to his knees to pick up the books that had fallen from Daniel's bag.

"Here"

"Thanks..." Daniel whispered, still confused.

"Are you sure you're ok hyung?" Jonghyun sounded a little worried.

"I'm... I'm ok" he got his bag and then asked, "what are you doing here?"

"I live a block away. You?"

"Me too..."

"Great. Ok, from now on, I'll walk you home. Wouldn't wanna see my tutor get hurt" he smiled and started to walk, but soon he had to go back and grab the older by the hand, and drag him along because he wasn't moving.

 

 

"He did what???" Chanhee asked, bewildered.

"Shhhhh!!" Daniel frowned at his friend, gesturing to lower his voice. "It was like watching the korean version of Jackie Chan, I tell you".

"Woaaaah, no wonder he has such a hot body" the older one commented, before letting out a small gasp, getting punched by Byunghun who sat beside him.

"Well, I don't know but--"

"Hyung!" a voice called, and all three boys turned to find Jonghyun smiling and walking towards them. "Are you ok?"

"Oh... Jonghyun-ah... yeah, yeah..." Daniel said a little awkwardly.

"Wanna sit with u-us" Chanhee managed to asked, again feeling his arm hurt with the "sweet" demostration of Byunghun's jealousy.

"Oh... sure, I guess..." he sat next to Daniel, and smiled at him, while the older one just felt his face burn and looked away.

"Well, Byunghunnie and I need to go do some... stuff. We'll catch with you later" he winked before leaving.

"Stuff" Daniel snorted, knowing that his friend had done that on purpose.

They remained in silence for a while until the older one decided to talk.

"Thank you... for last night" he said, slowly.

"No need. It was my fault that you got stuck here till so late" he said, smiling.

"Still..."

"Hyung, can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Why were they bullying you?" he asked, curious. "For what I managed to hear, it wasn't the first time, is there a problem between you?"

"Well..." he wasn't sure if he should tell him. He had had a few bad expirienced with homofobics and wasn't sure if he wanted korean Jackie Chan to be hating his guts too. "It's... complicated"

"Oh, ok... Well it's ok if you don't wanna tell me, but you can trust in me if you need to talk".

Daniel smiled unconciously.

"You're pretty when you smile hyung" the younger one said. "Well, I better get going too, I have to meet up with Changhyun. See you later?"

"Y-y-yeah" Niel managed to say, his heart pouding fast in his chest, his voice cracking. Did he just tell him he was pretty? Not even handsome, but pretty?

 

 

Two weeks passed like nothing, slowly after that night, Jonghyun was starting to earn Daniel's trust, and they would always walk home together, while casually chatting about random stuff. Jonghyun happened to be really interesting, he had been living abroad for a while, and Daniel never got tired of his stories, since he himself wished to be able to travel someday. Eventually, he started to see what Chanhee was talking about. Jonghyun did have a hot body. Not only that, but he was also cute and always full of energy and really, really into skinship; something that usually made Daniel awkward, but that he was starting to enjoy lately, though he tried not to let the other one notice.

That night was a friday night about three weeks after they first met, in which they were both walking home together along with Chanhee. Just another regular, casual night.

"Yah, Niel-ah" Chanhee said, stopping at a corner, "I'm gonna go now, Byunghun's waiting for me"

"Oh, ok"

The older one got closer to him and hugged him tightly while playfully punching him on the side a few times.

"Yah!" Jonghyun intervened, grabbing Niel by the waist and pushing Chanhee aside. The oldest looked at both his dongsaengs a little upset, before realizing something and smirking to himself.

"What?" Daniel asked, annoyed at his friend's gaze, while trying to break loose from Jonghyun's grip.

"Nothing! See you tomorrow!" Chanhee winked and left, leaving Daniel and Jonghyun alone.

"Yaaaah!" the older one complained, using all his streght to move the younger one away. "Stop doing that"

It had becomed an habit for his dongsaeng to hug him at every chance he could. Even when he was a little rough, it would still be in a sweet way, so Daniel couldn't get himself to be angry by his action.

"I'm sorry hyung" Jonghyun said, moving away and looking at him with puppy eyes like he always did after Daniel pretended to dislike the excess of skinship.

"It's ok" the older one found himself saying, while patting him on his head. "But you shouldn't do that around here" he warned him, suddenly realizing where they were.

"Why not?"

"Well, cuz---"

"Well, if it isn't little Ahn queen" a boy said suddenly, interrumpting them.

"Who are you?" Jonghyun asked, tensing his body.

"Who are you? I should ask. Hanging out with little princess over here" the boy replied, annoyed at the younger one's use of informal language.

"What do you care?"

"Jonghyun-ah, let's just go" Daniel said, grabbing his friend's arm and trying to pull him away, but the boy just wouldn't move.

"Were you the one that was bullying Niel hyung that night?" Jonghyun asked, his voice filled with anger.

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure your little boyfriend here has a large ammount of enemies, being who he is".

"And who is he?"

"Oh" the boy opened his eyes, looking at both Daniel and Jonghyun before letting out an sarcastic laugh. "He didn't tell you? I wondered why someone would hang out with him. You shouldn't get too close, it might be contagious".

"What the hell are you talking about?" the younger asked almost screaming. He really had a bad temper.

"That your friend over here is an ungly and disgusting little gay, didn't you know? He likes to men, you--"

The boy wasn't able to finish, because suddenly a fist went flying to his face, and soon Jonghyun was leaning on top of the boy that was on the floor, punching the hell out of him.

"Stop it! You're gonna kill him!" Daniel yelled at the younger, getting closer to him and grabbing his hand in mid air. "Stop it!" he repeated.

Jonghyun breathed a few times until he was able to calm down a little, and said, "Don't you ever get close to Niel hyung, or next time I'll make sure to find you while I'm alone so no one's there to stop me"

"Yah! What's wrong with you?? Are you crazy???" the older one screamed at him while dragging him away from here the other boy, who was lying on the floor. "You could've killed him!"

"Tsk, 'course I wasn't going to. But what? Didn't you hear what he called you?? I dare him to try and bully you again" his friend stated, outraged.

Daniel swallowed. He had gotten mad... because the boy had called him gay? He found it an insult? What... what was he going to do now?

"You wanted me to just let it pass?" Jonghyun asked, sitting down on the side walk, while massaging his hand.

"Jonghyun-ah... I..." he doubted, sitting beside him. Would it be ok if he told him the truth? Would he really do it, knowing he could loose his friend? The cute little boy that always hugged him and annoyed him every single time he could, but that was so manly other times and protective of him, that had even made him feel differently the past weeks? He couldn't do it. He couldn't loose him, but he also didn't want to lie to him. He had been fearing this day for a while now, ever since he realized his feelings for the younger were more than just of friendship. Because, if he ever wanted to confess, he would also have to come out and tell him the truth. That he indeed liked men.

"What is it hyung?" the boy asked, concerned at the worried look on Niel's eyes.

"You see..." he took a deep breath, and continued, "it's true".

"What?"

"What the boy said" he paused, studying his friend's reaction, "I'm gay".

There was a long silence in which both just looked at each other without even moving a muscle. And then, all of a sudden, Jonghyun leaned forward at the speed of light, and pressed his lips right against Daniel's. The older one just widened his eyes, shocked, looking straight at the boy's closed eyes, and slowly feeling a warmth inside his chest that he had never felt. The younger one moved away, opening his eyes, and looked at his hyung with worried eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... It's jus that... I like you" he said hurriedly while looking away, scared that his hyung wouldn't like him back, that being the reason why he hadn't returned the kiss.

"W-wh-what?"

"I like you" Jonghyun replied once more. "I never said anything because I didn't want to scare you away, I wasn't sure if you... you know"

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have kissed you like that, I'm sure you already have a boyfriend or something, and now everything will be awkward between us and--" he stopped, feeling his friend's hand on his arm. He looked up and met Daniel's eyes looking at him still in shock, but this time he could also see he was smiling.

"Jonghyun-ah" the older one managed to say, "why the hell did you punch that boy if it wasn't because he called me gay?"

"He was the one that was bullying you the other night. And now he dared to call you ugly and disgusting!" his dongsaeng said, sounding outraged again, as if he couldn't believe someone was mean enough to say something like that. "I could not let him say that and get away with it!"

Daniel just laughed, unable to stop himself. He found the whole situation so messed up and confusing, but at the same time he was just too damn happy to care.

"What? what?" the boy questioned, looking at his hyung laugh and grab his stomac like crazy.

"I'm sorry Jonghyun-ah" he breathed in between laughs, "It's not funny but I just can't stop laughing".

"Yah!" the boy punched him on the shoulder, annoyed.

Niel took a few deep breaths until he was able to stop his giggles, and turned to look at his dongsaeng.

"Jonghyun-ah, I was scared to death to tell you that I was gay" he stated, "I thought you'd be horrified and then you woulnd't want to hang out with me anymore. I thought I'd rather have you as a friend than nothing at all, even if I had to hide who I was. Even if I had to hide the fact that... I like you".

"You idiot" Jonghyun said, rolling his eyes. "I thought I was being so obvious, always hugging you and fooling around, I thought you would eventually be freaked out".

"I... I thought you were just... I don't know, really into skinship and all that".

"Tsk. You're so clueless sometimes. How can you not realize when someone's hitting on you?"

"Yah!" he complained, slapping the back of his head. "You're sounding like Chanhee hyung".

Jonghyun just smirked, before getting his arms around Daniel's waist and pulling him closer, leaning again for another kiss, one that this time was fully returned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Waaaaaaaaaaaa, did you like it?^^ Let me know! And if you want to request a One Shot, go do it here!