Snowy Blade

Snowy Blade

The story begins with a crisp winter day on the outer edge of a village well known for its katana wielding swordsmen. A dense snowy forest surrounds this place, protecting it but also making it very dangerous to enter or exit. We find Gayoon in front of the fence to 2Yoon's home trying to fend off Doojoon's advances towards Jiyoon. Doojoon fell in love with Jiyoon during a mission they were sent on by the village however the feelings are not mutual. Jiyoon is already in love with Gayoon but there love is a secret because it is forbidden in the culture they live in. Doojoon has been visiting every day for months begging to see his lovely Jiyoon. Today he is finally fed up and willing to do anything to see her.

 

Gayoon: Sigh...how many times do I have to tell you Doojoon? just go away!

 

Doojoon: Cant you at least let me speak to her once?!

 

Gayoon: She wants nothing to do with you!

 

Doojoon: How about you let her tell me that?! This has nothing to do with you so get out of my way.

 

Doojoon tries to push his way past Gayoon to enter the fence. Gayoon Takes her stance, pushes Doojoon back and draws her katana slicing through the air in front of Doojoon as a warning.

 

Gayoon: Try that again and you are a dead man! Do you want to die for love that isn’t shared by her?!

 

Doojoon: Maybe it isn’t shared yet but I deserve a chance to win her over. Why do you care so much anyway? Your acting like your her lov...er...Is that it?! Is that why you wont let me see her because you two are together?!

 

Gayoon: That's none of your business! Just go away and leave us alone!

 

Gayoon starts to cry.

 

Gayoon: Ill do anything to protect our secret and keep her mine! Anything!

 

Doojoon: Anything huh? Like what?

 

Gayoon: Take another step and you'll find out...

 

Time slows down as Doojoon begins to step forward. Gayoons blade begins to sweep towards him. Doojoon spins clockwise drawing his blade, deflecting Gayoons attack. The Two start to battle back and forth. Every moment there blades crashing together like thunder. The snow ground beneath them became littered with there footprints.

 

In the house Jiyoon was sleeping only to be woken by the furious battle that was taking place out side. She jumps out of her bed, over to her window to see what was going in front of the house. Jiyoon couldn't believe her eyes as she saw Gayoon and Doojoon in a heated battle. She grabs her gear and dashes down the stairs, ripping open the front door.

 

At that moment both Doojoon and Gayoon see Jiyoon and lose concentration for a split second. Gayoon realizes Doojoon is open so she places all of her power into one final attack. Doojoon see the attack coming and uses Gayoons power against her throwing her off balance. Then with one swift strike the snowy ground was stained red. Gayoon falls to her knees in shock then slowly slumps to the ground badly hurt, facing away from Jiyoon.

 

Jiyoon: GAYOOOOOOOON!

 

Jiyoon runs to Gayoons side, rolling her over.

 

Jiyoon: Gayoon speak to me! Say something!

 

Gayoon: I’m so sorry...I lost...i did this for you...for us...i love you

 

So many tears fill Jiyoon's eyes she cant see. Angry and Saddened she closes her eyes and just holds Gayoon close to her heart.

 

Jiyoon: You idiot I know you love me! You didn't have to do this! I love you too! Why Gayoon WHY!?

 

Doojoon seeing what he has caused drops his blade and falls to his knees.

 

Doojoon:....What have I done...?

 

He gets up and walks over to 2Yoon. Jiyoon hears him coming and wildly lashes out, slashing the air in his direction with her blade. Jiyoon is still blinded by her tears so all she can do is swing violently at the air.

 

Jiyoon: Get away from her!!

 

Doojoon: I just......im sorry...i didn't mean for this to happen!

 

Doojoon is now crying too.

 

Jiyoon: JUST SHUT UP! Get out of here now before I kill you for what you've done!!

 

Doojoon was hurt beyond belief. Not only did he feel terrible for mortally wounding Gayoon but now his love Jiyoon wants nothing more then for him to die.

 

Doojoon, gravely depressed walks back, picks up his blade and slowly walks off into the forest never to be seen again.

 

What was once a lovely winter day was now destroyed. One life hanging in the balance, another a walking ghost. As the snow begins to fall Jiyoon is left clutching Gayoon desperately wondering what she can do for her. The snow becomes very heavy, erasing all vision of the lovers on the ground as the night falls.