sunday

battle of the kawaiis

summary: it’s a sunday. chanyeol sleeps in on sundays.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chanyeol wake up. It’s noon."

 

"Chanyeol wake up. It’s half past noon."

 

"Chanyeol wake up. It’s one in the afternoon."

 

"Chanyeol wake up. There’s a kitten stuck in the tree-"

 

"WHERE." Chanyeol literally springs out of bed, does a somersault on the floor and almost unlocks the door when Wufan puts both hands on each of his shoulders. "I was just joking, you wouldn’t wake up so this was the only way."

 

"Oh." Chanyeol visibly deflates and drags his feet back to his bed, crushing his face into his pillow. "You shouldn’t joke about rescuing pets. Especially kittens! They’re adorable."

 

"Only you would be so dedicated to rescuing these animals," Wufan effortlessly replies.

 

They bask in the comfortable silence for a few moments, when Chanyeol stomach growls. He frowns and pats it a couple of times.

 

"Kevin, I’m hungry, let’s go to the canteen." Wufan ignores the misuse of his name and gives Chanyeol a thorough lookdown. Geek spectacles, messy mop of brown bed hair, black sweat pants, tattered old grey hoodie. Perfectly normal.

 

"You don’t want to brush your teeth first?" Chanyeol merely swats him off. "Why brush your teeth when you’re going to eat. Kevin, I’m hungryyy, let’s goooo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wah, Chanyeol oppa looks so kawaii!"

 

"Chanyeol oppa is eating spaghetti! He’s so cute!"

 

"Chanyeol oppa is the definition of kawaii, wahh I wish I knew him!"

 

"I want to steal Chanyeol oppa’s outfit!"

 

"Do you think these girls even realise Chanyeol is wearing crocs?" Minseok whispers to Jongdae. Minseok looks at the table Chanyeol and Wufan are at. Chanyeol slurps his spaghetti loudly and a blotch of ketchup lands on his hoodie. He frowns and the tsunami of fangirls hiding indiscreetly screams. "They aren’t even supposed to be on our all-male campus.”

 

"I doubt it. Besides, I don’t really care." Jongdae lifts his DSLR up and aims his lens at Chanyeol. Months of practice has allowed him to take quality photos of Chanyeol. He knows all of his cover boy’s best angles, and he can even turn bad angles into good ones. "He rakes in money. Last night, my Chanyeol fansite hit an all-time high of five thousand people at the same time. Do you know how many downloads have been made. A lot."

 

"Chanyeol doesn’t even know the order of the four seasons." Minseok wrinkles his nose and continues to observe his subject of discussion further. He’s telling Wufan a joke but he’s the only one laughing. He buries his head into Wufan’s shoulders in an attempt to stop his laughter and the noise level increases a little more.

 

Jongdae pays no heed. Instead he taps Minseok impatiently on the shoulder. “Say, could you let me borrow your cat again for half an hour? Chanyeol tends to look good when he climbs up a tree frantically. It emphasizes his long legs and body.”

 

Minseok sighs. This is a typical Sunday indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

note: chanyeol's look is hugely inspired by this. how to get rid of kawaii chanyeol feels.