Kim Joonmyeon

Memories

Today is the day where I’m going to meet my future for the first time. I put on my best suit with plain black slacks. I’ve decide to pushed up my hair to reveal all the lines that makes my face looks sharp. Well I need to impress my in laws too aren’t I? Looking at myself for the last time and wishing myself for luck, I went downstairs where my parents are waiting for me. My dad wore a suit which he only wore for an important occasion and my mom with her expansive dress smiling sincerely me as I went down the steps one by one. ‘Are you ready my son?’  dad asks me. I gave him a small nod and we walk to the car in front of our house.

While on our way to the restaurant, I keep on thinking about how my future will looks like. Is she tall or short? Is she dark or fair? Does she have a long hair? Is she feminine or tomboyish? I keep on imagining what she will look like till my mom shook my shoulder a bit telling me that we already here. I felt anxious all so sudden. What if she’s ugly? What if she didn’t like me? Dad saw the changes on my face and he pat my back lightly and told me that everything will be fine. Yes everything will be fine, everything must be fine.

The walk from the lobby to the restaurant feels like hours to be honest. I keep on playing with my fingers thinking about my future in laws. Dad keeps on telling me that they’re an important people in the industries and for me to get marry with their child is an absolutely God’s gift. ‘God love us. They gave us everything that people ever wish for and I am thankful enough to let their child be my in law.’

 

 

Later on, we went to the restaurant and a waiter walk us to the exclusive part of the restaurant. Then dad greets a man, average height just like my dad. ‘Hello there Mr Do. How are you?’ dad greet him and introduce him to me and my mom.  We seat on a round table, Mr Do and my dad seat side by side, with my family on the right side while Mr Do’s family on the other side but in between me and Mrs Do, there’s two empty chair. I guess she will be seating in one of this chair but I’m not sure about the other one. While waiting for her to came here, I excuse myself to the washroom to calm myself down.

I went to the men’s and just stand in front of the sinks while staring. Just staring at myself thinking how I should react when I met her. I practice my smile. Should I smile widely or should I just crave a small smile? Should I shake her hand or just gave her a nod? ‘Hello, I’m Kim Joonmyeon’ and I let a small smile. No, that won’t work. They might think I’m rude. ‘Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Joonmyeon, your future husband’ I mumble again. Will it work? I let out a small sigh and keep on practice my small greeting till one guy came out from one of the stall.

We both look at each other and gave an awkward smile. He walks to the sink to wash his hand while I’m still practicing my smile. I stole a glance at him through the mirror, pretty round eye, full pouty lips. Will she have those kinds of eyes? Will she have those kissable lips? ‘Excuse me?’ he said. I shook out from my state and realize that I’ve been staring at him. ‘Yes sir? Can I help you?’ I reply with the best manners I have. He smile, ‘the other taps are not functioning well. May I..uh’ he tried to explain while a small blush spread on his cheek. I let out a small ‘oh’ and move over so he can use the tap. After he done he breathe out a small thank you and leave the washroom.

I look back at myself. Why did I felt weird inside? Am I that anxious? Because I never felt this way before. I wash my face and wipe it off before making my way back. I walk to the familiar path to my family’s table and there’s two people sitting on the vacant seat. A girl and a boy. I felt my stomach shrinking. So this is it. My future wife. ‘Soo, I like you to meet your partner’ Mr Do breath out.

 

 

I let a small smile lingers on my lips expecting her daughter to look at me but it’s his son that turn around and I let out an audible gasp. He gave me the same expression. Those pretty round eyes that I expected. Those pouty lips that I adore. Yes my future has those but it’s a he. He just stares at me with wide eyes that look like they’re going to pop up any minute. I look back at him then at my parents. This is crap. Without saying anything, he ran left the restaurant. Mr Do called out his name attracts other costumer but he could care less. Maybe this is a sign for me to leave as well. I ran out and called my personal driver to pick me up. Is my dad out of his mind? I’m not gay and I will never be one for the rest of my life. My dad keeps on calling my phone. I wanted to answer it but I just felt disgust. How could he expect me to get married to a guy? Doesn’t he want me to have sons or daughters? ‘I’m not gay’ I ensure myself before my driver is up and drive me back home.

The next day is hard for me. My dad doesn’t talk to me since morning. We’re going for a meeting later but he chooses to ignore me. Same goes to my mom. Why are they being so cold with me? Is it because of yesterday? I let out a little sigh and went to the meeting like nothing has ever happen. Inside the meeting room, dad says that we’re waiting for someone important and that important person turns out to be Mr Do.

The meeting held like usual. Both of my dad and Mr Do done it like a professional. When the meeting is finish, people start to leave the room one by one till left with me, dad, his secretary, Mr Do and his secretary. I decide that I need to apologize for some things so I walk to Mr Do’s way. ‘sir..’ he look at me and smile. His son got some of his looks. Those eyes just like the one that I saw in the washroom. ‘I know yesterday is a horrible. I’m sorry for being a burden to you and your family. If I could do something to-’

The reason I want you to marry my son is because you’re a good person Joonmyeon-ah. I thought you both would like each other if your dad and I set you up. I guess we are wrong. Maybe he got someone else. Or maybe you got someone special already’ he said and let out a laugh. I rubbed my neck awkwardly, ‘I wish we could start over Sir. I really want to get to know your family more’ I said given my best smile. Dad will be so proud of me.

 

 

**

yeay my first chapter is on. so this is how my sequel works. instead of making our kyungmyeon get back together, i create on how they meet. how they start their relationship as husband and husband. How Joonmyeon feel with kyungsoo. How kyungsoo feels about Joonmyeon. SO YEAY FOR MY FIRST CHAPTER ^_^

Yes this is what i have two days ago. i can't sleep so i decide to create "short" chapter and this happen. they're really short aren't they? I'M SORRY!! I'm currently working up on my next chapter. i've write 4 or 5 paragraph already so i guess the second chapter will be post in few days i guess. Since my Eid holiday is finish, class already started :( i really wanted to focus on our kyungmyeon tho. but looks like i need to balance my author time with my student time LOL so wait for me guys :'( don't leave me nehhhhh? xoxo

EXO SARANGHAJA