Opposites Attract

Opposites Attract - Teo

He always made others laugh without thinking about himself. Always the life of the party, you were just a shadow. A fly on the wall never invited to anything, looking on the outside because you were too shy to do anything.

"Class~ I would like to announce the awards for the class" The teacher snapped you out of your daydreaming about Teo, the most outgoing boy that you knew.

”_______ for being the quietest” The teacher said your name as you stood up and bowed to her as the rest of the class clapped for you, there were four other awards beside you. The rest of the day was just like the others, watching him laugh and talk to others like they had been friends for several years. Catching quick glances of you but nothing that you seemed to be note worthy. Picking up your books and your backpack you left school right as the bell rang.

”_______! _________!” You heard your name being called as you looked behind you thinking that it was one of your few friends but it was Teo. Teo, was running after you through the sea of unfamiliar faces. Waiting for him you leaned against the wall as he found his way to you.

"Hey I was just wondering if you would like to go to this singing class with me after school." Teo asked you as he was slightly out of breath.

"Sure, where do I meet?" You asked as you distracted your eyes from his.

"Music room in fifteen minutes. Thank you" Teo patted your shoulder then proceeded to run off to find some more people. Slowly walking to the music room, you opened the door just to find his group of friends in there. Moving to the other side of the room you pulled out your book and started reading.

"Ready to sing?" Teo called as a few more guys followed him. Looking around the room, it was you and three other girls and eight guys total. Sighing, you dove back into your book. A mass sat next to you leaning over your shoulder; looking up slowly you saw that Teo was reading over your shoulder.

"Is this a good book?" He asked as his eyes still moved from left to right.

"Yeah, I like it. It has adventure, romance a little mystery and a ton of detail." You smiled as he looked at you, releasing a natural smile for you.

"Sounds good. I haven’t been into reading books lately. I should get back into that" He rubbed the back of his neck as the other singers cleared their throats at you two. "Oh right, here is the song that we are singing" He handed you the sheet music as you doggie eared the page and slid it into your backpack. He stood up and took your hand, resisting his movements as he pulled you towards the piano. Leaning against the ebony, reflective surface of piano he began to sing as you looked at him confused. Tapping his finger along to the beat and having you follow with your eyes you started to slowly sing, quietly as possible because of how shy you got. He stopped the piano and pulled you aside.

"What’s wrong?" He asked

"I am just too shy" You played with the staple in the sheet music

"That is what makes you mysterious and unique" You felt the heat grow on your cheeks as he flattered you. "When you get nervous, or shy, hold my hand and I will give you some of my extra confidence." Sliding his hand through yours, both of you walked back to the piano. He apologized once again to the pianist as he started playing again, you held his hand tighter and closed your eyes as tight as they would go. Peeping them open just to see the lyrics, you began to sing. Teo got quiet as you were, making your confidence grow as you got louder and the rest of the room began to open up and dance singing in the background.  Breaking out of your shell, he fell into his. Changing social positions, now you were the outgoing one while you were singing and he was the shy one.

Everyone left the room after an hour‚ leaving you and Teo alone.

"I didn’t think that you would be like that." You said placing the sheet music on the top of the piano.

"How so?" He asked placing the chairs in a leaning stack.

"That you would get shy" You quietly said as you walked over to him, helping him stack the last chairs.

"You do that all the time" Teo smiled at you, "But I like that about you, its cute."

"I guess opposites attract" You slid your hand through his as both of you walked out of the room as you both talked about your differences making the chemistry grow between you grow stronger.