The Vicious Cycle

Challenge Accepted

Characters: Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Jongwoon

 

Kim Jongwoon is in love with Cho Kyuhyun.

It started after the accident six years ago.

 

It’s been a week after the accident; Cho Kyuhyun is still straddling the boundary between life and death. Seeing the respirator attached to the unmoving maknae made Jongwoon weak. Just the thought of possibly losing the maknae made him break down. The feeling of being utterly powerless made him loathe himself more.

 

Never again, he promised himself.

Months after, when Kyuhyun returned;

Jongwoon gave the maknae all his attention,

His affection,

His love.

Kyuhyun gladly accepted the older one’s love.

But there is a problem.

Cho Kyuhyun says he is straight.

 

It’s been roughly six months since they got together and the maknae was having second thoughts with their relationship. Homouality is still seen as something grotesque in Korea and them being the superstars that they are, something like this could be fatal for their careers.

“Sorry hyung, but I can’t do this anymore. What we’re doing is bad and you know it. What will our friends say? Our family? The fans?” Cho Kyuhyun was trying to explain to his lover.

Jongwoon was silent, his mind couldn’t comprehend the words from the younger’s mouth. No, he does understand, he just doesn’t want to accept.

“What are you saying then?” these were the only words that he could come up with because his mind was numbing down as the second goes by.

“I want to break up. This is just a phase and it will save both our careers”  the maknae straightforwardly says.

Jongwoon could only stare and watch his lover’s—ex-lover’s retreating back.

 

For six years, this has gone on.

Jongwoon loving Kyuhyun,

Kyuhyun loving Jongwoon back.

The maknae breaking it off because of his confused feelings

 

“Hyung, please talk to me. I can’t take it anymore. I can’t go on without you.” Kyuhyun was pleading to Jongwoon. He wanted to get back together.

His mouth couldn’t form any words. His love came back. He could only hug the maknae as a response.

He could never say no to the maknae, after all.

 

The maknae going back to Jongwoon

Jongwoon takes back Kyuhyun

And it begins again.

 

No one really found out what was going on between the two. It just showed that Jongwoon had a future in the movie industry; that smile that threw everyone off from asking why he’s wearing long sleeved shirts even if it was an inferno out there; or from asking why is he always hogging the bathroom when everyone’s asleep. No one found out about his cuts, no one found out about his suicide attempts, but more importantly no one found out anything about him and Kyuhyun.

No one really asked why he was so happy that everything to him seemed like rainbows and cotton candy. No one figured out that the two got back together. No one knew about the secret dates during rest days, or the make out sessions in the plane restroom during tours, no one asked why they’re always together. They figured that they were just that close.

 

It’s been six years, six painful years.

This sick and twisted cycle of lies, hurt and pleasure that they call love

is something both of them needed to escape from.

But sadly cannot.

 

Word Count: 547

 


A/N: wow, I was able to make something in one night. YES! at last I'm starting to write again. 2 down, and a lot more to go!

oyeah, here's the link for the prompt from Write Like the Wind. The prompt is "Escape". Try it. it's fun. :D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/158312/3/write-like-the-wind-challenge-random-writing-writingchallenge-prompt

Thanks for reading! and I hope you guys cheer me on. :D

Ciao,

-Akira