Really?

Jonginnie's Adopted? *Baby EXO series*

Jonginnie’s Adopted?

Jongin was busy playing building blocks with Sehun. Building a tall tower, and then Sehun would crash into in intentionally and Jongin would clap his hands above his head and yelled a ‘strike’ every time. Then Sehun would roll around in the blocks until his back hurts and get up and start helping Jongin to build back the tower to repeat the cycle all over again.

“Won’t it hurt your back?” Kyungsoo asked as he waddled towards them. Jongin made a ‘pshf’ sound and waved his hands.

“Sehun is a strong aegi, aren’t you Sehun?” Jongin said and pinched both of Sehun’s cheeks. Sehun smiled and nodded his head. Suho, who was reading his newspaper on the couch, just eyed his sons. Chanyeol was snoring (which is a relief) and Baekhyun was lying on Chanyeol’s stomach, counting how many ceiling lamps they own before drifting off, his breath in sync with the giant’s.

“Strike!” Jongin yelled and Sehun gleefully crashed into the tower, messing the blocks everywhere and roll on them.

“Jonginnie hyung try with Sehun!” Sehun said as he tapped an empty space beside him. Jongin shrugged, thinking of nothing better to do and joined his baby brother as they both rolled around the blocks like idiots. They stopped, finally, and Sehun ended up cuddling with Jongin since ‘Sehun was tired, want to cuddle’, and since Luhan isn’t here, the only living thing breathing near him is Jongin.

“Don’t squish him, Jongin.” Suho warned from the couch.

“I won’t. Sehunnie is too cute to squish.” Jongin said and giggled like a girl as he his baby brother’s hair.

This is strange, Suho thought. I’ve never seen this part of Jongin before…

“Sehunnie likes Jonginnie hyung. Hyunggie so warm…” Sehun mumbled as he cuddled deeper into Jongin’s chest.

“Appa,” Jongin asked, his eyes directly went up to his appa.

“Yes?”

“Why is Sehunnie’s skin so peachy?” Jongin asked as he looked at his sleeping brother.

“Peachy?” Suho asked in confusion. Jongin made a whimpering sound, as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

“Oh you know, why it so the colour peach.” Jongin said, hoping that his father would get the idea. Suho, realizing he was talking about skin colour and why Sehun’s skin is so fair, answered the toddler.

“Oh, he got it from appa of course.” Suho said.

“Aah, okay.” Jongin nodded slowly as he began drifting off to dreamland along with Sehun, while thinking;

But my skin is tan…

-X-

Jongin was joyfully playing with Baekhyun. They were smearing glitter all over Chanyeol’s sticky face (thanks to candy) and giggling all the way. Then they had a glitter parade down the hall. They are now currently ransacking Suho’s closet, taking out all his t-shirts.

“Appa won’t be mad at us doing this, right?” Baekhyun said as they sprinkled glitter over Suho’s favorite striped shirt.

“Oh no, appa won’t be mad at us.” Jongin assured his hyung. “In fact, he’ll be happy when he knows his shirt is sparkly.”

“Oh, okay. Then let’s put some on appa’s underpants too!” Baekhyun said as he pulled out some of Suho’s undergarments. “I learned clothing today at class,” Baekhyun blabbered about his day at the pre-school. “And teacher said these are called boxes.”

“Boxes?” Jongin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Why would Suho appa wear boxes in his pants? Won’t it be painful to walk in?”

“I don’t know. Appa looks pretty comfortable sleeping with the boxes in his pants.” Baekhyun said as he shrugged. “I wanna put pink glitter in appa’s boxes. Then he’ll look really pretty, even if no one will see it.” Baekhyun said as he literally dumps the whole pink glitter box on Suho’s underwear.

“Waah, you’re right. It does look pretty.” Jongin said as he gawked at the sparkly underwear. Baekhyun lifted the underwear so it would be in direct contact with the sun, and it glimmers. Baekhyun and Jongin took in another good 5 minutes, gawking at their profound masterpiece.

‘I should be an artist,’ Baekhyun thought. ‘This could be my new piece of art’.

He imagines himself in a big room. It was an exhibition for Leonardo De Baekhyun, the famous artist in the world. The announcer said his name, and Baekhyun emerged with the sound of clapping. The audience cried and wailed for Leonardo De Baekhyun to come down and greet them. Cameras flashed, sealing Baekhyun for the front page in tomorrow’s Daily Blabber Newspaper. Baekhyun was so into his imagination, he didn’t notice the yelp of horror coming from Suho.

“What have you done to my clothes?” Suho shrieked in horror as he quickly kneeled in front of his clothes. He sighed when he saw his favorite striped shirt decked with blue and green glitter. He gave a dirty look to Baekhyun and Jongin, who just smiled and blinked innocently at Suho.

“Look appa,” Jongin said as he raised Suho’s boxers. “We prettified your boxes!” He said with pride.

“I did too! We did it together!” Baekhyun said proudly and both of them smiled. Suho just hung his mouth open in shock. He then instructed Baekhyun to clean up Chanyeol’s face while he just patted Jongin’s head when he said he was sorry. Suho picked up the glitterfied clothes and dumped them in the washing machine, Jongin trotting behind him with a guilty face.

“I’m really sorry appa,” He said. Suho smiled as he ruffled his son’s hair.

“No, its okay, Jongin.” Jongin nodded his head looked down.

“Appa…”

“Yes, Jongin?”

“Why is Baekhyun’s voice so good to hear?” He asked his appa. “And why is Kyungsoo’s eyes so big?”

“Oh, because he got that from your omma of course. And Kyungsoo got his eyes from omma too,”  Suho said. Jongin nodded his head and looked down while thinking;

But I’m not good at singing, and my eyes aren’t that big…

-X-

“Jongin, try picking that apple,” Chanyeol said. The kids and Suho were in an apple orchard at the side of town. The owner apparently was close buddies with Suho, and he called when the apples were ripe. Jongin looked at the apple.

“Jonginnie hyung,” Sehun waddled towards him and fell, hugging Jongin’s legs as a reflex. He then stood back up. “Jonginnie hyung, can you pick that apple for Sehun?” He asked. He threw in an extra cute aegyo for good measure. Jongin patted Sehun’s head.

“Sure, hyung will take it for Sehunnie.” Jongin looked up at the apple in determination. He jumped, but no avail. He huffed as he jumped again, his fingers barely brushing against the apple.

“Don’t give up, hyungie! You can do it!” Sehun suddenly became a part time cheerleader for Jongin as he jumped and twirled in the fallen leaves. Jongin in his breath, bucked his knees and jumped as high as he could, but his fingers were nowhere near the apple.

“Jongin, do you want appa to take that for you?” Suho asked after seeing Jongin’s face go all red from trying to pick the apple. Jongin panted as he rested his body against the tree bark.

“No thanks, appa. Jongin wants to take it on my own. “ Jongin said confidently.

“Alright,” Suho backed away. “I’m going to be at the shed over there. Hodong ahjusshi just took out some caramel apples. Who wants some?”

“Me, me!” Baekhyun’s hands shot up immediately. In the end, there’s only Jongin and Chanyeol left. Jongin still haven’t given up jumping yet.

“Can’t you reach it, Jongin?” Chanyeol asked. “You want me to help you?”

“No,” Jongin panted. “I want to reach for that apple myself!”

“Alright then.” Chanyeol stood on his toes, his fingers closing in an apple and picked it easily, thanks to his monstrous height. He bit into the apple as he walked away, leaving Jongin alone. Jongin huffed.

“I will get that apple,” Jongin said to himself. After 10 minutes of jumping and trying, Jongin gave up as he slumped down on the crisp autumn leaves, gasping for air. His face was already red from too much jumping and his legs are sore. Sehun came waddling towards him.

“Hyung,” Sehun said. “Did you get the apple yet?”

“No,” he replied as he closed his eyes, tired. Sehun pouted.

“But I want the apple,” He jutted out his bottom lip as his eyes started to get glassy (spoiled cute idiot =.=’). Jongin’s heart sank at his baby brother’s expression. With determination, he stood up and looked at the apple hanging innocently on the branch.

I know, I’ll climb the tree!

Jongin’s little hands settled around the small tree bark. With a small ‘fighting’ from Sehun, Jongin hoisted himself up on the first branch. But sadly, the branch was too thin to support Jongin’s chubby body, and it snapped, sending Jongin down with a thump. The last thing he heard before blacking out is Sehun yelling to Suho.

”APPA! APPA! JONGINNIE HYUNG!!”

-X-

“And you fell?” Suho asked again as he applied antiseptic on Jongin’s forehead. Jongin nodded. Suho sighed. “You know you shouldn’t climb up trees, Jongin-ah.”

“I know,” Jongin said sadly. “Sorry, Appa.” Suho smiled affectionately before sticking on a Winnie the Pooh plaster on the cut. Suho leaned down and kissed Jongin’s hair.

“It’s okay, as long as you’re safe. You’re lucky Sehun was with you, or the cut would probably be worse.” Suho said. Jongin nodded his head. He climbed the tree because he wanted to reach the apple. He wasn’t as tall as Chanyeol.

“Appa,” Jongin tugged on Suho’s jacket.

“Yes?”

“Why is Chanyeol hyung so tall?” He asked.

“Why, he got it from omma of course,” Suho chuckled. “Your omma was very tall, don’t you know? Taller than appa, really.”

“Oh,” Jongin nodded his head.

But I’m not tall…

-X-

Jongin thought hard in the car, and when they reached the house, he had come to a conclusion. He wasn’t tall like Chanyeol, he can’t sing as well as Baekhyun, his skin isn’t fair as Sehun’s and his eyes are much smaller than Kyungsoo’s. It can only mean one thing:

He was adopted.

At this thought, Jongin suddenly started crying. Suho who was just done locking back the doors whirled around to see his son cry. He bent down and scooped the crying boy in his arms as tried to coo him into calming down.

“Hey Jongin, shh,” Suho rocked Jongin back and forth. “What’s the matter, sweetheart?” Jongin sniffed as tears flowed from his eyes and cascaded down his cheeks.

“I can’t sing like Baekhyun hyung, I am not tall like Chanyeol hyung, I don’t have big eyes like Kyungsoo hyung and my skin is darker than Sehun’s.” Jongin sniffed before continuing. “I am adopted!” Jongin buried his face into Suho’s chest and cried harder.

“Oh, honey…”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Title of MAYBE oncomming Baby EXO Series:

-Amusement Park Adventure

Kris and Suho are taking the kids to the amusement park! But what happens when some runs off, Sehun's head is bleeding and Lay is missing?

-Let's Learn Human Anatomy!

Curious kids curious about everything! Oh, and Chen insisted that he wants to wear a bra.

-History

How Kris and Suho met, and their past lives, know about EXO's mommies!

 

AANNDDD... if you guys don't mind, can you answer this poll? Thanks ^^