Things Between

Between Lucky and Falling

«»

S e c o n d s


Jongin is late. I'm always late anyway, he tells himself, why am I hurrying up again?

Detention Jongin. Detention. He groans.

As cliche as it sounds, someone bump into him.

"Sorry--!" She said and kneels, clumsily gathering her books and a laptop.

Laptop. Jongin convinces himself not to be guilty, It's not like its your fault. "Sorry. I-"

"No. It's alright." Then she walks passed him muttering something like, oh god I'm late that professor will yell at me.

That is when Jongin realizes he should ready himself for a detention.

 



M i n u t e s


Jongin is in line on a fastfood chain because Kyungsoo is being lazy and Baekhyun is being bossy so he's the one to get their order while they wait.

"Good evening sir, may I take your order please?"

He says their orders (he forgots what Kyungsoo said so he ordered him the same as his). He watches as she prepares his order and notices she's a bit stiff and wearing a yellow uniform while everyone else is wearing white. New, his inner self told him.

"Do you need assistance sir? It's two trays."

"No. I'll uh.." He turns to where Kyungsoo and Baekhyun is, lucky enough because Kyungsoo's gaze met his, he waved a hand and Kyungsoo stands up. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Enjoy your meal." and she smiles softly albeit a bit shyly.

Once Jongin is settled on his seat and Kyungsoo is complaning why it's his food, it is when he remembers it was the girl he bumped into yesterday and regrets not looking at her nametag.

 



H o u r s


"Jongin. Jongin!"

"What?!" Sunggyu can be nagging sometimes, or most of the time.

"Open the door. Someone's knocking!"

"Hyung they probably have hands!" He shouted back because he is in his room while his cousin is in the attached space of the house for his small business.

"It's lock! I have to get this thing done by today!"

"Seriously. Ugh." Jongin groans again and pushes himself to open the door which is downstairs and three rooms far from his if he may add.

He opens the door and stop. He squints his eyes looking as if trying to know if the one standing in front of him is real.

"..Hi?" She awkwardly greeted so Jongin mentally scolds himself for doing what he just did.

"Uhm. Hi. Sorry. Come in." Jongin opens the door fully and moves out of the way.

"Thanks."

"Uhm. Sure. Uhm. Have you heard the shoutings?"

"Y-Yeah. But it's alright." then she smiles shyly again.

"So.. you're here because?"

"I need someone to fix my laptop. Eunji unnie said I go here."

The laptop why of course. "Oh. Well.. let's go this way." Jongin, can't you get anymore awkward.

"Jongin, who's that-"

"Oh. Sunggyu oppa."

"Soojung? What are you-"

"Laptop. You think you can fix this now? I really need a file from here and I don't have the copy in my hard disk."

Sunggyu sighs, "I- You got the wrong timing today Soojung-ah. I really have to work on this thing-"

"It's fine hyung I'll do it."

If Sunggyu thinks something's up, he remains to be quite about it. "Thanks baby Jong."

"Ugh hyung I'm going to kick you one day."

Sunggyu just laughs it off and waves them. They settle on the couch not too far from Sunggyu and Soojung handed him her laptop. "I.. drop it one day-"

"-because you bump into someone."

Soojung stares at him and an expression of recognition flashes on her features. "Oh." then the soft smile is there again.

"Sorry about it."

"No. No. It's alright."

"Uhm. Jongin."

"Soojung."

And he wills himself to work on her laptop. Then Jongin realizes he's still in his Krong pyjamas. Jongin hopes Soojung find Krong adorable even if he is a green crocodile.

 



D a y s


Soojung comes knocking again few days later. Jongin was the one to open the door because hey Jongin someone's knocking open the door I'm busy! came from naggy Sunggyu.

Jongin was halfway opening the door when, "Jongin! My sister deleted some important files and- and- and I really need it help me!"

"Hey. Hey calm down I have a software for recovering files."

Soojung sighs in relief then beams at him. "Jongin, you're the best!"

He just laughs it off and ask Soojung to settle on the couch. He thinks it's nice to hear someone saying you are the best, especially from Soojung.

 

 


W e e k s


Jongin is not sure when it started. Soojung drops by once a week (usually at Saturdays) because she needs help for HTML and CSS codes. Jongin doesn't mind. Not at all.

 



M o n t h s


"You're not working anymore?"

"Nope. I only substituted for a week for Sulli because she needs to go to Busan for a project." Soojung answers while grabbing a piece of popcorn.

"How was your project? Did it run?"

Soojung nods and continues munching on a popcorn.

Jongin is pretty sure Soojung is not here for codes tutorial or to get her laptop installed an emulator for the games she wants.

"Really?"

Soojung nods again.

"Then what are you doing here?"

Soojung stops eating and looks at him. "You don't want to?"

"Eh?"

"Fine. I am not going to visit you ever again!"

"Soojung?"

"Kidding." She smiles sheepishly at him and turns back eating.

Jongin stares at her and laughs. He's not sure where things are going. Not sure if it's alright. But Jongin can't bring himself to worry. Not even a little.

 

 


Y e a r s


"Happy birthday Jongin!" His friends greeted him as soon as he enters the house. Sunggyu was the one holding the cake and he's smiling and Jongin can't see his eyes. But he loves his hyung. His hyung who stand as his mom and dad and took care of him when everything came crashing down and drifts away, "Thanks, hyung. You guys.. really. Thanks."

Few laughs and more greetings comes next and then everyone gets hungry and then they ask him to grill the meat outside. Of course, his friends won't celebrate his birthday without asking him to do something for them. Of course. Jongin should have known better (Because really this happens every year, bet it was Chanyeol's idea).

"Need help, Krongin?" Jongin thinks he should be sulking because Soojung just called him Krongin who is green and he's pretty sure his skin color is tan, but then he finds it nice. Soojung calling him in a rather cartoon-ish nickname.

"Yeah. You going to help Krongin?" she laughs a little as he said it and looks at her. She's now wearing a soft and almost shy smile again that Jongin grew accustomed to.

"Sure. It's your birthday anyway." Soojung walks to his side, arms slightly brushing to his.

They grill the meat in silence. Jongin thinks this silence is nice.

When it's about time to go home, Soojung held his hands and places something soft in it then gives him a warm lingering hug. "Happy Birthday Krongin."

When Soojung was gone and all left was the mess from party poopers, glasses and plates needs to be clean and wash and a Sunggyu sleeping on the couch, Jongin looks down at his palm and sees a Krong key chain.

He didn't miss the smile on Soojung's face when she spotted her keychain gift on Jongin's backpack the next day.

 



F o r e v e r


"Daddy!"

"How are you princess?"

"amfine!"

"Where's Mommy?"

"She's cooking dinner ~ !"

Jongin shrugs from his coat and loosens his tie as he leans down to kiss Choa on the forehead. She smiles up to him and continues playing with her dolls and teddy bear.

He walks to the kitchen and smiles as he gives his wife a back hug.

"Tired?" She asked.

He hums and leans on her left shoulder. "Busy day today."

She doesn't answer for awhile, just gave him a small peck on the side of his forehead, "Then Krongin should eat already and go to bed. Right?"

He laughs and raises his head to look at her who is looking at him with the soft smile on her lips. He kisses that smile and called Choa to eat.

That night, Jongin tells Soojung he's too lucky then Soojung tells him maybe fate is just being nice or maybe what they have is what they really deserve.


A/N: You've been warned. ;~;

I'm gonna go hide somewhere where you can't hit me because this is so fail omg whut fluff i don't even know how that fluff thing works omg what have i done. kay. me. now. out. bye. thank you for sparing (wasting?) few minutes with Krystal and Kai. \runsaway