Coffee ~ A Monday Couple One Shot

Coffee ~ A Monday Couple One Shot

 

I had always been a caramel macchiato  kind of guy.
I would never be able to stay fully awake for the entire day if it wasn't for that sweet vanilla syrup, that rich espresso, the light taste of milk and the ever amazing sweetness of the caramel. I had ordered that drink so many times that these days, the baristas automatically know what to serve me the minute I walk through the entrance of the nearby Coffee Shop.

 

That was why they probably seemed confused on why I had pointed my finger towards the signboard next to the cash register, asking for two of their best Americanos. 

 

'I'm sorry but I don't think I heard your order correctly.. Did you say two Americanos?,' asked the employee who was taking down my order. I called him Giraffe No. 2, him being almost as tall as Kwang Soo. He was usually the one who waited on my table and made my drinks so it didn't seem to be much of a surprise to me that he was confused.

 

'Yup. Two. On the go.'  I said as I gave a slight nod.

'Oh, okay. I'll.. I'll be right back!'

 

I moved towards the register, pulling my wallet out of my back pocket and fished out some cash. The barista moved as fast as possible due to the budding line that was behind me and I tapped my fingers on the glass in a random rhythm.

 

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

 

Is he done yet?

 

Tap. Tap.

 

Oh gosh, why does it take so long for an Americano?

 

Tap. Tap. Tap.

 

I don't even like this drink. Gah.

 

Tap. Tap.

 

'Here's your order. That will be 20, 000 Won.'

 

I quickly the cash into the barista's hand and mumbled a soft 'Keep the change' as I turned around and rushed out the door. Filming would start soon and I did not want to get caught in the early morning traffic. Jumping into my car, I put the takeaway cups in the passenger seat, click my safety belt on and sped off to the film site.

 

 


 

 

 

'YAH! LEE KWANG SOO! GIVE ME MY CAP BACK!'  yelled a distinct female voice. 

 

Ah, that giraffe must have stolen her cap yet again.

 

'No Noona! I'm sorry! I'm.. *pant pant* sorry! Please stop hitting me!' 

 

Hahahaha. When will he ever learn not to mess with our Ace?

 

I laugh quietly as I watched the scene before me. It wasn't a rare incident that Kwang Soo always found ways to annoy the members. His favorite was Ji Hyo though. Kwang Soo seemed to find it funny that his noona was always grumpy in the morning and never liked him greeting her with his usual cheerful self. Even I sometimes wonder how he's that happy in the wee hours of the day.

 

I kindly tell Kwang Soo to go get ready for filming and he immediately scampers off. Walking towards Ji Hyo, I hide the coffee cups behind my back in an effort to surprise her. She never had the chance to drink coffee during the morning, considering that she always overslept and didn't have time to make stops for other things. She really looked half dead as I stepped up in front of her.

 

'Ah oppa.. *yawn* Annyeonghasaeyo ~' 

 

'I have a surprise for a special someone here.. I'll give you three chances to guess what it is!'  I said.

 

'Hmm.. Is it, a diamond ring? she asks.

 

'You think oppa has time to go all the way to Macau and get you that diamond?'

 

'Hah! I don't know! Maybe you do?'

 

"Aish.. It's not a diamond. Two more tries Ji Hyo-yah!'  I said with a chuckle.

 

'Hmm.. A kiss?'  she smiles, trying for a second time.

 

"Haha! Wrong again! Wait.. what?'

 

I was shocked.

A.. kiss? Why would she expect a kiss from me? Oh gosh what do I do? What do I say? Oh Ji Hyo, you don' t know how long I've been waiting for you to say that?

No, that seems a little creepy.

 

Oppa has always wanted to taste those lips?

Okay, that's even worse.

 

As I stood there, having an argument with myself in my head, Ji Hyo started chortling loudly.

 

Darn it, she was just joking…

 

'Don't I still get one more try oppa?'  she asked with a shy smile.

 

'Ah.. Yes..'

 

'It's coffee isn't it? My favorite. Americano?'

 

I look down into her eyes and manage a small nod, moving my hands from behind my back, revealing the two takeaway cups. Taking out the cups, I pass one to her and watch as she slowly opens the lid and blows on the drink. She takes a sip and stops for a second or two to let the taste sink in. 

 

'Ah! It's tasty!' 


She smiles as she punches me lightly on the arm and says thank you. I laugh with her as I take a sip from my own cup.

 

Suddenly though, I heard Jae Suk oppa calling out 'Chun Sung Im! Come here for a second please!'. 

Ji Hyo yells a 'I'll be right there!'  before turning around to face me. 

 

As quickly as possible, she stands on her tip toes and gives me a peck on my lips, then proceeding to run off. I stare in shock as I bring my hand up to my face, feeling the slight foam on my lips. 

 

Did she.. just do the Foam Moustache Kiss on me?…

 

Oh my god she did..

 

'YAH SONG JI HYO! WHAT WAS THAT?'  I yelled as I chased after her retreating figure. 

 

If this was what I'd get for just a few minutes of waiting in line at that Coffee Shop. I'd do it everyday. Even if it meant that I'd have to drink this dumb Americano.