Prologue

ღ Little by Little ღ (Hiatus)

  p  r  o  l  o  g  u  ef  o  u  r  y  e  a  r  s   a  g  o

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

* they live in studio apartments. If you don't know what that is, google 'studio apartment' and then I think you'll know what I mean. If you can't google it or just don't want to, I'll describe it for you. It's a big, luxurious apartment and is usually in a big building with lots of levels like a hotel except that they have actual kitchens and stuff whereas hotel rooms are just the bed and bathroom.

8:00 am - Saturday morning

         The warm sunlight on her face told Aeyoung that it was morning. She was about to get out of bed when she noticed something. She realized that she wasn't in her room which means that she couldn't be at home or in her bed. In shock, she quickly got out of bed...or tried to. As she was getting up, arms were wrapped around her waist and kept her from leaving. While trying to unwrap the arms from her body, she saw that she didn't have any clothes on!

"Oh no, what happened last night?" Aeyoung thought to herself panicked. Suddenly, she felt the weight on the bed shift.

"Sehun, stop it" the person next to her groaned. At first, Aeyoung was panicking but she then realized that the voice was familiar to her. She turned around prepared for the worst.

"Luhan?" Aeyoung quietly gasped when she saw the angelic face of her best friend.

"No, no, no. This cannot be happening!" she thought as she quickly unwrapped his arms from her and looked around for her clothes. Now that she knew it was Luhan, she wasn't worried about him waking up since he was a heavy sleeper. After putting all of her clothes back on, she slipped out the door and thanked god that Luhan lived by himself rather than with his parents. 

          She was glad that she only lived next door considering that she didn't feel very presentable at the moment. Once she got to home, she started her daily morning routine. The entire time that she was getting ready, she kept trying to remember what happened that led to last night. She was still thinking as she looked in the mirror to brush her hair. As she was looking at the mirror, she noticed various purple marks along her neck and down to her chest. The first thing that came to her mind was to cover it with make up. Then, she realized something.

"Why can't I own make up like other girls? I just have to love the natural look...and sleep," Aeyoung groaned to herself.

"I don't understand how this happened!" Aeyoung said angrily

"All we did was go to a stupid p-" Aeyoung started to think to herself before it hit her.

"Oh my gosh, we went to a party! That's what happened!" She finally realized. 

          She and Luhan were never strong drinkers in fact, they never drank. Last night at the party, one of their sunbaes wanted to drink with them. Being that it was an upperclassman, they couldn't refuse or it would be considered disrespectful. Since they drove there, Luhan tried to keep Aeyoung sober by helping her with half of whatever she had to drink. Despite getting home safely without breaking any laws, the alcohol must've taken over by the time they got to Luhan's door. Aeyoung decided that since Luhan helped her at the party, the least she could do was help him into bed. She never intended on even touching the bed! The last thing she remembered was Luhan pulling her onto the bed with him.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

2:00 am - Two weeks later

         Aeyoung was restless and continually tossed and turned. She had an uneasy feeling in her stomach and felt nauseous. It wasn't too long before she ran to the bathroom. She was vomitting out a water like substance. For all she knew, it was water. The only thing that made her question that was that this fluid was bitter whereas water had a fresh taste. She hoped that this was just a small fever or cold but, she couldn't risk anything. Graduation was just a two weeks away and she had some major tests coming up. She decided that if this didn't stop in a few days, she would go and see the doctor.

         Three days later, she was still sick. After her trip to the doctor's, she heard something that she never thought about.

"Ms. Seo, I don't know if you'll be happy to hear this considering that you're 17 and your situation but, congratulations. You're two weeks pregnant," Dr. Kim said.   

          Aeyoung was shocked at the news but thanked the doctor and calmly left. She quickly walked down the side on her way back home. 

"Pregnant! I can't be pregnant! Th-This has to be a fever or something! How can I bep-"Aeyoung was thinking to herself before she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bu-"

"Aeyoungie? I thought you went home? Why are you going around and running into people, hmmm?" Luhan joked. Aeyoung looked up.

"Oh, it's just you Luhan. I just...went to the park! I'm kinda in a rush to get back so..." Aeyoung lied.

"Um, okay then. Well, see you later then" Luhan said waving as Aeyoung made her way home again.

"Of course! Luhan! That one night, but it was my first time! How could I already, ugh!" Aeyoung thought on her way home.

"Okay, I can't let him know though. Our friendship would be even more awkward if I was pregnant with his child rather than confessing, right? Yep, okay then. Not telling him. Graduation is only a week and a half away. I can do this!" Aeyoung thought optimistically. Suddenly, as she arrived at her door, Luhan also arrived from the other direction.

"Oh, hey Aeyoung! I figured that you're studying too so we could just study together and hang out a bit," Luhan said cheerfully with a smile on his face.

"Sure!" Aeyoung said, following Luhan inside.

"I hope I can do this," Aeyoung worridly thought to herself as she closed the door.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

6:30 pm - Graduation day

         "Congratulations you two," Luhan's father congratulated Aeyoung and Luhan. They just finished graduating and their party was 8:00. 

"Our babies are all grown up!" Luhan's mother squealed like young schoolgirls.

"Eommonim, we're adults now. We just graduated from highscool," Aeyoung said

"Neither of you can be adults with your baby faces," Luhan's mother said. 

"Okay now, enough chit-chat. Picture time!" Luhan's mother said pulling out the camera. Luhan and Aeyoung took numerous photos that day. Most of them together with just the two of them, others with friends, family, and classmates.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

12:00 am - Graduation party

 

         "All right graduates, this will be the last song of the night," the DJ said through the mike. Luhan grabbed Aeyoung's hand and pulled her out to the school garden.

"May I have this dance?" Luhan asked bowing and holding out his hand.

"And if I refuse?" Aeyoung joked.

"Then this gentleman would be very heart broken" Luhan said. He was quite serious about that but made sure it came off as a joke.

"I don't want to dance with a gentleman. I want to dance with my best friend, Luhan" Aeyoung said jokingly although her words were true.

"Then Luhan you shall have, careful though. No returns" Luhan joked standing up. Luhan wrapped his arms around her waist while Aeyoung wrapped her arms around his neck, and they started to slowly sway side to side.

"I wouldn't for the world,"

"You're lying,"

"Nope, this is the truth"

"I know, me too" Luhan agreed.

"Should I confess now?" Luhan wondered to himself.

"I think now's the right time," Luhan thought.

"Aeyoung, I -"

"Luhan, there's no music. We're just mindlessly swaying" Aeyoung said

"Oh, sorry. Let me take care of that," Luhan said as he pulled out his phone and played some music. He then put the phone back into his suit pocket and started dancing again.

"I like this song, is it a song you wrote?" Aeyoung asked.

"I can't tell her that I wrote it while wondering if I should confess. I can't tell her the title is Should I confess either. Luhan! Why can't you think of a better title!" Luhan thought to himself.

"Uhm, yeah. I wrote it while I was, um, thinking" Luhan answered nervously.

"You have to be thinking to write a song, don't you?" Aeyoung asked

"Er, yeah" Luhan said.

"About before, I wanted to tell you that I-" Luhan started.

"Shhh, Luhan. I just want to enjoy this time with you, who knows. It might be our last. We'll have to say goodbye someday, right?" Aeyoung asked. She knew that she was leaving for the states after this dance. She was packed and ready to leave. Her things were in the trunk of her car and her father was going with her later that day to take her car home.

"No. We'll never say goodbye. I won't at least, will you promise me that you won't either" Luhan asked. Aeyoung was silent while she was debating.

"I promise. I promise that I'll never say goodbye to you, to us" she finally answered. They both stopped dancing and started to hug eachother instead. Aeyoung started crying at the thought of leaving him.

"Why are you crying?" Luhan asked.

"I'm just happy about graduating" Aeyoung lied.

"Aww, you've always been so sensitive" Luhan said hugging Aeyoung tighter.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

2:00 pm - Incheon International Airport

         When Aeyoung was leaving her apartment, it had started to shower. By the time that she arrived at the airport, it was raining heavily but there were no storms or anything. She was informed that her flight may have a short delay.

"Do you have everything?" Aeyoung's father asked.

"Yes appa, don't worry so much about me. You should be more foucused on your health," Aeyoung said

"Aish, always nagging me. You're just like your mother you know?" he asked.

"I know, you're always telling me that" Aeyoung said.

"She would be so proud of you right now," Aeyoung's father said hugging his daughter.

"She is proud appa, proud of me and you. She's watching over us, she can see" Aeyoung said as tears started to form in her eyes.

"What time is your departure now with the rain and all?" her father asked.

"Just 15 minutes. We'll be gone around 2:30" Aeyoung answered.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

2:15 pm - Luhan's house

"Eomma, have you seen Aeyoung?" Luhan asked through the phone.

"Aeyoung? Didn't she tell you?" his mother asked.

"Tell me? Tell me what?" Luhan asked.

"Aish, this girl." his mother said on the other line.

"Eomma. Tell. Me . What?" Luhan said exaggerating every word. He was starting to get a bad feeling and became very serious. He quickly put on his shoes and went to the garage to get his car. 

"Luhan, Aeyoung she" his mother said as her voice cracked

"She what?" Luhan asked as he started his engine.

"She's moving to the states" she finished. Luhan felt his heart stop.

"Where is she?" Luhan asked as calmly as he could.

"Incheon International Airport" 

Luhan hung up the phone and drove out of the garage. 

"How could she not tell me? I though we were clos-" and it hit him.

" I just want to enjoy this time with you, who knows. It might be our last. We'll have to say goodbye someday, right?" 

"We'll never say goodbye. I won't at least, will you promise me that you won't either"

"I promise. I promise that I'll never say goodbye to you, to us"

"Why are you crying?"

"Why am I such an idiot! Why else would she bring that up? I should've asked her about that instead of insisting for her not to tell me!" Luhan angrily thought to himself as he hit the steering wheel with his fist. It was raining, Aeyoung was leaving, and he was stuck at a red light.

"Forget it," Luhan said as he pulled over and parked by the curb. He locked the car and took off running to the airport in the pouring rain.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

2:25 pm - Incheon International Airport

"All passengers for flight number 11, please be prepared to board your flight. Five minutes until boarding. Flight number 11, five minutes until boarding." a voice on the intercom spoke.

"Almost time to go," Aeyoung said turning to the entrance of the airport.

"What are you looking for, or rather, who are you looking for?" Aeyoung's father asked.

"Oh, um nothing. Just needed to stretch my neck. Hehe, hope I don't get too jet lagged" Aeyoung chuckled as she covered for herself.

"What am I waiting for? For Luhan to burst through those doors and confess to me? I'll admit, I've watched way too many dramas for my own good" Aeyoung thought to herself shaking her head.

"Something wrong?" her father asked.

"No, just tired" Aeyoung smiled.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

2:27 pm - Incheon International Airport

            Luhan looked at the flight board and singled out the U.S. flights. After finding all the flight, he looked for the ones with departure times near now. There were a couple of possible one ones. Then he realized something.

"Oh crap, I don't even know what state she's going to!" Luhan thought before pulling out his phone.

"Yoboseyo?" his mother answered

"Eomma, where is Aeyoung going?"

"I told you she's headed for the sta-"

"No, not that. Where as in what state?" he explained

"Oh, that. I believe it was...Massachusetts! Boston, Massachusetts." Luhan's mother said. Luhan hung up the phone and looked for Massachusetts on the board. 

"There it is! Flight #11. Boston, Massachusetts departure time 2:30 pm" Luhan though as he found it on the board. Luhan checked his watch.

"2:28 pm, I've only got two minutes" Luhan thought as he started scouring the crowd for Aeyoung. She was tall for a Korean girl standing at 168 cm. Despite his looking, he couldn't find her. Suddenly, he saw something from the corner of his eyes. 

"It's her!" Luhan thought.

"Aeyoung! Aeyoung-ah!" He shouted as he made his way towards her. He got attention from the other passengers waiting for their flight, but she didn't even lift her head.

As he got closer, he looked up and noticed something. This was the boarding for flight number 6! Luhan turned around and looked for her again as he made his way through the crowd.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

2:30 pm - Incheon International Airport

            Aeyoung looked at her wrist watch. 2:30. It was time for her to go. She stood up from her seat and grabbed her carry-ons. Her father stood up as he noticed her standing.

"Time for me to go, appa" Aeyoung said.

"Alright, and you don't have to tell me again. I know," he said

"Make sure you take care of yourself, okay?" Aeyoung nagged 

"I will, I promise" he said smiling.

"...promise me..."

" I promise,"

Those words rang through her mind.

"Aeyoung?Aeyoung. Aeyoung," he father's voice broke her trance.

"Ah, yes?" she answered

"You should go now, it's 2:32. I'd love for you to stay, but I know you need to go" he said sadly.

"Awww, appa" Aeyoung said as she went to give her father a hug.

"Alright, alright. Now, go" he said as they released eachother from the hug.

"Byebye appa, take care!" Aeyoung said as she walked off to her flight.

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

2:35 pm - Incheon International Airport

            Luhan's eyes widened and a smile grew on his face as he saw a familiar face. Not too far away, Aeyoung's father stood by one of the flight entrances. To be more specific, flight number 11.

"Mr. Seo!" Luhan shouted, waving as he made his way over to Mr. Seo.

"Oh, Luhan! Are you going somewhere too? Where's your luggage? and why are you dripping wet?" Mr. Seo asked.

"Nope, but I have a question. Where is Aeyoung? I need to talk to her," Luhan said shaking his head.

"Aeyoung?" Mr. Seo asked.

"Yes, I need to talk to Aeyoung" Luhan said nodding.

"She-She's already boarded the plane, I'm sorry Luhan" Mr. Seo said as his face dropped.

"No, I- I've already gotten so far, I-I have to tell her! I have to-" Luhan got an idea. He started walking into the entrance zone before he was stopped by guards.

"Sir, we're sorry. This flight is has just left the airport,it's flying in the air now" one of the guards explained. Luhan felt his heart drop, and he dropped onto his knees with it and started tearing up. Mr. Seo saw Luhan and walked over to comfort him.

"Luhan, it's okay" Mr. Seo said.

"No, i-it's not. I never told her, I should've done it last night but..." Luhan drifted off

"You never told her what?" Mr. Seo asked. He had a feeling, but he wanted to hear it for himself.

"I never told her..."Luhan started as his vision got blurry.

"I took our time together for granted, and I never told her everything that I should've told her. That she makes everyday worth living. That she's my soulmate. That she's my true love, and- and that" he started to choke up.

"I love her" he said as a tear made it's way down his face. The tear traveld down his cheek and dropped onto the tiled floor. And with it, Luhan collapsed onto the floor unconscious. 

(  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  ) 

A/N

I'll be honest. I teared up while writing this. I decided to make a fic featuring my second ultimate bias, Luhan! I though I was just going to write a sad prolouge that'll explain what happend, but I ended up tearing up and writing what could be considered a one-shot. Oh, the joys of writing fanfiction. Until next time!

-xoxo