02

Trapped

 

Sumin

 

I sit up in my bed, my head pounding more now than ever. I looked at my room, which had been cleaned up, everything put back into the drawer. I'm a bit dazed still, but I see a black leather jacket, hung on my bed frame. 

 

"Myungsoo?" I say loudly, trying to gather up the energy to get out of bed. 

 

"Ani, stay still, your head will hurt more if you keep moving." He said, coming into the room with a glass of water.

 

Kim Myungsoo, one of the most important people in my life. My best, and only friend. He's a kingka, which still sometimes winders me why he became friends with a wallflower like me. But I'm so blessed that he did. 

 

"You came?" I whisper lightly, taking the glass from him, and gulping it down. 

 

"Turn on your phone, pabo." He said, grabbing my pink galaxy and turning it on. "27 missed calls from me you know." I chuckle, setting the glass on the nightstand. "Mianhae, I was thinking." I say, my lips pursed while looking down. 

 

"Sumin, you can't keep doing this to yourself." 

 

He sat down on the bed, reaching for my forehead to feel the temperature. "Myungsoo, I'm fine, you should go home, it's 4 in the morning." It touched my heart that whenever I was in trouble, he was there, but now I'm just dragging him down. 

 

"We have school tomorrow too, go home," I tell him again, trying to push myself up from the bed so I can walk him to the door. "I know that when I leave, your just going to start over-thinking again." 

 

That stopped me in my track. He did know, in fact, he knew everything about me. 

 

"You'll sit in your bed, crying over Byunghun again. You'll blame everything on yourself, everything in this room reminding you of him." 

 

His words got to me, tingling my nose, making my tear ducts start to brim. 

 

"You didn't cause anything, it was out of anyone's hands." He had gotten up, and grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug. "Your my happy virus, remember that?" The 10 year old girl that became friends with the geek when no one else did." He said as he stoked my back, while my tears soaked up his T-shirt. 

 

"The girl who held my hand at my mom's funeral. The girl who comforted me for 40 days and 40 nights. My bestfriend." 

 

I turned my head, resting it on his shoulder, so I could speak. "And now, it seems like the roles have reversed. But really, go home Kim Myungsoo." 

 

"Ani, it's sleepover night didn't you know?" He said, with a happy tone, rolling over in my bed, and hugging a pillow. He didn't trust me to be alone now, I knew it.

 

"We have school tomorrow, sleepover night my ." I say, my left foot on the ground, sitting on the bed with my right leg up. 

 

"We can go tomorrow, these clothes don't smell." He said, picking up the neckline of his shirt and sniffing it.

 

"Did you forget that your Soojung will skin you if you miss another day of walking her?" I say, punching him with my pink pillow. 

 

"Ah, she'll understand." He didn't say anymore words, just closing his eyes, and hugging my pillow, pretending to be asleep. 

 

I chuckle, giving up, since obviously he wasn't going to leave. Byunghun used to sleepover, the nights when I heard mysterious noises coming from the kitchen. I shake off those memories, trying not to thick about them with Myungsoo her. I get up, turning off the light. 

 

"Yah, scoot over pabo." I command him, pushing his body to the other side of the bed, then laying in it myself. I close my eyes yet again, hoping to sleep but not dream. 

 

Myungsoo

 

I laid quietly, looking at her, hanging onto my arms. She was talking in her sleep. 

 

"Byunghun-ah, ani, hajima, please please don't leave me." Looking at her made me die on the inside, as the light from the window traced her frantic features. She was frowning in her sleep, probably from another nightmare. I pulled her blanket up, letting her hug my arm, which in her mind, was Byunghun's arms. 

 

"I, love you." she said in her sleep, making me feel hollow on the inside. She was saying that to Byunghun, even if he was the cause of her nightmare. 

 

4 years of knowing her, I never made a move. But heck, I was head over heels for her the first year. I had three whole years, to confess my feelings before the new transfer student came to the school. But no, I was afraid that she didn't return the feelings, so I kept my feelings hidden, and locked away in some barren section of my heart. 

 

The transfer student swept her off her feet, making her fall in love. I didn't even know if I was friendzoned or not, but it was too late anyways.

 

Kim Myungsoo, you have a girlfriend now, why are you still thinking these thoughts. 

 

Mom probably would scold me for not making her my girlfriend. She loved her the first day she came over. Every night, I remember her nagging voice, telling me to ask Sumin out. Sorry mom, I'm too late. 

 

Sumin

 

I open my eyes, and see Byunghun laying next to me on the bed. "Good sleep princess?" He asked, his eye smiles shining through. "Oppa, I miss you." It was so more than missing him though, I longed to see him again. 

 

"I miss you too babe. It's lonely up there." He said, pointing at the ceiling with his index finger. "And heaven didn't even make me any taller, damn it." He joked, laughing and causing me to laugh too.

 

"It's even more cold and lifeless down here, oppa." My breath started dying, just looking at his perfect face.

 

"I never left you, you know that right?" His eyebrow raised, as he picked up my hand, and held it tightly with his. "I'm right here." He poked at my ribcage, trying to say he was in my heart. 

 

"Well come out from there, and keep me company idiot." I say, gripping his hand also. It was the first time I had heard his voice since the funeral.

 

"I have someone watching you over you, and right now, I hope he's doing a good job." 

 

"And who would that be yeobo, all your friends hate me." I say, letting out a breath. 

 

"Myungsoo. So listen to what he says arasso? And don't worry, we'll see each other again. In another life, or way, I know that you'll be with me forever." 

 

"Can't I just be with you now?"

 

"Yah, Eun Sumin, if you even think of doing that, I'll be unhappy even in my coffin. You have to live for me arachi? So on those nights when the big house gets lonely, my soul can find you down here. Got it?" 

 

"Promise me you'll visit me often?" I say, my eyes locked with his.

 

"Well some nights, I might have to visit Myungsoo, and scare some sense into him about keeping you safe." 

 

We both break into a laugh, as I rest my head on his shoulder. 

 

"I have to leave now, angel."

 

He gets up, my head falling against the mattress. "Please stay." 

 

"Ani, I need to visit my mom, she's been crying a lot lately. I'll come back as soon as I can arasso?" He said, winking, as he leaned over and gave me a kiss on the lips. "I love you Eun Sumin." 

 

"I love you too," I say softly, as his image fades away.