Moved On

It Has Always Been You

“What do you think we’ll do today?”

Mirai glanced at Suzuka. It was 2 in the afternoon, they had activity period. The activity period was implemented during their first year, proving that they didn’t just study all day. But if you would ask Mirai, she wished they got rid of activity period. Instead of three in the afternoon, they could go home at exactly 2:00 and she would be able to rest.

“Maybe election, we didn’t get a chance to do so in homeroom a while ago.”

“Class, we will have election…”

Suzuka turned to her friend. “Wow Mirai, you amaze me.”

Mirai only laughed before she and Suzuka sat down and Yamaa-san started the election.

“Class, no fooling around alright. Whoever you think should be the rightful class representative, nominate them.”

Yamaa-san wasn’t even finished with her sentence when Asami’s hand shot straight through the air.

“Sensei, I nominate Takeuchi Toshi for president.”

Everyone looked to their classmate. Toshi then blushed then flirtily smiled at them. Toshi is openly gay and everyone knew so ever since they were in the third grade.

“Oh I accept the nomination sensei.” Toshi said sassily which earned a laugh from everyone.

Yamaa-san smiled. “Alright, are there any other nominations?”

Their nominations for officers went continuously. Mirai was feeling great. Ever since they were in the first year, she always had a class position but now it seemed like she wouldn’t have one and she was ecstatic with that.

“Next, nomination of discipline representative…” Toshi announced. Since he won president, he officiated the whole election.

Mirai was playing candy crush when she shot up at what she heard.

“Toshi, I nominate Mirai for female discipline representative.”

Mirai’s eyes widened when she saw Saaya’s hand shoot straight up into the air.

“Ha?!”

“Okay, another nomination please?” Toshi said sweetly.

“I nominate Asama!” Mirai said quickly. Oh man she really didn’t want a position right now.

“Oi! Vote for Mirai not me!” Asami said.

But in the end the one who won was….

“Come on… why me?” Mirai breathed. When they were in their second year, she was also the discipline representative.

“Okay! Who’ll be our male discipline representative?” Toshi said as their secretary Mariya wrote on the board.

“I nominate Ryosuke!” All turned to Yuuri. He rarely talked.

If looks could kill, Yuuri would be having a heart attack right now. Mirai looked at Yuuri sharply but the latter acted as if nothing was happening and watched as Mariya wrote Ryosuke’s name on the blackboard.

It was obvious that Ryosuke wasn’t up for it either but he stayed sitting quietly on his chair.

“Other nominations?”

“Nominate me but vote for Ryosuke!” Yuto yelled.

Mirai would really love to bonk her friends’ heads. Darn it. She and Ryosuke were getting picked on.

“I’ll vote for Ryosuke because he’s cute!” Toshi said.

Yamaa-san shook her head and was clearly amused with what was happening. As fate would have it, Ryosuke won.

Deep down inside, Mirai was gtting annoyed. This was deliberate!

“Our discipline representatives are Mirai and Ryosuke.” Yamaa-san said with a smile.

Mirai continued to gaze at her table. She didn’t want to be too obvious so she lifted her head and made it look like she was alright.

“Speech!” Their other classmates yelled. But for this moment, Mirai was speechless.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

“You know Mirai, it looks like you and Ryosuke are fated.” Toshi told Mirai as she sat down beside the girl.

“Ha? What do you mean?” Mirai asked. She looked at her friend and saw that he was holding Yamaa-san’s record.

“I should type all of your names and print them.” Toshi explained. He moved closer to mirai and showed the record. “Look, you and Ryosuke are both Girl 5 and Boy 5.”

He was right..

But Mirai only laughed. “We just have the same class number and we’re already destined?”

“It is when everyone wants you two to be!” Toshi reasoned out. “All moments, no matter how small they are, we’ll notice anything.” He left, giving a last smile.

Mirai shook her head. She headed to the rest rooms. With a push, she stood up from the chair. Toshi and Yamaa-san were both busy since they were . The whole class was in chaos too, everyone was doing something

When Mirai exited the classroom, she saw their classmate Mariya and her gang.

“Hi Mirai!” Mariya greeted.Mariya’s friends also waved and she returned the gesture. She continued walking when she heard Mariya and her friends talking.

“Airi, he’s so handsome! In my years here, it’s the first time I’ve seen someone as cool as him.”

Mirai’s ears perked up at that. Who were they talking about?

“What was his name again?” Mariya uttered. “Ah! Ryosuke right?”

Mirai laughed. So it was Ryosuke they were talking about. She walked in a straight line until she reached the restroom. Mariya was a new student when they were in their second year, that’s why she just knew Ryosuke. Yes, she admitted that Ryosuke really was handsome. He was also smart, plus, he had this cool and stoic manner to him which added to his appeal.

She only combed her hair and checked her appearance before returning to the classroom. She guessed they’d be dismissed in a little while.

When she entered, what she first saw was Mariya and her friends playing Truth or Dare with Ryosuke.She saw that Suzuka was also looking at her when she entered. She headed straight for her friends who were exchanging stories.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

Umika only shrugged. “Nandemonai, just telling stories, I hope we get dismissed.” She then turned to Mariya and back to Mirai. “Do you know that Mariya has a crush on Ryosuke?”

“Ah hai.” Mirai answered laughingly. “I heard her telling her friends about it when I went outside.”

“Huh, as if he’d like her…” Umika said snobbily .

“O, what’s wrong with her liking him?” Mirai asked.

By this time Suzuka and Umika looked at each other. The former spoke up. “Ne, Mirai, stop pretending, if I know, you’re jealous.”

“Ha? Me jealous? That was a long time ago! And I’ve already moved on from Ryosuke.” Mirai answered. But then again, what she said tasted bitter on but she didn’t let anyone notice that. She changed the subject and asked Suzuka and Umika about their summers.

When dismissal came, they all stood up, fixed their things then went out of the classroom. The school was really big, they had a long walk back to the entrance.

“Alright Mirai, we’ll head here.” Suzuka bid goodbye. Suzuka and Umika’s homes were at the left side while Mirai’s was at the right side.

She also bid goodbye and carrying her bag, walked on home.

She stopped mid-way and decided to get some jucie from a nearby conbini. But when she turned around, she saw Ryosuke

“Uy, hi Mirai.” Ryosuke greeted. Mirai remembered that they lived in the same neighborhood. “Heading on home?”

“Ah… I was going to buy some juice.” Mirai answered.

“I’ll go with you, I’m feeling pretty thirsty too.”

Well Mirai couldn’t stop him so she just nodded her head.

 “How was the first day?” Ryosuke asked, breaking the silence as they walked.

Mirai only smiled. “Well, pretty ticked off that I got a position. I don’t want to be a discipline representative.”

“Me too.” Ryosuke laughed. “I just remembered we’re the partners for that huh?”

Yes don’t remind me. Before Mirai could answer, they reached the small conbini just at a corner. They both bought juice boxed. They were about to head back when someone called Ryosuke.

“Ryosuke!”

It was Mariya.

The girl moved closer and Ryosuke nodded his head at her. “Hi.”

“Want takoyaki? There’s a nearby cart that sells the best takoyaki!”

Ryosuke turned to Mirai. “Would you like to come with us Mirai?” Mariya asked when she saw what Ryosuke did.

“Nah, it’s alright, I better be heading home.” Mirai smiled. “I’ll leave you two be. Bye Ryosuke, Bye Mariya.”

Ryosuke could say no more since Mirai had already turned her back on them.

Repeatedly, Mirai told herself; You’ve moved on Mirai come on.

==================================================================================================================

AN: Hope youliked this chap! Not much happened but I'm building this up :D please comment XD Thank you to all!

Wallfllower : Thank you! I hope you like tyhe rest of the story XD 

Dr4g0n0m : Hi XD Thanks for commenting! hope you like the new chapter :)