Happy Together

A Look Into Their World

Hyomin smiled as the new set of Invincible Youth came into veiw. She was ecstatic when she got the call to be invited to appear for an episode. Sure she watched all the new episodes but she wanted to be there again. To relive the days with Narsha, Sunhwa, Hyuna, Hara, Yuri and Sunny. Even though it was only one person who she wanted to reconnect with. To share bad jokes and pictures with. To tell stories to and brag to.

Hyomin wanted to tell her about her signing onto a new drama. To share with her the fact that she got tickets to one of her Catch Me if You Can stages. Hyomin couldn't help but laugh at their friendship. Invincible Youth brought them together, she would have never imagined that their friendship would blossom so much. That they went from castmates to best friends. How she used to follow Sunny and playfully 'take' her screentime. How she 'trained' Sunny to feel some sort of emptiness when she wasn't around. Hyomin secretly hoped it was still like that since they couldn't see each other as often as before.

"Sunny-ah, I was worried you were too busy for me." She told herself. There was no bitter thoughts, she said this was a touch of sadness but full of pride. She missed the connection the two of them had when the show aired, when where if one thought of Sunny they auto thought of Hyomin. And vise versa. When they could meet every week without worry of some event seperating them. "I see them!" Hyomin said happily, pointing to the new G5 through the van's window. Not able to keep still any longer she asked her manager to park so she could get a better look at them. "Sunhwa-ah" She yelled, jogging her way through the light drizzle to her former castmate. Sunhwa spotted her smiled brightly. "Hyomin!" She greeted, hugging her quickly. "I feel so old being here, everything looks so new and bright." Hyomin said jokingly.

Sunhwa agreed, laughing at how they were no longer rookies. "Where is Sunny?" Hyomin asked, looking at the new cast not seeing the signature blonde haired girl. Sunhwa shrugged causing her to pout. "There there. Your Sunny will show up soon." Sunhwa said, petting Hyomin. The PD cued that it was time for them to join the cast. Hyomin wanted to sit and wait for Sunny, but she jogged with Sunhwa. Screaming hellos and waving to the camera. When Shinyoung called them by their old nicknames they laughed along then reminded her they grew up since then. "Where is Sunny-ah?" She asked Boom. He told her that Sunny and Hyoyeon would be late for the taping today. Hyomin felt crushed by this news. Sunny was the main reason why she wanted to appear today. 

'My friend is missing.' Hyomim said to herself as she tried not to show too much of her disappointment on camera. Filming started and it was going well til their break. Hyomin enjoyed the new girls and felt almost at as if she was back on the first season, picking vegetables for dinner for the cast. But she missed her other half, how Sunny would help her or correct her errors. "Aw, she is still upset Sunny hasn't showed up yet." Shinyoung said, sitting next to the pouting Hyomin. "Unnie, my Sunny-ah is late when I came for her. I have to find her and remind her of our bond." She said, then vowed to come back on the show if Sunny doesn't appear. She was already working on a plan when she heard a voice shout her old nickname. "Aigoo." A famliar voice yelled, louder. Like a puppy being called by its master, Hyomin jogged to the sound of the voice. "Sunny-ah!" She shouted, when she saw her Hyomin smiled and tried to run faster.

Sadly she forgot she was a clumsy runner and tripped into the mud. Sunny ran up to her, ready to help the dirtied idol. "You are still so clumsy after so long?" She laughed, helping Hyomin stand. Hyomin giggled shyly and embraced the smaller female. "Sunny-ah, I missed you. You never joined twitter for me and you are too busy to text me as much as I want. I miss talking to you too. Did you dye your hair darker?" Hyomin rambled as Sunny dusted the dirt off of her. "You act like you are five but you are really just fifteen days younger than me. Is the age you have on file real?" Sunny said, smiling at Hyomin's playful grin. "Come on, let me reunite you with Greeny quickly before filming resumes. " Sunny said, to the now cheery female. The staff and other IY2 cast were amazed by the effect of Sunny.

Not even five minutes ago Hyomin seemed to be on a half empty battery but now she was fully recharged. "Those two are still the same." Shinyoung said to Hyoyeon and Sunhwa. "It is like they are programmed to be next to each other anytime they are in the same area." Sunhwa said, watching Hyomin try to feed Greeny some grass. "Remember when she was jealous of Greeny and was upset Sunny spent more time with her?" Shinyoung asked bringing laughter to the staff who were a part of season one. "Or when she had a dance battle with Sunny's fanboy for the right to hug her?" Sunhwa added bring more laughs.

---

"Sunny-ah, did you see my tweet?" Hyomin asked Sunny. The older female shook her head, trying not to laugh at the dissapointed face Hyomin had. "Then I have to try harder to regain your attention." Hyomin muttered darkly. Sunny was reminded of when Hyomin said the same words everytime Hyuna and her was put into a group. "You are so obsessed." Sunny said, Hyomin shurgged not seeing anything wrong with that. "Why are you so attacthed to me anyway?" She asked the younger female. Hyomin thought to herself, twisting the grass in her hands as she formed a thought.

"Because Sunny is my sun." She answered. Sunny raised a brow then asked her to continue. "You are bright and make everything seem nicer, happier." Hyomin explained and lifted two fingers. "And I am the moon. I need your light to shine for others to see me as well. But now that I gained enough of your light I can shine on my own. I am just as bright as you now." Hyomin finished, proud of her explination. When Sunny laughed she slapped her shoulder and told her not to laugh at her declaration love. "Hyomin, I think there is something wrong with your science skills." Sunny said, laughing louder at Hyomin's confused face. "Sunny-ah, you are too mean now. I no longer need you anyway." Hyomin said and started to walk away.

When she walked a few feet away she stopped to look over her shoulder. To see if Sunny was following her. "Why are you not following?" She yelled, stomping her foot. "You missed me, You should come to my side!" Sunny yelled back. The two smiled at each other as they continued yelling reasons for the other to join their side. "Fine. Don't be by my side at all when the cameras come back on." Sunny shouted, laying the finishing move. This got Hyomin running to her side. "You aren't allowed to leave my side." Sunny said, lightly patting Hyomin's forhead. "Arrasso?" Hyomin nodded happily, feeling oddly at home by her words. "See you just can't go a minute without me." Hyomin said cooly, making Sunny laugh at how she tried to make it seem she had it all planned out.

-----

"Aish, watching those two gives goosebumps." Shinyoung said. Her and the others watched the scene the two were having. To those not used to seeing them together they seemed like a reunited couple rather than old friends. Looking around she noticed the PD smiling and shaking his head. "Why did you book Hyomin today?" She asked him, she knew the idea of inviting the older cast back was thrown in the air but she figured Hyuna or Hara would have been picked first. "Oh, Sunny said this would make her happy since she has been tweeting about wanting to appear for three months now. And that fans would like to see the return of 'Sunbyung'. " He answered.

Shinyoung shook her head. "Those two are the oddest pair. I can't tell who is really in control of who." She said as the two walked back with them. "Hyomin who do you love more, Sunny or Fashion?" Shinyoung yelled. "SUNNY!" Hyomin answered proudly, hugging said girl's arm and not letting her go. Even though the PD had to remind her they needed to react their reunion for the show.

"Sunny-ah, Don't forget. I have to be by your side forever from now on." Hyomin said after the PD instructed Sunny to join Hyoyeon across the set. "Arrasso." Sunny said waving her off, forcing herself not to look at the giddy Hyomin because she knew she would just laugh right then and there. "Some people never change." She told Hyoyeon, happy that the phrase seemed more true now more than ever.