| Obsessed

Wrong

It was your one month anniversary and you planned to meet Woohyun at your apartment after his performance on a music show. You decorated your apartment with hearts and balloons and awaited the arrival of your boyfriend, Woohyun. It was always a gift to see him; he brought light into your life and made you feel so special. You fixed your once again and anticipated his arrival in the living room.

Suddenly you heard your front door unlock and then Woohyun entered your apartment, but with a look fear. He had bruises on his arms and a small scratch underneath his eye. His usual playful smile was gone, which worried you.

Did something go wrong at the recording?

 You dropped everything and rushed over to his side.

“What happened,” you demanded.

Woohyun looked up at you dazed, not realizing where he was and then smiled tiredly. “Oh Noona. What is it?”

“What happened, Woohyun?”

Woohyun looked at the bruises on his arms and shrugged. “It was nothing.” His voice sounded very calm and his eyes were blank; void of any emotions like he was trying to hide something and his emotions would deceive him. He cleared his throat and walked past you into the kitchen.

“Uh… Woohyun.” You followed close behind him. “Those bruises and scratches don’t look like nothing, what happened?”

Woohyun looked down at the ground, avoiding your eyes for a while and fidgeted with the bottle he got out of the refrigerator. He bit down on his bottom lip, trying to hold back the tears that seemed to well up in his eyes. “It was nothing.”

Your heart squeezed in pain. “Woohyun. It’s killing me to see you like this. Please tell me what’s wrong.”

A deep sigh came from Woohyun. Once he spoke his voice was hoarse. “We were going to a show and there were fans everywhere as usual. It was fine at first, we said hello and accepted the gifts that were given to us, but then, out of nowhere, I was hit in the back of the head with something kind of hard. I looked behind me and saw a fan wave quickly at me with a huge smile on her face. I assumed that the thing she hit me with was just an accident, so I smiled back to her and waved. Everything was normal for a while, but then I felt this hard pinch on my back. I didn’t see who it was, but I knew that it wasn’t an accident. They aimed to hurt me. I began feeling panicked and told the manager-hyung to hurry up because I no longer felt safe.”

Woohyun breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm himself. You grabbed his hand and squeezed it reassuringly. He continued with a shaky voice, “As me and manager-hyung rushed through the crowd I felt another girl punch me on my arm and another punch me on my other arm and then a scratch on my cheek and then hair pulling and it just kept going, like they were trying to tear me apart. It was horrible. It felt like all of the fans were my enemies and I had to get to the building, but it seemed like it just kept getting farther and farther away. And the members all seemed to disappear, even the manager-hyung. It was just me and these girls who were out to harm me.”

He appeared to be shaking as he continued to tell you his story. “I didn’t show them that I was affected though because I didn’t want to cause a scene, but… why do they do this? I thought we were rid of these types of fans ever since that incident a couple years ago with the fan that broke into our dorm and pinched and harassed us while we slept. I’m sure the girl who pinched me was the same who did it all those years ago. I just. I don’t know what to do. I felt trapped. I had to get out. I was scared and now I’m scared they’ll come after you once they find out about us. And I don’t want them to hurt you. You’re just so important to me and if anything happened to me I don’t know what I’d do—”

Woohyun’s voice broke and his head fell into his hands; he began to weep. You wanted to tell him something comforting, but wasn’t sure what to say. You could reassure him and tell him that nothing will happen to you, but those fans were so unpredictable. Wouldn’t it be best to break-up in order to ease his mind a little? You could tell how worried he was when you went out on dates. How he would always look over his shoulder or try to cover your face when in an open space. Woohyun was constantly worried about your safety because of these fans.

You shook your head feeling appalled at what these fans did to him. He would never have a normal relationship or life until they stopped. You held back the tears that began welling up in your eyes and hugged Woohyun; trying to make him feel safe once again.