Still Into You

Kids In Love

 

Still Into You

(Song by Paramore)

 

It was an ordinary day at the dorm. We we’re still promoting ‘Rum Pum Pum’ all while learning the new choreography for our second ‘surprise’ comeback of the year. Today was one of those rare ‘rest days’ they give us during the season of promotions. We were all tired, but this is what we love to do and with all the support we get from fans, our will and energy to work just strengthens.

I woke up alone at the dorm. I didn’t have plans with my friends outside of SM entertainment. So I decided to just watch some TV. I saw the note Vic, Sulli and Luna pinned at the refrigerator door. It said that they would be home by lunch time. It was nearing lunch anyway so might as well wait for them. Knowing them they would never come back to the dorm without food or some take-out in their hands.  

I didn’t find anything which interested me so I just left it at some music channel. I was about to doze off when I felt the other side of the couch moving.

You were holding a bowl, which from my guess is my cereal (since I was the only one at the dorm who ate them) and some non-fat milk.

You offered me some, but I just nodded my head sideways indicating I didn’t want any. I’m reserving my stomach for what the other three were bringing and from my guess it would definitely be a lot of food. Knowing that you were here would mean and increase in our food consumption.

It’s funny how most people think you barely eat when in reality you’re one of the shikshins of our group along with Jie (Vic); it’s what you guys have in common. I guess you’re one of those lucky ones (like Soo and Yoona-unnie) that never get fat no matter how much they eat.

I was about to doze off again when I suddenly felt contact on my right arm. You were already seated beside me, coming from the other side of the couch. I smiled at what you did.

Can't count the years on one hand
That we've been together
I need the other one to hold you.

You woke me up from my desire to sleep. Now my heart is pounding like crazy of having you this near to me.

Make you feel, make you feel better.
It's not a walk in the park
To love each other.

I tried to focus my attention back to the show we were watching. Surprisingly, it was us; our ‘Airplane’ performance to be exact. The next thing I know, I felt your left hand around my right arm. Your fingers made their way from my upper arm to my fingers intertwining them with yours. Again, I couldn’t help but smile.

But when our fingers interlock,
Can't deny, can't deny you're worth it

After a few seconds, your head was now resting on my shoulder, with your grip on my hand tightening before you let out a yawn. Cute.

Cause after all this time.
I'm still into you

I couldn’t help myself so I placed a kiss at the side of your head. This made you move from my shoulder to snuggling into my neck. I removed my arm that used to be intertwined with your left your hand, I only did it so I could place it behind your waist. After that, I felt you giving me a kiss under the side of my jaw.

I should be over all the butterflies
But i'm into you (I'm in to you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)

“Am?”, I heard you say. But I only hummed in response.

“You should sing more.”, you followed.

Your left hand made its way to mine, you kept playing with it while waiting for me to answer. You were used it- my slow responses, because you knew perfectly well how flustered I get every time you’re near me.

Right before I was able to drown myself back to you I gave out an answer, “You know I have no control over that. It depends (on what the PDs think).”

I heard you sigh in response.

“Why?”, I had to ask.

“’Cause I love hearing your voice.”

Let em wonder how we got this far
Cause I don't really need to wonder at all

So there it goes again- the butterflies in my stomach.
 

Yeah after all this time
I'm still into you

 

I let out a huge breath of air right before I lowered my head to see yours. I didn’t get to because you face was still placed on the bottom of my jaw. So I just settled for a kiss on the top of your head once again.

But, as if you read my mind, you removed your head from its position and met mine. You closed your eyes right after meeting mine. Good thing for me because I could stare at them for days and just get lost in them.

But right after my lips met yours, I realized I could still get lost in you without having to look into your eyes.

Recount the night that I first
Met your mother

FLASHBACK:

“Krystal, this is my Dad.”

“Wow, you look even better in person. You’re gorgeous!”

“Dad.”, I gave him a punched feeling very embarrassed.


And on the drive back to my house
I told you that, I told you that I loved ya.

“You’re Dad’s cool. And funny too.”

“I know. He’s embarrassing.”

“Anniyo…”, you defended.

“Did you actually believe what he said?”

“About what?”

“Nothing.”

“Amber! About what?”, you said, as you kept shaking me. I knew you weren’t just gonna let this drop.

“About you being gorgeous.”, I giggled. But you pouted in response.

“He was just being nice! Is it so bad for him to give me a complement?!”, I knew from the way you raised your voice that you were past our jokes. You were starting to get mad or you already were.

“You know it’s a lie right?”, I was unsure of what facial expression to give you, but I still ended up with a smirk to continue with the teasing.

But you were already taking it seriously to the point that you were already offended. So you just chose to walk out and ignore me.

I grabbed your hand right when you were about to walk out of my room.

“It was a lie, because you’re… you’re more than that.”

END OF FLASHBACK.


You felt the weight of the world
Fall off your shoulder
And to your favorite song
We sang along to the start of forever

You started to treat me differently after that as I did too. You became colder; it was like you became uncomfortable with me. But all that changed after I came back from my injury.

I don’t know what happened that got us here.

To be honest it doesn’t matter for me anymore. As long as it lead us to this, to where we are right now.

And after all this time.
I'm still into you

It’s been so long but this feeling still feels new; like it never gets old.

I should be over all the butterflies
But i'm into you (I'm in to you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)

Everything became quiet after a while and I realized we both fell asleep. We still had practice tomorrow so I lifted you up and carried you back to Sulli’s room. You said something gibberish as I went around the corner of the dorm hallway.

“What?”, I asked.

“Take me to your room.”

As you wish princess.”


Let em wonder how we got this far
Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah after all this time
I'm still into you

After I placed you down, you gave me a tight hug and I gave you a soft kiss on your lips. I’m sorry I couldn’t help it.

Right when I was about to stand up, you grabbed my wrist and told me that word which never failed to make my resonance crumble down.

“Stay.”

Some things just,
Some things just make sense
And one of those is you and I

After a few minutes of snuggling and spooning, I finally noticed the time. It was almost noon. The others are surely on their way back to the dorm. They can’t see us together because they still don’t know yet. As much as I want to scream to the world that we own each other; we can’t. The reasons are there.

“Princess… You need to wake up. They’ll be back anytime now.”, I said as much as it pains me saying it.

“Just lock the door.”

“Won’t they find it strange?”

“Amber.”

“Yeah?”

“Stop talking. They’re not even here yet. “, Krystal said. I know she’s bossy, call me crazy but I find her even ier every time she bosses me around.

“As you wish princess.”


Some things just,
Some things just make sense
And even after all this time
I'm into You
Baby not a day goes by that
I'm not into you

If we weren’t too lost in our own world to deep in ourselves, then we would’ve noticed our members.

Turns out, they were already inside the dorm.

 

 

“Augh! Unnie! I’m so hungry.”, Sulli complained as they stood outside Amber’s door. They heard Amber and Krystal’s conversation. And by Victoria’s orders, they should just them be.

 “Yeah! We’re already the ones that bought the food. Why do we get to leave again?”, Luna joined in complain.

“Because those two need time for themselves.”, Victoria spoke.

“C’mon I’ll just treat you guys to some ice cream and snacks. That’s enough time for them. We still need to pretend that we just got back and we haven’t eaten yet.”, she continued knowing the two other maknaes will give in.

“Neh!”, Luna and Sulli beamed easily convinced with cold treats and snacks.

 

The three other members got back just in time when Amber carried Krystal back to the room. They saw her going back from Sulli’s room to hers. She was too preoccupied with the girl she was carrying that she didn’t notice nor hear the sound of the door opening.

 

I should be over all the butterflies
But i'm into you (I'm in to you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)
Let em wonder how we got this far
Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah after all this time
I'm still into you
I'm still into you
I'm still into you


 

 

I know I should be over all the butterflies. After all this time, I’m still into you.

What did you do to me Amber?

 

Please bear with me, I need this… We’ve been practicing and promoting, we barely have time for each other. With my new drama coming up, I need to use all the time I can get with you.

 

The girl let out a deep sigh as she went on pretending to be asleep just to be near the person she loves the most.

 

 

 

------------------------------------

Shortest fic I've ever written. Haha.

Anyway, hope you guys like it!