Friends Twerk Together

Friends Twerk Together

 

 

 

 

Zelo furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he walked past the practice room and heard loud music coming from inside. It was their day off and while they loved to practice anyway they had all agreed to completely relax. He curiously pushed open the door to the practice room and stood there completely dumbfounded at what he saw.

JongUp was standing with his hands on bent knees popping his back while staring intensely at his in the mirror. Zelo knew JongUp was…different but he really had no idea what to make of this. He was about to quietly back out when the song stopped and JongUp looked his way.

“Zelo! What’s up?” JongUp asked, smiling brightly as though he had not just been…doing whatever he was doing.

“Um…I’m fine,” Zelo said awkwardly. Then he decided to throw caution to the winds, “Hyung, what the heck were you doing?”

“Twerking,” JongUp said simply.

What?” Zelo asked. Was this another made-up JongUp word?

Twerking,” JongUp said, enunciating, “It’s a dance.”

“A dance? A real dance?” Zelo asked disbelievingly.

“Yeah, come watch this video!” JongUp said enthusiastically, waving Zelo over to his laptop.

Zelo finally entered the room and sat in front of the laptop with JongUp. By the end of the video Zelo’s eyes were dry from their lack of frequent blinking and his mouth was hanging open much further than when he had seen JongUp.

“Hyung, how did you find this?” Zelo asked, trying not to judge. Maybe JongUp had been looking for some “adult videos” and stumbled across these girls doing this “dance”.

“I was just doing my daily watch of Chris Brown videos and I saw it in the recommendations. It seemed interesting enough so I clicked it. It’s a lot harder than it looks though, try it!” JongUp urged, as though this was absolutely normal.

“What? No!” Zelo refused. “No way! It’s totally a girls’ dance anyway!”

“So was Loving U,” JongUp answered quickly, referring to the maknae’s participation in the special performance.

Zelo narrowed his eyes.

“I said no, hyung.”

“Scared you can’t do it right? It is pretty hard…” JongUp teased.

Zelo scoffed.

“What part of that is hard?” he fired back. But he was already irked. He was a dancer. He thrived on challenges. And for someone to say he was scared of a new dance…it was very peeving.

Zelo suddenly stood up and pressed play on the stereo. JongUp smiled happily and watched Zelo struggle to twerk.

“Hyung, how do you do this?” Zelo finally asked exasperatedly.

“Just get loose,” JongUp said, getting up and standing next to Zelo. “Bend your knees and kind of pop your back but kind of your too…”

“What?”

“It’s hard to explain, just watch,” JongUp said and started to twerk.

It was awkward but Zelo watched JongUp closely and studied his movements. Suddenly the door flew open and the two youngest members looked up to see YongGuk staring at them with a “what-the-hell-have-I-just-walked-in-on” look on his face.

Zelo understood the look as his own face was currently a foot away from JongUp’s complete with an intense stare.

“Hyung, it’s not –” Zelo started.

“Cone twerk with us!” JongUp interrupted.

“You guys are twerking?” YongGuk asked. He looked to the ceiling and shook his head.

“How do you know what that is?” Zelo asked.

YongGuk suddenly looked sheepish and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Oh…you know…you find things on the internet that you like – I mean –”

“Nothing’s wrong with liking twerking, hyung!” JongUp said.

“I think it’s more than just the dance he likes, hyung,” Zelo muttered to JongUp while he took note of YongGuk’s red face.

JongUp laughed and waved YongGuk over.

“Come on, hyung, let me teach you and Zelo!”

YongGuk hesitated then shrugged. He didn’t often get to have fun with the maknaes so he shut the door and joined Zelo in observing JongUp.

“Wow, you’re actually really good, JongUp-ah!” YongGuk said appreciatively, “But I don’t think I can move like that…”

“Just try,” JongUp said.

YongGuk attempted but only caused Zelo to literally fall to the ground laughing.

“Well you try it then!” YongGuk said indignantly to the maknae rolling on the floor.

Zelo deftly hopped to his feet and assumed the position. He rolled his hips a little to loosen them up then tried his best to follow JongUp’s instruction.

“Good job, Zelo,” JongUp said, “you’re really getting the hang of it!”

“No fair!” YongGuk shouted. “You guys are dancers!”

Zelo smirked and stuck out his tongue at his oldest hyung, egging on his competitive spirit.

“Show me again, JongUp,” YongGuk commanded.

JongUp happily put the song on repeat and started twerking again. This time he slid to the ground in a split and continued twerking leaving both Zelo and YongGuk highly impressed. Zelo immediately dropped into a split to try out this new position followed by YongGuk who was now determined to twerk in the same fashion. They tried to follow JongUp’s movements until the door opened once again.

“Bbang, why are you still in–” HimChan stopped short when he saw YongGuk, JongUp and Zelo in splits and he had sworn they were looking at JongUp’s .

“What is going on?” HimChan demanded.

“We’re twerking!” JongUp announced.

“What?” HimChan asked, looking at the three of them.

“Like this,” Zelo said, getting up and twerking in the more comfortable hands-on-knees position.

JongUp continued twerking in his split while YongGuk smiled awkwardly at HimChan.

“We’re just having some fun,” the leader said.

HimChan blinked then broke into a grin.

“Teach me! I like this dance!”

The four of them now stood in line in the basic position and YongGuk and HimChan attempted to copy JongUp and Zelo’s movements.

HimChan immediately dropped to the ground.

“Nuh-uh, no way, I can’t do this,” HimChan said from the floor.

“Try this,” JongUp said, getting on all fours. “Roll your back like a cat, hyung.”

HimChan followed and YongGuk decided to as well.

“Ok, now do that while standing,” JongUp guided, “but faster and focus more on feeling the movement in your than in your back.”

“This is hard,” HimChan whined.

“Show him the video,” Zelo suggested to JongUp.

They gathered around the laptop and immersed themselves in the twerking video.

“Is this ?” DaeHyun’s voice asked behind them after a couple minutes.

They all jumped to see DaeHyun and YoungJae looking over their shoulders.

“It’s a dance,” YongGuk explained. “It’s called twerking.”

“Why are you watching this?” YoungJae asked. “This isn’t part of our new concept is it?”

“I hope so,” DaeHyun said.

“I’m teaching hyungs how to do it,” JongUp said proudly.

“Really?” DaeHyun asked. “Teach me too!”

YoungJae frowned but shrugged.

“Heck, I’ll try it,” YoungJae said.

“Let’s make this a little more interesting,” Zelo proposed, “Whoever still can’t twerk despite JongUp hyung’s efforts to teach us has to do all the chores for a week!”

The members looked at each other and the aura of competition swelled in the air.

“Deal,” they all said.

JongUp once again demonstrated his twerking skills then asked his hyungs to copy him.

“What about Zelo?” YoungJae asked.

Zelo promptly turned around and twerked in his hyungs’ faces.

YoungJae scowled but became even more determined not to be the one on chore duty.

YongGuk’s twerking was passable and DaeHyun was catching on but HimChan still struggled along with YoungJae.

“Try it on the wall,” JongUp said, “I actually find that easier.”

“Excuse me?” YoungJae asked.

JongUp put his feet up on the nearest wall and twerked in a handstand.

DaeHyun and HimChan immediately broke into applause.

“Very y,” HimChan commented.

“And very easy on the eyes,” DaeHyun added, making JongUp blush as he came down off the wall. “JunHong, can you do it on the wall too?”

Zelo put his long legs up on the wall and found that twerking upside-down was indeed easier.

“Aw, look at his cute little !” HimChan crooned.

“Hyung!” Zelo shouted, immediately sliding down the wall in embarrassment.

“It’s a compliment,” DaeHyun said, “you have a nice and it looks good twerking. Let me try the wall.”

DaeHyun put his legs up and let his back pop loosely. JongUp clapped proudly and patted DaeHyun’s .

“That was good hyung! No offense but I didn’t think you’d do this well,” JongUp said.

DaeHyun smirked and patted JongUp’s head.

“I’m good at stuff like this, JongUp-ah,” he boasted.

“So it’s down to you two,” YongGuk said, pointing at YoungJae and HimChan.

“You aren’t even all that!” YoungJae said.

“No, but I can still do it,” YongGuk countered, “I haven’t seen your move yet, Yoo YoungJae.”

DaeHyun snickered and earned a glare from YoungJae.

“Want some help?” DaeHyun asked, waggling his eyebrows.

No,” YoungJae said, “I am doing this on my own. Turn up the music, JongUp.”                          

JongUp happily complied and all eyes settled on YoungJae.

He flipped his unstyled hair out of his face and narrowed his eyes. There was no way he was doing the chores. He was about to start twerking when HimChan desperately pushed him to the floor and started twerking as hard as he could.

Everyone starting cackling except, of course, YoungJae who was sprawled on the floor facedown. He rolled over, slightly dazed, and pointed at HimChan.

That was low, even for you hyung. I – demand – a twerk-off.”

JongUp raised his eyebrows.

“Y-YoungJae hyung, that’s really serious…”

“I know,” YoungJae said, getting to his feet, “but there’s no way I’m doing chores unless I lose fair and square.

HimChan gulped visibly but nodded. JongUp shook his head but changed the song  to one with a faster, heavier beat and turned it up.

YoungJae rolled his neck then bent his knees low with his hands tightly gripping them and started to twerk out of nowhere. He got really into it and even put his hands on the ground and continued to twerk. He spun around then pointed at HimChan.

“How…?” HimChan asked.

“Chores can do things to a guy,” YoungJae said, “don’t waste time, hop to it, hyung.” 

“This is for you, JongUp-ah,” HimChan said.

He went into a handstand without wall support and started twerking to the music. He then hopped smoothly back onto his feet and twerked violently before pointing at YoungJae.

YoungJae made a slitting motion with his finger across his throat while slowly going into a split – then he started twerking on the floor while rolling his hips.

JongUp started applauding but promptly stopped after a hard glare from HimChan. YoungJae proudly got up and pointed at HimChan.

“That’s it?” HimChan asked.

What?” YoungJae asked incredulously, “It’s not easy to roll your hips while twerking! That’s skill!”

HimChan shrugged.

“There’s no way that beats my handstand. I did that without a wall,” HimChan said.

YoungJae turned to JongUp.

“Who was better?” he asked.

JongUp’s eyes went wide.

“I…I really can’t say…I can just do the ch –”

HimChan and YoungJae immediately started arguing loudly until the music was shut off and they both turned to the speakers to see JongUp standing there shaking his head.

“I told you this was serious stuff. Look at you now, hyungs, arguing over something as silly as who’s going to do the chores.”

“JongUp’s right,” YongGuk said, “If you guys are going to bicker like children then I’ll treat you like children and tell you what to do. You’re both doing them.”

“But, Bbang!” HimChan whined. “I was so much better!”

“You were both great,” JongUp said honestly, then he actually began to tear up.

“JongUp-ah!”

“JongUppie?”

“Omo!”

“Hyung!”

“What have we done?”

They all rushed over to JongUp and began to comfort him.

“Look what you’ve done!” HimChan hissed at YoungJae.

Me?” YoungJae gasped.

“Hyungs, stop!” JongUp said. “I’m not upset. These tears…these are tears of happiness. You were both so good. You walked in here not knowing how to twerk and you’re leaving as amazing twerkers. You all obviously have a natural talent and I’m just so happy I could bring that out. I’m just so happy.”

JongUp began to sob and all the members embraced him and thanked him sincerely for teaching them how to twerk.

“Can we all twerk together?” JongUp asked. “That would make me so happy.”

They all agreed. JongUp turned the music back on and boosted the bass.

YongGuk and Zelo opted for the basic position while HimChan and JongUp did the splits and DaeHyun and YoungJae utilized the wall.

They switched it up and improvised until they all collapsed to the floor clutching their backs.

“That was awesome!” JongUp said enthusiastically.

They all couldn’t help but agree.

There was nothing like twerking with your friends. 


 

This is for my inspiration, PradaG ^^ 

 

pic cr: http://24-7kpop.com/2013/08/09/b-a-p-star-as-skoolooks-new-faces/