Fear

Truth or Dare - Myungsoo

Mutual friends, they can either be your best friends or your worst enemies. For you they happened to be both. Not knowing where things were going to end up, you agreed to go to their little party tonight. Reasoning with yourself you wore a riskier dress than you usually do, thinking that you would be a little more risky than you usually were since this was your first party that you were ever invited to. Watching your reflection in the mirror you pulled the dress down that barely reached your mid thigh. Slipping on some high heels, you grabbed your purse and your phone and walked to the party that was only a couple of blocks away.

Two men stood at the entrance, who let you pass as you moved into the darkened environment. Moving around the perimeter you surveyed the party as this man on the other side of the room caught your eyes. He was dressed in a simple black shirt with a little white peeping through around the chest and his black pants and converse shoes just complimented this dark angel that you saw. Chatting with some of your friends, he watched you.  Catching his eye the first time that walked in you looked breathless. Perfection wasn’t even able to describe you in his eyes. Moseying over to him as the party continued you stood next to him as he leaned against the wall.

"I don’t think that I remember you?" You said as you looked into the mass of people jumping up and down.

"That’s because I came here with a friend, he invited me." He said quietly as you could barely make him out over the music.

"Who is your friend?" You were curious as to who would have such a non social friend. Myuungsoo just pointed across the room to  a couple making out. You looked down at the ground nodding your head. A comfortable silence fell between the two of you.

"So do you come to parties often?" He decided to ask

"No is it really that obvious?" You asked as he nodded his head smirking at you and your embarrassed tone.

"It’s ok, I don’t know how to act at these things either" He confessed as he rolled up his sleeves to above his elbows. "Hey what do you say if we go get a drink or something and get out of this place?"

"I’d like that" He followed you out waving to his friend as you walked out of the heated joint. The cool air hit you as you sighed a breath of relief cause now you could breath properly without feeling like you were being suffocated. He moved his hands into his pocket as he chose the perfect little shop for you two.

The little shops’ bell jingled as it welcomed you into the cozy space. Myungsoo led you to a couple of chairs as you ordered a sweet drink. Making a conversation with him was easier than any other guys that you had tried to talk with. There was just something about Myungsoo that was friendly, kind, and open.

Hours seemed to fly like minutes as you two talked the night away.

"I would really like to see you again ________" Myungsoo said as he played with his fingers in his lap.

"I would like that too Myungsoo" Your cheeks flushed with blush as he smiled. Pulling out his phone he replied to a text then looked back at you.

"So would you mind if you joined me at the beach tomorrow, our friends are having another outing and I don’t want to be alone" He said nicely trying not to beg.

"So is this a date?" You asked not knowing what it is since you haven’t been on a date before. Myungsoo nodded slowly as you had already made up your mind. "I would love to!" You said as his smile showed on his face once again.

"So I will meet you on the beach then" Myungsoo got up and waved you off as his friend waited for him outside. You soon followed as you walked back to your apartment, wondering what you are going to wear tomorrow.

Filing through your drawers you found a swimsuit, it was a two piece but you felt good in it. The black swimsuit hugged you perfectly as you pulled over a fish net covering as you slipped on some flip flops and pulled your hair up into a fun ponytail. Skipping out the door, you walked out to the street where you moved to the beach. Reaching the sandy edge you realized that there wasn’t really anyone on this beach. Excitement grew within you as you walked down the beach line. Two arms wrapped around you as you thought it was Myungsoo. Turning around with a smile on your face, it soon faded as you realized that it was one of your popular friends.

"How are you ________?" She said as she held your hands and you became uncomfortable.

"Not too bad April" You pulled your hands away from hers. "You?"

"Pretty good, I have a date, that makes it a whole lot better" April ran her hands up her oil rubbed boy next to her. You felt really awkward not having anyone next to you to pull you away. A hand slipped into yours as you eyes looked at your hand and traced the stranger up to Myungsoo.

"April, this is my date, Myungsoo" You introduced him as he smiled and bowed. April curled her lip in discuss.

"I want to show you something" Myungsoo pulled you away as you skipped happily by his side. Walking a little away from your acquaintances you slid your hand out of Myungsoo’s.

"Um, Thank you for pulling me away" You stuttered as you walked to another group.

"We have to look out for each other" He slipped his hand through yours as another group of people walked past you.

"You want to go for a swim Myungsoo?" You asked as the water lapped against your bare feet.

"No, I really don’t like deep water. I am scared of it actually" He smirked looking down at the sand beneath his feet.

—Later that Night—

Everyone was gathered together as they introduced themselves. It was a small group of sixteen people, most of them you had no idea who they were.

"Let’s play a fun game!" April proposed as the group shouted in agreement, "Truth or Dare!" The group agreed as you suddenly got nervous.

What if they asked about Myungsoo and you? Or what about the future with you? What if they brought out your ugly past?

”_________? Truth or Dare?” You glared at April as she already knew your answer.

"Dare!" You said not wanting to spill anything, she smiled as she looked at you.

"Go jump off the end of that dock" She pointed to the furthest pier as you got up, releasing Myungsoo’s hand from yours. He watched you as the group got up and walked followed you to the pier.

"This will be great since she can’t swim for very long in deep water" April scoffed as her oiled up boy hung his hand over her shoulder. The group laughed as you ridded yourself of the fish netted cover up that you wore and slipped off your shoes. Myungsoo began to walk up to you, not wanting you to do the dare with the new found knowledge. You dived off of the pier with ease as you hit the water, he reached the edge trying to locate you in the darkened water below. The crowd behind him clapped as he took off his shirt and shoes and dove in after you. Bubbles appeared and helped steer Myungsoo to you. You were gobbling up water sinking by the second. You were loosing the fight, your air supply was getting low as you felt arms wrap around you and soft lips touch yours, exchanging air. Swimming you up to the surface, seeing that you were faint he swam the half mile to shore, with you. Putting you on the beach he pressed his lips against yours breathing into your mouth.

Suddenly you sat up and turned to the side and coughed up all of the salty water that you had inhaled. Myungsoo helped you up as your legs were weak and he ended up carrying you back to the pier to grab his things. Sitting you down on the cold wood he slipped on his shoes and put yours on as well. He handed you his shirt.

"I think you will be warmer with my shirt" He put on your fish net cover up that looked wonderful on him.

"Thank you. Thank you for everything that you have done for me, you saved my life." Kissing him on his cheek he pulled you in for a hug, "You went past your fear for me" He gently nodded his head.

"My biggest fear now is loosing you"