Prologue

Catastic Universe

Chanyeol was a little too young to be drunk, but that's what he was, yawning and yowling at his tall master, both front paws up clawing the air as if he was telling him to come. Actually, it had nothing to do with his age because in human years, he's supposed to only be a little younger than Kris. It was the fact that he was a cat that made drinking inappropriate for him. "Chanyeol…" Kris Wu groaned under his breath as he sat on his hind legs to try and get to his cat's eye level. He looked deep into those almond shaped, brown cat eyes and all he could see was a watery haze. What-cha lookin at? huh? Chanyeol playfully murmured in cat as he grinned at him, his eyes crinkling as he directed his cat smile towards his tall owner before walking over to him. Kris rubbed the back of his neck, groaning all the while as he punched in the personal number of his veterinarian and friend. It rang almost a million times before it was picked up, and the greeting wasn't the normal, irritated greeting he would usually get. It wasn't normal because it sounded even more irritated than usual.

 

"What?" Yixing said, his voice transmitted electronically, making it sound more flat than it actually is. The stiff tone told Kris that this was not the right time for him to call, and he winced even more when he heard soft rustling of bed sheets and possibly more in the background- except he didn't allow himself to think further because he believed that he wasn't overreacting at all this time. He could remember reading an article about things pets could or couldn't eat in google and alcohol was one of them. "I'm sorry… I was just- Chanyeol…" Kris helplessly tried to not to whine, but his deep voice betrayed him. "What about him?" Yixing curtly replied, making Kris cringe further. He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck and letting his fingers run through his damp locks of platinum-bleached hair. "He drank alcohol and I read somewhere that cats weren't allowed to…?"

 

Silence.

 

"How much did he drink?" Yixing asked, his voice considerably softer and sounding more concerned than it was a few seconds back. "I'm not sure… I think…maybe a couple of…?" Kris said cringing as he looked into his cup only to find that it was barely even touched before turning to send his cat an accusing glare. Chanyeol hazily stared back at him and blinked a couple of times, one eye closing faster than the other. "Wu Yifan. You called me from your vacation, disrupting my long awaited vacation with Luhan to tell me that you are worried your cat drank himself to death only to tell me that what you mean by that is 'he had a couple of '… Tsk! Call me when you have an actual problem. Geez.. a lawyer that can't even disting-" Then the line goes off. Kris didn't have to hear the end of the sentence to know what he was saying. He sighed and sat down on the cold, hard-wood floor. With careful hands, he lifted Chanyeol up in the air and placed him in his lap. "You know… I read somewhere that cats and dogs aren't allowed to drink alcoholic beverages….something about your liver…" Kris started, his voice low and soft as he gently used his forefinger to rub him just below his chin, producing a low purr out of him. "And I don't know if you know this but you are a cat. You're not like me." He continued, his lips quirking more on one side: a product of him trying to keep the smile off his face and failing miserably. What do you think of me? I'm not an idiot… I just wanted to try it… and I liked it~ Chanyeol berated him in cat, murting his cat laugh all the while. He was rolling on his back on top of Kris' lap while both of his front paws held his master's huge hands, his hind legs playfully kicking up to Kris' stomach. 

 

During times like these, Kris couldn't help but feel like his pet cat was trying to converse with him and it was times like these when Kris wished that technology had advanced long enough for them to invent something that'll help bridge the gap between humans and animals. He had always wondered what his cat would tell him when he was given the chance. That thought was easily dismissed with a sigh, taking the bottle of Daeipsul Soju the ahjumma next door gave him and pouring some of it in the cup Chanyeol took a few from. He took a sip and scrunched his face at how bitter it tasted before turning to look at Chanyeol, his expression judging. "And you liked this?" He asked him, laughing when he saw Chanyeol swipe at him. "You know… If you ever do get to talk to me, I get the feeling that most of what you'll say are insults." He mindlessly commented as he moved his finger down to his tummy, giving him a much deserved belly rub before taking another sip of the medicine wine he was so graciously given.

 

Thinking about the wine brought him back to this morning when the ahjumma next door came over. She was small and frail and she seemed friendly enough, however there was just something about her… She told Kris that she was new in town and that she had gotten a bottle of medicine wine from one of her latest travels. A family that lived near the mountains sold a couple of bottles to her and told her that all of their wine were made from scratch. They were all from their great grandmother's personal recipe and swore that all of them did wonders. Kris stared at the contents floating inside the wine and wondered just what kind of benefits it carried with it. The woman, when she was speaking to him, her eyes flitted around and seemed to linger when she looked at his cat before turning her eyes back over to him. She seemed to have gained this weird twinkle in her eyes when she gave it to him and honestly, her expression made him shiver. Would Kris wake up to the sudden growth of his chest hair? The thought made him smirk because if that happened to him, then what more would it do to Chanyeol? He'd wake up fluffy all over. The weather suddenly changed from perfectly normal to heavy rain pattering substantially on his roof and windows- which wasn't all that unusual since it was practically rainy season where he was.

 

Now, Kris wasn't sure if it was because of the steady rhythm of the rain beating down on his surroundings, or if it was the soju that was running through his system but his body suddenly felt tired and his eyes felt heavy so with a big yawn, he stood up from the living room floor and carried the already sleeping Chanyeol over his shoulder. As he walked over to his bedroom, he closed all of the lights and crawled straight into his warm duvet covers, stretching his long limbs before snuggling underneath it. He turned to his side and looked at his cat sleeping peacefully on the pillow right next to him, making him smile. Then, he said "Good night, Chanyeol…", patting him on top of his head before drifting off to the land of cats, warm covers and wine.

 

---

 

Okay, now prologue is up! I had an epiphany while I was writing this and I believe that this might turn into some sort of comedy type of fic and well... just heads up! ^^ Thanks for all of those who subscribed and commented! You guys rock~

--and special thanks to my friends who I force to be my betas... You know who you are~ You guys are awesome!