Final

Dream within a dream

Her darkening eyes are on me the moment she steps into the the see through glass room. She walks in front of the black music stand and the black microphone set up for her. Her hair is a shade of fiery pink, as beautiful as ever. “Love exists but with an absence of eternity.” The soft and slightly sad words echo in my ears, and I find myself trying to decipher the complicated, encrypted meaning of them as soon as they fall from her lips.

“At the first moment of a lovers’ encounter, there is an affirmation of love.” My mind is starting to clear from everything: only filling with the thought of her, filling with day dreams of kissing her, of holding her, of loving her. The intensity of her stare increases, and I feel like I’m on the edge of my seat as she glances down at the paper propped up on the stand and says, “Psychologically; lunacy, emptiness, panic, delusion- that the moment will last forever.” 

Krystal takes a deep breath before she flicks her gaze back up at me, “I’m seized by desire,” her voice is still gentle and lax, but the voice recording doesn’t capture the hungry look that’s twinkling in her eyes as they bore into mine when I find the courage to look up into them again, I know she’s talking about me...I mean, at least I think she’s talking about me. I feel my stomach churning and my body heat building beneath my sizzling skin, and I have the urge to tear off my shirt from the intense feeling heat surrounding me: I want her, too.
 
That is..if she really did feel the same way about me, if the words spilling out of her were heart felt and were meaningful. “I hide behind my back,” there’s a slight frown dotting the corners of , “and postpone all answers.” The light shuts off in the recording room, Krystal steps out into the waiting room where I am, a smile on stretching across her face at the sight of me, embracing me tightly, “So, how’d I do, Ssul?” She asks, stepping back a little, her arms still encircling my waist. I’m about to open my mouth and answer when Krystal rolls her eyes and leans forward, her lips brushing against mine. 
 
Someone’s shaking me, and my eyes shoot open. Krystal’s bent over me, arms gripping my shoulders, sinking her nails into my flesh, “Wake up, Sulli! You’re gonna support me when I tape that paragraph for our Art film this morning!” My heart skips a beat. If Krystal’s recording goes anything like how it did in my dream, I think I’ll go insane with a unquenchable thirst for the taste of her lips pressed against mine.
 
Suddenly, I’m aware Krystal’s eyes are still on me, questioning me silently, and I sit up abruptly, “Uh..okay, I’ll go take a shower,” I say, trying my best to sound normal and that the dream I’d just woken up from hadn’t totally effected me and had fried my brain to nothingness. She shoots me a smile, “Okay....want me to join you?” Maybe she realizes that I’m my mind’s all tangled and jumbled up by the mere presence of her, because I fume with my words, and Krystal’s giggling uncontrollably, “Yes...wait, no...yes...NO!” 
 
I slam the bathroom door shut behind me and start peeling off my clothes when I feel her eyes on me, and jerk around to find her smirking at me. “Sulli, Sulli, Sulli,” she murmurs, as if punishing a child, eyes moving everywhere but mine, “you should wear nothing around the dorm more often.” I wake up gasping in my bed, still feeling Soojung’s lingering fingertips burning trails across my skin. Victoria pokes her head in, “Oh, thank goodness you’re awake. I was about to send Soojung in to wake you up.” Gulping, I manage a wane smile at her and bury my head in my pillow when she leaves. ‘Yeah, I’d like to see which method of waking me up she’d use....kissing me in my dreams or seducing me while I sleep.’