The Last Breath

The Last Breath

 "Director, we're done with the CF shooting right?" Eli asked. "Yea. You guys did a great job. Go ahead and take a rest." The director replied. Eli smiled to himself as he collected his bag and put on his usual disguise: a cap and a scarf. Eli specially love the scarf since it was a really unique present given by someone Eli loved. Eli got ready to leave when SooHyun called his from behind. "Leaving already? You should celebrate with the other members." SooHyun said, inviting him. Eli shook his head, rejecting SooHyun's offer. Eli has some place special to be. The thought of seeing 'her' makes his heart races. It's been week since Eli last visited 'her'.

  Drawing a deep breath, Eli left the shooting venue and blended in with the crowd, hoping not to be noticed. Eli boarded the bus and headed down to the hospital. It took him about 15 minutes to reach but by the time the bus arrived Eli couldn't stop the huge grin spreading on his face. Eli entered the hospital, several nurses and doctors greeted Eli. He was a regular visitor. "It's been a while, Eli-sshi." The nurse at the counter greeted him. Eli smiled at her and ask the nurse. "I believe she's still in her usual ward, am i right." Eli confirmed. The nurse nodded, smiling at Eli.

  Eli made his way to the room at the end of the corridor. Taking a deep breath, Eli opened the door and appear from behind the curtains, causing Min to jump up in fright. "Eli!!!" Min shouted as she tried to sit up from the bed. Min had serious health problems. Currently, she's in the last stage of an unknown sickness but Min doesn't know about it. Min was also Eli's girlfriend, though Eli did not announced this publicly as to not cause trouble for Min. Eli knew of Min's sickness but refuses to tell her about it. He only wants her to be happy and telling her might hurt her. "Miss me?" Eli asked cheekily as he sat down beside her.

  "Of course not...바보(pabo)..." Min muttered loud enough for Eli to hear. Laughing, Eli ruffled Min's hair in an attempt to make it messy. "Don't lie. So how was i on our newest MV?" Eli asked. Min thought for a while, pursing her lips at the same time. "You were 'okay', though i must say Kiseop-sshi was not bad too." Min laughed. Eli knew it was a joke and he did not deny the fact that Kiseop looked stunning in 'DoraDora' MV. Eli pouted, making a sad face. "Tch...I'm way better than Kiseop-sshi..." Eli complained. Min laughed and beckoned Eli forward. Eli complied.

 Once Eli was close enough, Min took off Eli's cap and kiss him lightly on the forehead. Eli reacted a little too late as he pull back. "Yah, you need to pay for kissing an idol you know." Eli said giving Min a demanding look, earning a laugh from Min. "Not if he's my boyfriend~" Min replied Eli while poking her tongue out. Eli joined in her laugh while pincing her cheek. Both of them chatted until visiting hours were over. Before leaving, Eli promised Min that he would visit her tomorrow again though he did not understand why Min wasn't as excited as he thought she would be.

 Closing the door behind him, Eli finds himself facing the doctor. "May i have a word with you?" The doctor asked. Eli nodded a little uncertainly."It's about Min. Up until now, we haven't been able to identify the illness she has encounter. Unfortunately, the results we got from the latest check up showed that the virus inside her body has been constantly spreading and we found out that it has already spread to her heart. She does not have much time left..." The doctor break the news to Eli. Eli turned away as he felt a drop of tear flowing down. "How much longer...?" Eli asked, wiping away his tear. "A day at most. Perhaps even less." The doctor replied Eli.

 "Just a day...?" Eli asked. The doctor nodded sadly and put his hand on Eli's shoulder. "You should know, Min is very lucky to have you by her side." The doctor said patting Eli's shoulder a couple of times before leaving. Eli stood there staring at the dcotor's shadows until it dissapears. Eli knew this day would come sooner or later. He just didn't want to accept it. "So am i..." Eli muttered to himself.

xxx(The Next Day)

 Eli bought orchids for Min. Today was Min's birthday and Eli wanted to surprise her. He wore his cap and scarf before leaving his house. As always, Eli took the bus to the hospital. When he arrived, the nurse and doctor greeted him. Eli stopped in front of Min's room as he adjusted his clothing. Taking small deep breaths, Eli entered Min's room. When Min saw him, she sat up in delight. "What are you doing here so early for?" Min asked. Eli pulled the orchids from behind him, surprising Min. Eli knew Min's favourite flowers were orchids. "Happy 20th Birthday Min!" Eli wished her. Min was so happy she didn't know what to say to Eli.

 "Surprised?" Eli asked, sitting down beside her. Min nodded wordlessly. Eli helped her arrange the flowers before putting them in the vase beside her bed. Min asked Eli to come closer. When Eli was close enough, Min removed the cap and scarf. "There..." Min said. As Min remove them, Eli noticed her hands were trembling. Gently, Eli held her hand. "Don't looks so sad, Min. I'm always here for you." Eli said holding her hand close to his heart. "Eli-ah...i don't have much time." Min said softly.

 "Don't joke around Min. You're scaring me." Eli said laughing although deep inside, Eli knew Min already discover her situation. "I'm not jokin. I don't even have a few hours. The virus has already spread into my heart. It's too late..." Min whispered. "D-Don't say that Min. There's still time. Didn't i promise you than we would walk the park together once you are discharged?" Eli asked as a single tear rolled down his face. Min smiled at Eli gently.

 "I'm afraid that won't happen...I want you to promise me. Once i'm gone, don't keep me in your heart. What's past is past. You can't keep me forever. Find someone else, someone who will truly love you...There's still-" Min didn't finish her sentance when Eli cut in. "Don't say things like these" Eli shouted at Min. Min looked at Eli sadly. "I will never be there forever." She said as she leaned back. As if, talking to Eli made her tired. She looked at Eli with a smile. "I love you" were the last words Eli heard before Min stopped breathing.

xxx(2months later)

 Eli sat on the beach, day dreaming when someone accidently fell down in front of him. Studying the person closely, Eli noticed it was a girl. "Hey, watch out." Eli said. The girl looked at Eli, puzzeled. 'She's a real clumsy fellow' Eli thought. "I-I'm so sorry..." She apologized. Eli got shocked, her voice was exactly like Min's and her clumsiness...It was just like Min. Eli studied her closely again. 'Perhaps...' Eli thought.