Final

can i talk to you about this later?

chanyeol has been acting odd, baekhyun muses to himself. he's sat on the couch beside said person, who is currently staring blankly at the television, completely silent.

chanyeol is an odd person. that's why baekhyun likes chanyeol. however, chanyeol is acting even more odd than usual. he isn't very talkative, and he's becoming increasingly more withdrawn.

baekhyun dislikes this, and it worries him.

is chanyeol doing alright emotionally? it doesn't seem like it.

"chanyeol," baekhyun speaks up.
he earns no response. so, he tries again, "hey—"
"what?" chanyeol snaps.

baekhyun's eyes widen at the tone of the other's voice. "you've been acting strangely lately."

"shut up," chanyeol responds immediately, walking off to their shared room.

baekhyun takes a moment to compare chanyeol to a woman during their time of the month before stalking after him, finding chanyeol laying on his bed, possibly asleep.

that evening, baekhyun finds the door to their room is locked. he's beyond confused at this point. "chanyeol? you in there? hey, open the door."

a muffled 'no' can be heard from the other side. baekhyun figures chanyeol has his face buried into a pillow.

he heaves a sigh. "please?" a few seconds later, the door is unlocked but not opened for him. he doesn't particularily care as he opens it, finding chanyeol once again laying on his bed, face to pillow.

with an expression portraying concern, he sits himself beside his roomate, running a hand up his back. "is something bothering you?"

chanyeol sighs, turning onto his side. "yeah." baekhyun smiles when their eyes meet. "want to talk about it?"

they spend the next few hours laying beside eachother. chanyeol goes on and on about sleepless nights of horrid thoughts, dreams of love which he cannot fathom ever happening, worries, concerns, and how the thought of dying has crossed his mind once or twice. baekhyun responds in a slow, soft voice, "it'll be okay." and then chanyeol is crying, mumbling out apologizing for snapping at him earlier, baekhyun holding him tightly in his thin but secure arms, shushing him with a light laugh.

not much later, they lay entangled on chanyeol's bed, eyes smiling and soft sighs of content leaving their parted lips.

"thank you," says chanyeol.
"it's nothing," baekhyun whispers.