My..number?

A Red Umbrella

Maybe he wasn't as harmless as he looked, I thought as I gaped at him. Asking for may name is one thing, asking for my phone number is another matter all together...I opened my mouth and closed it without saying anything. I wasn't keen on giving him my number but his innocent face was open, a small smile dangling at his lips as he waited for my answer.

"Hey noona!" Both Zelo and I started as someone called out. It was my younger brother Jongup. He walked towards me, strands of his dark brown hair peeking out from under the gray hood of his gray hoodie he wore over his school uniform. He gave Zelo a puzzled look and rubbed the back of his neck self-consciously. "Am I disturbing the two of you? I shall go in first then..."

"It's okay!" Zelo and I said at the same time. Zelo coughed, embarassed but gave me another cute smile. "I'm just kidding, Eunji. See you around!" With that he hurriedly left, leaving me gaping at his retreating back.

"Is he your boyfriend, noona?" Jongup asked, a serious expression on his face.

"No no no he's not," I sputtered. "He's just-"

Jongup shrugged. "Well, he looked like a nice person. Pity."

Before I could retort he had already opened our house door and went in. I shook my head and followed him in. "Omma! We're home!" Jongup called out. "Omma~" A middle-aged lady wearing a white apron walked out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on the apron. Her graying hair was tied back in a bun but a few strands had escaped and stuck to her neck. Her face was weary but it lit up when she saw the two of us.

"Omma," I said as I went over to hug her. She smiled, the wrinkles on her face disappearing instantly. She was in her early forties but she looked like she was in her fifties. I guess it was the burden of having to take care of two children by herself after our father left. By 'left', I mean he divorced her. He had another woman and it broke the family. We don't really talk about it, though, about Father and all that. Nothing good to talk about.

Dinner was a small affair, simple and casual, as the three of us sat down to eat together. A comfortable silence filled the place, broken only by the occasional clinking of metal utenstils on the chinaware. Jongup ate ravenously, as if he had not eaten in three months, his spoon flashing in and out of his mouth. "Woah, slow down Guppie. What if you choke?" I chided him softly. "There's still food. "

"Hmm?" He tried to speak through a mouthful of rice but choked instead. I slapped his back as Omma hurriedly passed him some water.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, dear," she said.

I chortled. "See? I told you that you'll choke."

Jongup swallowed and shot me a sideway glance. "Noona..I got the prefect blackmail material to blackmail you. You're tempting me." *evil smile*

"Blackmail?"

"Namely..Zeloooooooo~"

Now it was my turn to choke. "What?!"

Jongup grinned at me evilly. "Zelo? The cute gu-" He was cut off as I quickly stuffed a wad of kimchi in his mouth.

"Kimchi is nice, isn't it Jongup?" I asked him in a sugary voice while glaring at him. You're so dead, Moon Jongup.

"Hmm..hmm..hmmm" Jongup complained while chewing the kimchi. Omma glanced between the two of us, confused.

"Is there something I should know? What's Zelo?" She asked.

"Nothing! He's just a friend at school..." I trailed off as Omma gave me a skeptical look.

"Eunji ah, I'm not opposed to you having male friends, but boyfriend is another matter.."

I stood up. "I'm done! I gotta go, I have a test tomorrow. Good night Omma!" Moon Jongup you better watch out. Noona's not going to let you off. I glared at my dear brother before escaping from the dinner table and any possible questions from Omma. Things were getting too awkard for my liking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO~ Finally updated! Im so sorry for the long wait, I was busy and all that >< Chapter 3 won't be out anytime soon though ;/ once again, sorry! I have to edit a fanfic and I'm looking for a job so I'll be a little busy *sighs*. I'll do my best to update soon though! :)

Ps: Jongup look so cute in the photo though <3 Ahhhhh~