Chapter 4

Shhh I'm married

            “Are you sure about this?” Luna asked.

            “Of course Luna! I am 101 percent sure of this!” she answered gripping tighter at the strap of her bag. Mrs. Wu had already left this morning to attend some business. They had dinner with Mrs. Wu’s cooking that night which she envied so much.

            “Okay fine, no need to shout you know,” Luna rolled her eyes and proceeded on eating her food.

            “But—but he’ll feel lonely,” Fei whispered to herself but Luna was able to hear her.

            “Ooowh, I see!” she .

            “W-what!?” Fei stuttered, blushing and trying to cover herself from Luna.

            “You love him already!!” Luna wasn’t able to control herself and shouted her words which received some looks from the other students.

            “Luna please calm down!” Fei pulled her closer, covering .

            “I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it!” Luna shrugged with her wide smile.

            “Don’t mind my words okay? I didn’t mean that,” she reasoned out.

            “Right~~ you really didn’t mean that,” Luna teased again raising her brows to her.

            “Luna stop that!”

            “Don’t worry, my lips are sealed!” Luna said zipping .

            “I know or else, you’ll be dead!”

            “Owh I’m scared!” Luna pretended to shiver and Fei just stuck her tongue-out to her, Luna returned the action. And they ended up teasing each other.

           

            Far from them was the table of teachers, Yifan was there with some teachers in their department.

            “Mr. Wu what do you think about it?” the head of their department asked turning Yifan’s attention to him.

            “Pardon?”

            “Miss Leila would be glad to be your substitute since you’re leaving for a week,” the teacher answered and Yifan nodded not minding what the teacher was talking about.

            Because Yifan was busy looking at the other direction, Fei’s table. He smiled in his mind when he saw Fei who was laughing and teasing Luna. The said Miss Leila who was sitting beside him noticed his absent of mind. She looked around their table when the other teachers were busy talking to each other. She then smiled.

            “Huang Zi-Fei,” she said enough for Yifan to hear her.

            “What about her?” he asked looking at his food.

            “I heard she talked back to you yesterday,” she answered getting the attention of all the teachers in the table even the head teacher of their department.

            “Really? She did that?” the chubby teacher asked.

            “Yes she did that but she has her reason,” Yifan said defending Fei. He was starting to dislike the conversation.

            “But whatever her reason was, she still doesn’t have to answer back to you,” Miss Leila with a smile receiving some nods from the other teachers.

            “Miss Leila is right Mr. Wu, you should talk to that girl.”

            “I already talked to her and she apologized to me,” Yifan could feel his tension rising up but he kept it hidden.

            “Well that’s good.”

            “Poor girl, she hadn’t taught by her parents to not answer back to teachers,” Miss Leila commented receiving some ‘tsk’ from the teachers except for Yifan. He was really pissed but controlled himself. Miss Leila was a girl and he couldn’t just do bad to her.

            “Let’s drop the issue, we’re teachers, we shouldn’t talk like that,” Yifan said but for him it was a warning for her. Some of the teachers nodded agreeing to him.

            “But can’t you see, that student doesn’t respect teachers anymore and it’s disrespectful on our side,” Miss Leila reasoned out.

            “You’re right on that,” the one male teacher said.

            “We don’t know her background so we should not judge her easily,” Yifan answered back.

            “Oh you’re wrong, I know something about that Huang Zi-Fei,” she snickered.

            “What’s that Miss Leila?” the other female teacher asked.

            “I heard she’s already married,” Miss Leila answered and there were gasps from all of the teachers in the table except for Yifan. He felt himself tensed.

            “Oh poor girl, she’s maybe having a hard life now with a husband,” the female teacher commented shaking her head.

            “Oh you’re wrong to that Ma’am. She’s not having a hard life since she was married to a Old Korean Tycoon!” Miss Leila said proudly.

            “Really? How’d you know that?”

            “Well, one of the students saw her entering a luxury car on her way home and she even was greeted by a chauffeur!” Miss Leila answered.

            “Maybe it was an arranged marriage,” the older teacher said.

            “Well, it’s not close to that Sir. She’d agreed to the marriage just for his money since the old tycoon has no wife at all, she took that as an opportunity.”

            That was the last straw of the conversation. The canteen felt silent when Yifan stood up with a loud:

            “SHUT UP!”

            Fei stopped from teasing Luna and turned her direction to the family voice, Yifan. She saw Yifan was fuming in anger.

            Yifan closed his eyes, he knew he had drawn attentions from everyone but he couldn’t take it anymore. He exploded. He directed his eyes to Miss Leila who was shocked by his actions.

            “You’re talking about my student and I couldn’t let that slip. You don’t know her so you have no right to judge her,” he said through gritted teeth and turned his gaze at the head teacher, “I want her out of this school from now on, do it or I’ll leave.”

            Yifan left the canteen not letting any word from the teachers. He let out a sigh and went to his car to head home.

 

            “Do you see that Fei!? He was so scary!” Luna couldn’t stop talking about the incident on the canteen.

            “I know Luna, I saw that too,” she said softly. They were now in the class and it was supposed to be Yifan’s time but the president of their class informed of their teacher’s absence. So the class was on free time and noise everywhere.

            Fei rested her head on the desk with her arms and turned at the window’s direction. It wasn’t hot that afternoon just like her feelings now. It was shady just what she was feeling right now. She was worried of Yifan and she couldn’t wait to end their class. After the incident, she received a message from Yifan telling that he was not feeling well and decided to head home. She asked what happened but he didn’t response to her text.

            Fei headed home immediately after her class. But instead of asking Yifan what happened, she locked herself in her room. Because she just couldn’t talk to Yifan about it! She doesn’t want to be yelled by him since he was so scary a while ago just what Luna said. As if he would end up killing someone right that time. It was the first time she saw Yifan liked that. She knew him as the man who could control his temper for so long but what have had provoked him to do that?

            She was pacing trying to think for a good way on how to talk to him. She was on her deep thoughts but got startled when a knock was heard in her door. She was frozen to her spot knowing for sure that it was Yifan.

            “Fei let’s eat.”

            “Y-yes I’ll be there in a minute,” she answered back and heard his footsteps fading away. She was nervous for an unknown reason.

            “Stop it Fei! He’s not mad at you, you shouldn’t be afraid of him! He won’t bite and you know that!” she scolded herself. Fei composed herself and headed to the kitchen. There he was waiting for her to arrive. The table was already set; maybe he asked one of their maids to do the setting.

            And they started to eat in silence. Yifan was back to his old self again, cold and scary. Fei couldn’t help but felt sad since she thought everything would be okay between her and her husband.

            She wished they would back just liked the past few days.

            

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long ~~ delayed by my thesis and everything...

ENJOY!