Repairman

Repairman

                A mysterious massive weight was suddenly on your stomach causing you to wake up from your slumber. You opened your eyes to see a familiar blonde and black dual haired guy sitting on top of you.

                "Get off," you said annoyed and tried to push him off of you. He pretended you were stronger than him and easily tipped over and lightly landed on his side on your legs. You squirmed your legs underneath him and continued to push him away. "I'm not in the mood for this. Go home, Kisu."

                Kisu sighed and stood up. He sat down on the floor next to the couch you were currently resting on. He poked your cheek. "Let's go out today. And I'm not taking no for an answer anymore. You won't be able to get over him if all you do is mope around all day."

                You swatted his hand away. "You don't think I already know that? Even so, I can't bring myself not to." You rolled onto your side so your back was to Kisu. You felt him start to play with your hair. Someone playing with your hair was one of your favorite things and Kisu knew that. But he quickly stopped and soon he was pulling at your arm, urging you to get up, telling you that because you couldn’t do it yourself, he’d do it for you. And after a minute of refusal, you finally gave in knowing how stubborn Kisu could be.

                He dragged you into your bathroom and started up the shower for you while telling you to get ready. With that, he left to give you privacy. You sighed a slowly undressed yourself and then stepped into the shower, letting the warm water run down your body. It took you a few minutes to force yourself to grab the shampoo to wash your hair. You slowly rubbed the shampoo in your hair, using the pads of your fingertips to massage your scalp. Your hands dropped to your sides and you stood back underneath the water to let the water rinse away the suds of the shampoo.

                Now out of the shower, you wrapped a towel around your body and silently left the bathroom. Kisu was waiting for you outside in the hall. When he saw you, you could tell he was a bit stunned and maybe nervous and embarrassed to see you in the state that you were in. But he must have tried to shake it off or something because he took a hold of your shoulders and guided you into your bedroom. Kisu pushed you inside and closed the door, instructing you to get dressed. You forced yourself to do just that and you picked out an outfit that was something comfortable and plain. You didn’t care how you looked at all.

                “Are you decent?” He asked while knocking on your door.

                “Yeah,” you squeaked out and after Kisu made his way into your bedroom.

                He picked up the towel you were using before off the floor where you had let it drop to and stepped behind you. Kisu started to towel dry your hair until it wasn’t dripping wet anymore. He took your hair brush off your vanity and brushed your hair neat.

                “Perfect.” he smiled. “Now let’s go.”

                With his hand taking yours, he led you out of your room and towards the front door where the both of you slipped on shoes. He handed you your bag and he led you out to his car. You sat in the passenger side and buckled yourself in as he did the same to himself and started the car.

                “Where are we going?” You plainly asked as you watched the scenery outside of the car pass by in quick motions.

                “You’ll see.”

                Kisu the radio and a current popular song blared through the speakers. It made you jump because you weren’t expecting it to be so loud. He apologized for the music shocking you and he turned it down. He changed it from the radio to a CD and when the first song started playing, you looked over at him. The song was a song you had liked a lot. A little smile couldn’t help but come onto your face and you looked back out the window. You heard a little hum of the song and you knew that Kisu was humming along to it.

 

 

                A mall came into view as he pulled into the parking lot and he pulled into a spot that was as close as he could get to the opening on one side of the buildings. You both got out when he cut the engine and he held onto your hand once again when the two of you were near each other after exiting the car.

                This mall was one you used to frequent back when you would shop a lot with your girlfriends. It was a little surprising when Kisu pulled you into your favorite store. You didn’t think he knew that it was your favorite one because normally he didn’t like shopping so you had never gone with him.

                You browsed through the different racks of shirts and just peered at what they had. Kisu stayed beside you and asked if you saw anything that you liked. “Maybe a couple of things,” you said.

                “Let’s go try some on, then.” He took ahold of the few shirts and pairs of pants out of your hand the led you to the dressing rooms. He handed them back to you and you showed the worker lady how many you had. She handed you a number card that matched with how many items you had and then you disappeared into the dressing rooms.

                You tried on the outfits, but there was one certain shirt and pants you liked the most and worn them out to show Kisu.

                “Wow,” he mustered out when he saw you. “You looked really good in that.”

                “You think so?” You looked down at yourself to relook at the outfit and then back at Kisu.

                “Mmhm.”

                You went back to change back into your original clothes and when you came back, Kisu took back the clothes and handed the worker lady all the clothes minus the outfit you showed him.

                “Let’s go pay.”

                You nodded okay and went to the checkout with him. He laid the clothes onto the counter when it was your turn and you were fishing out your wallet to pay for it out of your purse but Kisu beat you by handing the cashier his credit card. You told him that you could have paid for it.

                “Not today. Today is your day so you don’t pay for anything.”

                “Umm, okay.” You halfheartedly replied, feeling bad that he was planning spending a lot of money on you when you perfectly had enough money to pay for things yourself.

                After that, your next stop in the mall was a hair salon. Apparently Kisu had already made an appointment for you and the two of you were coincidentally right on time.

                “Why are we here?” You wondered because you thought didn’t need a haircut. You quickly looked to see if you had a lot of split ends or something but you didn’t.

                “I figured that maybe it would be nice for you to get a new look and start anew with things.”

                You were a little confused with that but you decided to just take his word for it.

                The hairdresser brought you over to the sinks and started to wash your hair and condition it. Afterwards, you were moved to a chair right in front of mirrors and asked you what you wanted to do with your hair. You thought about it for a moment and told them to trim it some and a few other things. They cut it the way you wanted and even styled it the way you wanted, too.

                And like Kisu had said, you didn’t have to pay for anything. He paid for the haircut, too. You felt a little uneasy about it all, but you didn’t want to say anything because Kisu was trying his best for you and you know you’d that would annoy him. Stubborn really could be his middle name.

 

 

                “Do you want to get your makeup done?” He asked next. You denied that offer, thinking getting a new outfit and a haircut was enough. “You sure?”

                “Yep.” You nodded to go with your answer. “But food sounds good,” you mention when you felt your stomach rumbling and it made you remember you didn’t eat all day.

                “Okay, food it is. What do you want to eat?” You mentioned whatever sounded good to you that you knew was at the food court.

                Kisu told you to find a table to sit at and he’d get your food. When you sat down, you started to think about your ex and remembered a time when he took you here for a date. It wasn’t the best place for a date, but you still had fun. Your ex was another one that didn’t like shopping but you dragged him along and you remember you forced him to try on ridiculous outfits that made him look stupid. You sadly chuckled to yourself as you remembered the whole date as if just happened yesterday.

                ‘Why did he leave me,’ you thought. Your whole relationship with him was always fun, even on the last day of being together you had fun. Well, the beginning of it was fun, until he broke the news that he wanted to break up. After that, nothing was fun.

                Kisu returned with your food and the two of you began to eat. It was silent until Kisu brought up you had a smear of your food on the corner of your mouth.

                “Huh? Where?” You were about to pick up one of the napkins when Kisu was too fast for you to do anything once again. He leaned over and wiped it away with the napkin he was already holding for himself while he ate.

                “Got it.” He grinned at you and you replied with a little smile.

                “Thanks.”

 

 

                Now, the two of you were just walking around the mall, just window shopping. Kisu was the only one trying to hold a conversation and he kept on cracking dumb jokes to try to make you laugh. Some had worked and when they did, he’d give you this accomplished expression that made him look adorable.

                Another cute thing he did was that when both your hands kept on brushing against one another in the most clichéd way, Kisu keep the cliché going by holding onto your hand. You had looked up at him in question to why he didn’t ignore it like you were planning on doing but you didn’t get an answer you expected. He was blushing. You could see the embarrassment on his face and you didn’t know he got embarrassing over something like this. Hell, he was even less embarrassed this morning when he saw you in just a towel, or at least he acted like he was.

                “Hey, watch it!” Kisu pulled you into him and you were confused about what was going on. Apparently, you were about to crash into someone walking by who wasn’t paying much attention themselves. And that’s what you get for walking and not thinking about your surroundings.

                You were about to say your gratitude to Kisu for helping you but you noticed this glare in his stare that was directed to behind you. You were about to turn around to look who was receiving it but Kisu held you tight to him, preventing you from barely moving. He held you there for what felt like a few minutes, but was probably less.

                “What was that?” You asked.

                “Nothing.” Kisu avoided your gaze. “Let’s leave.”

                His attitude changed and you didn’t know why. Did you dare to turn back and look to see if maybe you could catch a glimpse of what had upset him? You shouldn’t have but you didn’t stop yourself from doing so and you could recognize the back of that figure that was walking farther away from you anywhere. The figure of your ex. And he wasn’t alone. A girl was hooked around his arm and her head was leaning against his shoulder as they walked. There was the reason for it all.

                Kisu tugged you harder to get you to go because you knew he knew that you looked and knew exactly what had happened. He didn’t mean to handle you so roughly but he wanted to get you out of there quickly and to a different place. You knew that.

 

 

                The both of you were sitting in his car now, not really sure of what to do now. You sat in the seat replaying what you saw over and over, almost on the verge of crying but you refused to. You absolutely refused to. But then why were they building up in your eyes? Why were they about to start their races of sliding down your cheeks?

                “Hey, now, don’t cry. Today’s your day. You can’t be sad on your day.” Kisu tried as his hand went to your face and he wiped away whatever was threating to fall with his thumb. He was doing that dumb clichéd crap again. You then were pulled into a hug that was kind of uncomfortable considering the two of you were still sitting in the car, but that was the last thing on your mind. Your forehead presses against his shoulder and you could feel his cheek on your temple.

                “Listen,” he said, “I’m your Repairman, alright? I’m going to fix your broken heart no matter what it takes so don’t worry.  You don’t feel like this for long because I’ll make you happy like I always wanted to but couldn’t because someone else had temporarily taken the job. All because I’m in love you with and have been for so long now, I don’t even remember when it started. So you can trust me. You can trust me to make you feel better. So just don’t cry over this. Like I said, it’s your day, your day to be happy and start being happy every day from now on. Maybe one day you can love me back, but I don’t care about that right now. I care about you not being sad anymore. I care about your smile. I care about your laugh. I care about your wellbeing and all this sadness is taking it all away and I can’t stand for it anymore. Please forget about him. Let me make you happy…Come on, I just said not to cry…” But you couldn’t help it; all this that he was saying was too much for you. You never knew he cared that much for you. Sure the two of you were close, but you didn’t know his feelings were that strong. These words now meant everything to you.

                “O-okay,” you stuttered, trying to talk through your tears. Your tone was weary as you continued, “I’ll allow you to make me happy. I’ll let you stay by side only if you make smile and laugh every day. Fix my aching heart, Mr. Repairman, please. Fix it for good. Fix it so it doesn’t break again. Promise me.”

                “I promise. I’ll make it all better, I promise.” He pushed you away and took his hands to cup your face. Kisu kissed your forehead, sealing the promise. 


if you didn't see, i was going to post it in parts then i decided against it so here's the whole thing! didn't end as i expected but it's not too bad (: and i decided against the because i didn't know where to fit it tbh. i feel like for this to have , there needs to be feelings for both parties otherwise it's bad ...which is what i like, but meh. and i kind of feel like the reader character was all over the place...hm. if you have any input, do tell (:
now it's time for bed because it's 5am and i've been writing all night and i have to work in 6 hours. whoops.