Nosy Distractions

Nosy Distractions

Hakyeon diligently scribbled down the numerous equations the teacher wrote on the whiteboard. He stopped short though as something, or rather someone decided to lean their head right on top of his desk. Strands belonging to messy dark brown hair as it fell in an unruly manner onto his organized notes. Hakyeon suppressed the urge to stab Jaehwan in the eye with his pencil; instead he opted for his signature glare.

 He wished looks could kill; he’d rather have the other boy plunging to the depths of Hell.

Jaehwan simply pouted, immune to the familiar anger directed at him. “Oh come on Hakyeon! What crawled up your and died-“

“Could you please remove your head from the surface of my desk before I do something irrational like punch you in the face with the tip of my pen?” Hakyeon interjected in a forced tone, feigning politeness. “We have our final calculus exam coming up soon and I really need to write down all the information the teacher provides for us, and I’m sorry if this is offensive but your nose is does nothing but block the whole whiteboard.”

His pout was accompanied with a frown while he crinkled his nose and Hakyeon almost felt his anger fade away, almost though. He sighed, rolling his eyes before trying his best to continue taking notes onto his papers while ignoring the soft strands being forced out of their way by his pen jotting down more and more mathematical theories. He could hear Hyuk and Hongbin snickering on his right side; once again, he suppressed the urge to throw his notebook at them or preferably his chair.

These were the times Hakyeon wished he’d begun in Wonsik’s class. Wonsik’s class that was somewhat normal and had Taekwoon with his shy but kindhearted personality that balanced with Wonsik’s outspoken and loud one, not to mention a teacher that actually saw what happened in their own classroom.  

The teacher, who still had his back turned to the class while he frantically wrote down number after number as if they’d disappear if he took the slightest break, was completely oblivious to the ruckus Jaehwan was causing to not only Hakyeon but also all the other classmates. Hakyeon clenched his jaw, effectively gritting his teeth together in the progress as he forced himself to not shout at the other boy for his rudeness. Certainly he liked Jaehwan, he was one of his friends after all, but there was only so much a quiet person like Hakyeon could take of a hyperactive one like Jaehwan.

Hakyeon abruptly stopped writing, setting his pen down with a light thud. He averted his gaze from the notes to lock eyes with Jaehwan, red burning in his vision. Although Jaehwan’s reaction wasn’t one of shock or fear, it was happiness and joy shining on his features as he finally received his attention.

It only added more fuel to the fire.

“Listen, Jaehwan.” Hakyeon whispered harshly, not wanting to catch the teacher’s attention. “Get your head off of my desk, or I swear to all the different spiritual beings in the world that I will personally kick your-“

His sentence was all of a sudden interrupted by soft lips pressing against his own. Hakyeon’s eyes widened, staring at Jaehwan’s brown ones that shone with mirth. Strong hands held a firm grip onto his hair as Jaehwan somehow managed to kiss him from his lying position, lips forming into a small smile as he pushed down Hakyeon’s head.

Hakyeon could ignore the fact that he enjoyed it.

He also could ignore the fact that it wasn’t bothering him.

Though he couldn’t ignore the sound of Hyuk and Hongbin’s laughter reverberating across the whole classroom.

He also couldn’t ignore the slip of paper slammed onto his and Jaehwan’s desks after class had ended, signalizing two weeks of detention.

Not to mention, Jaehwan’s nose, now that was a problem he could not ignore.