Final

『flowerhunter』

 

『flower  hunter』
 
Smiling to herself she walked through the field. Running her hands through the long strands of grass, feeling the silky petals of the small flowers in her hand. She found a place to sit in the middle of the the field and quietly laid down. Her eyes faced the sky, yet they did not see it—in her own world again. She smelled all the flowers, heard the wind blowing above her, felt the soil beneath her, yet she didn't see the crystal sky. She didn't even want to. 
 
"Ayumi!" She heard her neighbor's voice call out to her. "Where did you go? I know you're here, but your parents are worried again." His voice was a source of happiness to her out in the quiet field. 
 
She used her arms to sit up straight closing her eyes. "I'm right here Minseok." She said a bit shakily, still practicing the Korean language. Her family moved from Japan due her dad being unable to find work there, but he soon fell ill and her mother was only home every weekend. 
 
"Oh, there you are. You shouldn't run away like that you know." He said carefully approaching her. "You know your mom is leaving today." He knelt in front of her looking over her face. She looked towards his voice closing her eyes again. She stretched her arm towards him and rested her hand on his cheek. 
 
"That's why I came here." She quietly said. Minseok smiled placing his hand over hers. "Are you scared?" He tried to figure out how she was feeling but her face his all emotions. 
 
"It's not that. I just don't like to be alone. I know my mom has to work now too, but four hours away is too far. Especially when my dad is in the hospital." She looked down towards her feet and Minseok reached for her other hand pulling her to her feet. She looked surprised as he enveloped her into a hug. 
 
"But you know you're not alone. I'm right across the street Yumi." She smiled quietly at his word liking his nickname for her. He pulled back to look at her and saw her smile. "It's okay. I know you are." He nodded holding her hand to lead her back towards her house.
 
 
 
"It seems your mom has already left." He said not seeing her car outside. "Really?" She asked. "Ah that's okay. Want to come inside with me Minseok?" She squeezed his hand slightly and he smiled. "Sure, why not?" He lead her to the door opening it for her. 
 
"Aren't you cold wearing that?" He asked looking over her knee length lacy white dress. "Oh, I didn't realize this is what I put on." She felt the fabric with both hands as he shut the door. "And it's autumn isn't it?" She asked slipping off her shoes. 
 
"It is." He spoke quietly leading her to the sofa with a hand on her back. "Do you want to watch something?" She nodded sitting beside him. "Sure. Maybe a drama?" She smiled. "Of course." He the TV flipping through the channels finding a drama. 
 
Ayumi placed her hand on his sleeve listening to the show on TV.  "Can I.. Can I see you?" She asked him carefully. "Of course you can Yumi." He smiled pulling her up onto his lap. She was now sitting over his legs and he carefully took her hands in his own. She was face to face with him as he took her hands and placed them on his face. 
 
She closed her eyes and began softly feeling his face. She gently touched every place on his face she could find. He closed his eyes letting her "see" him. He actually hoped this would go on for awhile longer. 
 
After her hands slowed down slightly he wrapped his arms around her waist. She was again surprised as he pulled her so close to him and buried his face in her neck, inhaling the clean scent of her hair. She timidly put her arms around his neck leaning her head on his.   
 
They sat like that with only the sound of the TV for awhile before Minseok finally spoke up. "I know that I've never said this before, and I know you've only lived here two weeks... But I really love you Ayumi. You're so beautiful and kind. Sometimes you're quiet, but it's so peaceful. I know you're never going to see me like I see you, but just know I love you."
 
For awhile nether of them spoke. Minseok was worried he said something to upset her, but he got even more worried when he felt her body shaking. He realized she was crying and he pulled her back to look at her. "I'm sorry! Did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to upset you."
 
She shook her head holding onto his shoulders. "No, it's just... You're always too kind to me. And you don't even mind that I'm blind. That's something I never though I would find in a guy. I liked you from the first time you let me see you. Usually people are anxious when I see them, but you're so calm and patient. Not just with that, but with everything I try. You're always there to help me and I wish I could help you."
 
"Hey." He said wiping her cheeks with his hands. "You did help me. You helped me see that a person doesn't have to have a quality that you'd expect everyone to have. That makes you even more special and I love you for it. You can see me in a way that nobody else can. Okay?" He looked at her and she nodded. 
 
"I love you." He slimed at her. She looked towards him and smiled back. "I love you too Minseok." He cupped her cheeks slowly moving towards her and gently laid his lips on hers closing his eyes. 
 
 
 
 
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
 
HELLO! Thank you for supporting my first oneshot. I know the title doesn't make sense with it, but I was trying to convey she looked for flowers when she was sad. ^^; please criticize this! Tell me how to get better ~ love you guys <3