The Right Move

The Right Move - Taeyang

The rush of adrenaline, feet pounding against the ground, tears falling from your face like Niagara Falls, thoughts rushing in and out of your head, anger swelling with every passing moment, not knowing where to turn you just started to run. You sat on a bench overlooking the water as you pondered what had happened in the last hour, doors had been slammed, and voices screeched trying to yell over the other person, hearts shattered. You looked back to the very beginning of your relationship; you thought that you loved your boyfriend; you really did at the moment. You thought you had something together, but he couldn’t see past all of the differences that you had between him. You both had tried everything, more like you tried. By the end he didn’t seem to care, which broke your heart the most. You kept on thinking how different the relationship would have been if he just tried a little harder or cared a little more, but that only brought more tears to your eyes and crushed your heart more so you couldn’t breathe.

You began to walk aimlessly towards a happier place, you began running through all of the places that you could talk to someone: Home? Nope. Friends? Nope, they had left town for the week.  Your place? Nope, no one was there to talk to. Boyfriend? Never.

Then an idea came to you, one of your friends was still in town, he had to finish his paper for college, you could go to his place and stay there with him. A thought did cross your mind that you could be intruding because you have only been friends for a couple of weeks, but at this moment you just needed somebody to talk to. You walked to Taeyang’s place, tears still rolling down your cheeks as you plugged into your music. You tried to forget what happened but it never left your mind.

Knocking on the door you found yourself being scared, you didn’t want to be rejected again, you started to get worried when you heard his dog bark and footsteps that were coming closer to the door. The clinking of the locks were beginning to bring up all of the emotions that you had felt only hours before. Swinging the door open trying to keep Boss from going outside, he looked at you in shock. He brought you inside,

“Why are you here, _____?” Taeyang began to question you as he locked the door and brought you a box of tissues.

“I just… I just…” you started to whimper and cry silently. “…wanted somebody to talk to” Taeyang nodded and showed you towards the couch, you sat down and started to cry like you had done before on the bench. You fell into Taeyang’s shoulder not realizing what you had done until you sat up again after a couple minutes of crying, “sorry… I didn’t mean to…”

Taeyang cut you off, “No, it is ok; I would have done the same thing.” He looked at you with his big brown puppy eyes and his smirking smile. He stood up from the couch, “would you like something to drink like coffee, tea, water, hot chocolate?”

“Hot chocolate, please” you softly said, you sat there and petted Boss as Taeyang warmed up the hot chocolate.

Taeyang came over with two pure white mugs and handed one to you. It was so warm to the touch like his smile and so comforting like his hospitality. He sat next to you on the couch and brought over a blanket for you as well.

“So you wanted somebody to talk to?” Taeyang invited you to speak as he listened intently on what you were saying. Periodically you would start crying while you told your story, Taeyang would wrap you in a hug and rub your back and you would clench onto him until you were done with the crying episode, throughout your story every time without fail he would be there comforting you. By the end of your story, Taeyang’s white shirt was dabbled with tear spots from him pulling you in close so many times.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean for all of this to happen.” You started to feel ashamed that you came and burdened your new friend with your problems.

“It is really ok, you were hurt and you wanted somebody to talk to.” Taeyang reassured you.

“I best be going now.” You looked towards the clock as did Taeyang as you stood up.

“You are in no condition to walk home and didn’t you say that all of your roommates are gone too. I can’t let you go home alone.” Taeyang paused “Why don’t you stay here tonight, and if you wanted somebody to talk to you wouldn’t have to travel.” He made you chuckle under your breath.

“Thank you” both of you bowed and Taeyang went and grabbed some extra blankets from the bedroom and set them on the couch.

“I will take the couch since you are in such bad condition.” He smiled at you and he showed you the house.

“Thank you,” you bowed to him and he put out some clothes that you could change into; he left you to his room as he made himself comfy with Boss on the couch.

Around midnight you couldn’t sleep, for you were thinking about your ex-boyfriend, so you sat up in the bed a lamp and started whimpering and crying again. A couple minutes later Taeyang opened the door slowly and came walking in with just shorts on and Boss leading the way. He sat on the bed next to you leaning against the headboard.

“Why are you crying again? Did he really hurt you this much?” you nodded your head as Taeyang spoke. Taeyang engulfed you in another hug as you turned into his shoulder crying again. “You don’t deserve him, if he makes you cry and doesn’t do anything to fix that, you don’t want him anyways. There is no reason to cry over him, for he never had your heart. If you wait for the guy that makes you happy and he never wants to see you cry. That is the guy that you need in your life, the jerks will fade with time but the true guys will stay in your heart forever.”

You, Taeyang and Boss spent the rest of the night talking and just enjoying each other’s presence. In the early morning hours you fell asleep on his muscular yet secure arms. Taeyang stayed there watching you sleep. You awoke and he was still there admiring you.

“You are just so beautiful. I cannot believe that one guy can make a beautiful woman like you fell so hard, and make you so sad and scared. Any guy would be honored to have you as his girlfriend.” You just stared at Taeyang as he spoke but a small smile crept on your face, not knowing what to say, he pulled you in for another hug. “You can stay here as long as you need to; I am always available to talk if you need to.” He kissed you on your forehead.

He got up and went to make breakfast you followed him into the main living space. The doorbell rang and you opened the door and it was your ex. He held out flowers that he bought you. You looked to Taeyang for help. Taeyang walked over to the door scanned him and saw what he brought you and stared at him.

“How did you find me here?” Your feelings began to dwell inside of you again

“I looked at your apartment and you weren’t there then I contacted some people and I found you.” Taeyang walked over, “I see how it is…” your ex began to get protective, “I would have thought he would be the last person you would see.”

“No, you are!” you blurted out, your ex staring into your eyes, tears started to form and fall along your face.

“Mr. you just need to leave. NOW!” Taeyang yelled as you ran to the bedroom.

“Ok, you can keep her. She isn’t much to look at but…” your ex started to be a jerk, more than he was before.

Taeyang slammed the door in his face and ran into the bedroom, where you were. Bundled in a corner, you sat there crying. Boss came over to you and your hand; you petted Boss as you began to cry harder. Taeyang came over and picked you up and set you on the bed.

“You told me… you told me didn’t you” you came back to reality. “I guess I was blind.”

“I have made mistakes too; you can move on and start fresh now. He has left you for good and I can make sure that he will not hurt you again.” Taeyang faded towards the end, wiping your tears off of your cheek.

“How will you do that?”

“By being your friend and making you feel better than he ever made you feel.”

“You would do that for me?”

“I would do anything for you.” Taeyang’s voice became really shy and comforting at the same time. His brown orbs penetrated yours as you started to fall for him. He kissed you on your warm cheeks; goose bumps ran up and down your spine as he moved his lips from your cheek to your lips.