Missing You

Missing You - Seo In Guk

Trudging up five flights of stairs was the last thing you wanted to do when you were so tired. You slowly walked up the stairs trying to advert your mind but you wanted to do is to go home and kick up your feet and just release the stress you had been holding inside of you for the past couple days now. You kept climbing the stairs until you reached your floor. You walked to your door, you put your hand in your purse and you looked for the keys to your apartment. You knocked your head back and closed your eyes and made a groaning noise hopping that you could find your keys. You looked back to the door reaching for the spare key that you kept on the top of the door frame. Your eyes found a slightly cocked sticky note hanging on your door. You removed your hand from the top of the doorframe and peeled the note off of the door.

Hey,

I lost my phone and I would really love some help, would you mind coming over?

~Seo In Guk

You looked up and down the hallway and slid your fingers over the note that he had handwritten and placed on your door. One more stop and then I will be in for the night. You thought since he was your best friend and he only lived a couple doors down from yours. You walked up to his door and gently knocked, you stood there waiting for a reply for some time before you decided to knock once more. You heard some scrambling from behind the door and bare feet pounding against the hardwood floors. He opened the door with a depressed look on his face.

“Annyeoung” You greeted him whilst he opened the door, his mood changed and he suddenly had a rather large smile on his face now.

“Annyeoung, ___________. Did you get my note?” He smiled and welcomed you into his apartment. You held up the sticky note and took off your shoes.

“So where have you started looking?” You asked as he helped you take your purse and coat off

“I started in the bedroom but I didn’t get far, then I tried the living room but I decided to watch a drama instead.” He began to confess.

“Let’s start in your bedroom then” You said as he led the way. He opened the door as you gazed at the epitome of the man’s bedroom.

You started by looking around the tables and dressers, you picked up the clothing and placed it on the floor, you started to clean up his things subconsciously.

“You don’t have to clean, you just have to look.” Seo leaned on the doorframe watching your meticulous hands go to work with his jewelry.

“It just helps me look I guess” you confessed as he walked around you and grabbed the hamper from the closet, he began to clean up his clothes that you put on the floor. You watched him in the mirror as he cleaned up things from the floor, shaking out his clothes in case his phone was hiding. After a couple minutes you finally finished with his jewelry and headed to his bed side tables, you organized those as well. He had the floor all cleaned by this time with no success.

“Will you help me make my bed?” He stood up on the other side of the bed holding the ruffled up comforter. You nodded your head and grabbed the other side. You pulled the sheets tight as he placed the pillows just so on the bed. Before you knew it you were finished cleaning his room without any trace of his phone.

“I will move into the living room, if you want to do your bathroom.” You offered as he saluted to you and you headed into the living room. You started with the entertainment system that he had, you looked behind every frame and picture that he had. Then you moved down by his movies, you organized those as well, you picked up the spare blankets around the room and placed them on the couch, you fixed his magazines on his desk. Then you though it could have fallen under the couch. You bent down and looked under the couch. He emerged from the bedroom to find you lying on the ground; he gently stepped on your causing him to burst out in laughter. He gently eased himself down to your level under the couch.

“What ‘cha doing?” He said with a playful voice

“Looking for the phone that my best friend had lost” You brought to his attention once again; you turned your head to face his under the couch. You rested your head on your hands and began to close your eyes. His finger touched your nose and you smiled as he smiled as well. He got up from under the couch and pulled you out by your legs.

“Wae are you doing?” You yelled as he pulled you from the confines of the undercarriage of the couch. He stepped on your once more when you finally sat up and sat on the couch. You placed your head in your hands that your arms rested on your knees. He had disappeared.

“Come and find me!” He called; you smiled and ran around his apartment trying to find him. You walked into his room. You looked around his room and then left to try and find him in the kitchen. You ran with your feet pounding on the wood floor as you looked through the cabinets that he has hidden in before. You looked in one of the cabinets and felt someone pick you up around your waist.

“Aiiiiishhhhh, put me down.” You squirmed in his arms. He set you down on the couch and crouched between your legs.

“Well, well where could the phone be?” He said as he steadied himself with his hands on your lower thighs.

“Do you have it in your pocket?” You questioned as you leaned forward closer to his face, he started to blush as you began to smile. You placed your hands on his, and pushed him up.  You stood up being a nose away from him. You felt his warm minty breath on you face as you looked up at him.

“Do you know where the phone is, Seo?” You said as you were mesmerized with his eyes and the way his hair laid on his face.

“I do” He said with his voice as a smile came over your face and his.

“Then where is it?” you asked breaking your stare from his eyes and you stared at his pink perfect lips instead

“It is closer than you think.” His hand began to rub against your lower arm

“Are you giving me hints now Seo?” You said as he raised his hand a little higher on your arm. Your heart began to beat faster as he moved in a little closer than he was before. You brought your hands up by his chest playing with your fingers as he brought you in for a hug. He held you close to his chest as he began to sing.

Well the world just lost two lonely people
The world just lost two broken hearts
The odds were against us but baby here we are
In our own little place in our own little corner
This old cold world just got a little warmer
For the rest of my life I’m gonna hold you in my arms

If we never get rich on what money can buy
It don’t matter to me I’ll tell you why
I’ve got it all when I’m holdin you this way
I live to love you
I’d die to keep you
Safe inside these arms that need you
I’ll be loving you with the very last breath I take

He gently rocked you back and forth as he sung, as his voice became more and more passionate, more devoted, more persistent than you have ever heard it. You wrapped your arms around him and gave him a hug after he was finished. You both pulled away slowly, he rested his hands on your shoulders as you rested your hands on his hips.

“I have wanted to do that for a while now.” Seo breathed out as he closed his eyes, you looked up at him

“Oh so you have lost your phone for a while now?” You chuckled as his face broke into a smile as well. He retracted his hand from one of your shoulder and pulled out his phone from his pocket.

“You had it the whole time?” you looked at his phone and then his devilish good smile that you had missed

“Yeah, I guess I just needed an excuse to see you again.” He confessed as you pushed away a little not knowing where he was going with this.

“You were using me to clean your apartment?” Your arms fell by your sides as you searched his face for answers.

“No, I didn’t expect you to clean my apartment, it just kind of happened like me falling in love with you. It just happened, I saw you in the hall every day and when I would see you, you always looked so much prettier than you did before. I saw you with your ups and downs and you were still as beautiful to me as the days before. I saw you exhausted after work and I thought that you could come and hang out with me.” Seo crouched on the ground as you sat on the couch.

“Thank you, thank you for the much needed break from everything.” You looked at him as his hands returned to your lower thighs, you smiled as he did. “I guess I have fallen for you as well, I thought that we were best friends tonight. I thought that I could be better off in my apartment trying to drown my sorrows and stress through ice cream and dramas, but now I realize that being with you is better than all of that combined.”

“How about I take you out to dinner?” Seo said as he stood up and held out his hand for you to accept

“Love to..” You grasped his hand as you both walked out the door. He put a kiss on your rosy red cheeks as you stood up from the couch.