its over (edited)

girlfriend

She sits at the corner of the club, took a sip of her alcohol and watches her friend dancing like a maniac on the dance floor. Her friends did invite her to dance with them but she refuse. She prefers sitting on the table, drinking as much she can rather than dancing on the floor and look like an idiot. Honestly, she doesn’t even want to be there. She was planning on staying at her apartment, wrapped up in her blanket and cries herself to sleep. Just like always, but her friends just don’t take ‘no’ for an answer. Well, they don’t really ask whether she wants to go or not.  They just simple barge in her apartment, pick her outfit for her, force her to wear it, drag her out of her apartment and ta-dah~~ here she is.

She appreciates their efforts though. She knows deep down that they are doing this for her. All they want is to lift her up from her misery and bring back the cheerful Eunyoung back. Besides, they are not the only people who wanted her to be happy, she too wants herself to BE happy but she can’t. Not without him by her side. He was her strength before and still is. She has been trying her hardest just to pick herself up again but it’s hopeless. She knows that it had been six months since their break up, but she just can’t seem to move on.

She is absolutely drunk that night. Her friends have to send her home since they don’t trust the drunken Eunyoung to go home all by herself.

Once home, she just lie awake on her bed. Her mind is in a dazed right now, so she can’t afford to think properly. The clock on the table beside her bed shows that it’s already 1.30a.m. She stares at the clock, then at her phone. Absent-mindedly, she grabs her phone and started to dial a number. She stares at the number for quite awhile before pressing ‘call’.

Ring~Ring~ “Please. Please, answer it” she whispers hopefully.

“Yeoboseyo??”

Her eyes widen when she hears his voice. She jolts up in a sitting position while still holding her phone closely to her ears. She can’t believe it. It’s really him. She still recognizes his voice. Besides, how could she forget? That’s the voice that used to say sweet words to her. How she missed that voice.

“Eunyoung? Are you still there? I know it’s you. Why are you calling me?”

It’s not that I had anything to say to you, I just wanted to hear your voice

She hesitates before she can muster her words. “Seyong..oppa, I.”

“Eunyoung-ah, if you want to talk can you call some other time? I’m with my girlfriend right now”

At that very moment she felt like someone is inserting a knife on her heart and twisted it. She can’t believe her ears. Did he just say girlfriend? Did he? Really?? NO!! This can’t be. That’s not what I wanted to hear from him.