Just What I Need

Just What I Need - Minho

“What are you doing here?” Minho stared blankly at you as you stood in the doorway to his dorm.

“Who is it Minho?” Jonghyun asked as he rolled over on the floor, to get a better look at who was at the door. Minho moved in front of the door opening so that Jonghyun couldn’t see you.

“Oh nothing, I will take care of it.” Minho said as he slid through the crack of the door closing the door behind him. You moved back giving Minho some room to walk out into the hall. He leaned against the door frame as you nervously moved from side to side looking down at your antsy feet. You knew if you looked at Minho you would lose what you solemnly promised that you would keep before you came over.

“What is it?” Minho looked at your distressed figure as you looked up and down the hall. Tears threatened their release from your swollen eyes as you tried to compose yourself.

“He’s gone” You whispered as you slowly looked down at your feet, “He’s gone” you repeated as tears fell from your eyes. Minho dipped his head down to your level to see your tears fall to the carpet that lined the hallway. He cautiously walked up to you and put his arms slowly around you. Your back heaved as you let everything out into Minho’s shoulder. You found some strength within you to reach around his muscular torso and hold him closer. Your gathered his pale shirt into your hands, his hands wrapped around you as he held you closer.

“I’m sorry” That is all that he replied while he held you in his arms. He didn’t need an explanation, for he knew what had happened.  You started to calm down after a little while. He rested his head on yours as he gently petted your head and your silky hair.

“I have something to show you. Would you like to see it?” Minho felt your breathing return to normal as you let your grip go slightly as you pulled away. Your bottom lip protruded as another tear made its way down your cheek. His hand rested on your cheek as his thumb gently ran against your perfect skin and wiped the fallen tear from your complexion. You nodded slowly as he let his hands fall into your hand. He led the way as you slowly walked behind him.

He led you out to the street where he led you through a maze of sidewalks before leading you to an old park. It was in a small grove of trees that encased the laughter and playfulness that only children can grasp. The old aluminum slide, the creaky swings, the merry go round that you have sat on so many times before, the weather stripped wood on the playhouse and the old tire swing that hung from a large oak tree in the middle of the area; there were no lights that lit the space, it felt so abandoned so like you on the inside. Minho turned and looked at you with childish eyes. Your eyes made their way around his perfect face once more before you could feel a smile peeling onto your face. He smiled back brighter as he pulled on your arm. You walked into the abandoned playground, memories flooded back of your father and you playing here so many years before. You stood in awe at the amazing present that Minho had placed right before your eyes. Minho’s hand slipped right out of yours as he moved behind one of the swings. When you wanted to thank Minho you looked around for him, but you couldn’t find him. You walked around the tree to find him standing behind one of the swings.

“Can I push you?” Minho asked with a smile on his face. You walked over as you snickered as you sat in the swing. His strong arms rested on your mid back as he pushed you slowly at first and then you picked up speed. You held on tight as each time you came back to him he always pushed you with the same strength and comfort as you father used to. You closed your eyes as you moved back and forth with each cycle. Minho moved to one of the supports of the swing as he allowed the swing to slow down naturally, eventually causing you to stop. He slowly walked up to your paralyzed body that was thrown back into a ton of old memories. He knelt down and pushed your hair behind your ear.

“Hide and Go seek?” He asked as he rubbed the back of your hand, you snapped out of the trance and nodded taking you by the hand. “You count first” He left you there by the supports as he held your hands up to your face and gently covered your eyes.

“Hana… Dul… Ses…” You heard footsteps loudly and then disappear as you climbed in numbers. “Ready or not here I come.” You walked around looking under the slide and around the merry go round. You started to go towards the tree line when rustling came from the large oak in the center of the park. You walked to the tree, leaning on the bark gazing up into the winding layered branches. Minho climbed down a couple of branches before jumping off of the lowest one to the ground.

“Found you” You announced as you touched his nose with your finger. He slid his legs on the near tire swing.

“I think you found something else…” He smiled at you as he played with the tread on the tire swing. You felt a warm sensation rising in your cheeks as you looked down, your smile slowly fading. Minho extended his arm and gently lifted your chin with his finger.

“Tag you’re it!” He tapped his finger on your nose and he ran off. You ran behind him, tapping him on the back after he got out from the grasp of the tire swing.

“Now you’re it!” Minho yelled as you already took off. You climbed the rickety stairs to the aluminum slide; you heard Minho’s footsteps approaching. You stood at the top of the slid and gently lowered yourself onto the slick surface. A pair of arms s around your stomach as he pushed off. His legs wrapped around the outside of yours as you reached the bottom of the slide. He leaned back once you stopped on the landing of the slide base. You leaned back onto him, raised your eyes to the sky with all of the hundreds of twinkling stars.

“They are all so beautiful” You breathed out as you laid your hands on his

“Not as beautiful as you” Minho said as he chuckled looking at you with his perfect dark orbs. You sat up as his hands slid around your waist.

“Thank you, you always know what I need” You turned around and hugged him; you rubbed your head against his soft pale shirt as you closed your eyes. His hands ran over your back, calming you, making you forget about your loss at least for a little while.