Apiphobia.

Apiphobia.

 

- Hyuk, DongHae called, my mum called and she would like us to go there and have dinner with them, my brother and his fiancée, what d'you think ?

- It could be a good idea, I haven't met your parents in a while Hae, do we have to bring anything ?

- No, it's okay, just go prepare and don't wear anything too hot, we're eating outside.

 

 

      Pronouncing this sentence out loud, knocked some sense into him. Summer was already settled here, and all the bugs coming with is, as well.

 

      HyukJae who had begun to climb the stairs suddenly stopped.

 

« Excuse me ?!, he asked loudly, do you expect me to eat outside when all these bugs are flying everywhere around me ? Please don't tell me you actually forgot. The same damn thing happens every year, I just can't stand to go outside. »

- I'm sorry baby, I didn't think about it, I was actually so excited to go there and meet my family, we couldn't make it because of our respective jobs until then, let me cancel it, Hae calmly replied, sounding a bit down and disappointed. »

 

 

     Sensing the tone in his voice, HyukJae went back to his lover and took him in his arms.

 

« I'll try to make it, he uttered, just for you, he murmured as he kissed his lover's neck, but you have to promise me one thing, you'll have to protect me from all of these awful wasps »

 

     As the younger nods, HyukJae pecked his lips.

 

« Thank you my savior.

- Everything for you, my love. »

 

 

     Since everything was settled, they both went upstairs to prepare, HyukJae even tried to style his lover's brown hair, not because he was one good hairdresser, but rather because he loved touching the brown locks of the younger everytime he could.

 

      Even if he was kind of reassured DongHae had promised to protect him, and DongHae had always hold his promises for the last 5 years, he wasn't acting or anything, he really had developped a huge fear of wasps, and to him the only solution, and the safer one, was fleeing. They had, several times, tried to have romantic dates at the park during summer, they had tried to eat outside enjoy the beams of sun, but it was the same story over and over again. Everytime a bug was flying around, HyukJae couldn't control himself anymore, he panicked, most of the time ending being a crying mess locked in their room.

 

     He even tried a therapy once, he really put his heart in it, so he could make DongHae proud of him, for once, but it didn't work, at least not for wasps, he didn't really fear bees and bumblebees anymore.

 

      He didn't want to seem stupid in front of his in-laws, so he had promised himself he won't back away this time, and stay calm, as everyone had always advised him before.

 

     To be well protected, he had picked a grey v-neck tee-shirt, with long sleeves of course and if he could have, he would have worn a scarf, but it was too hot and it would have been to suspicious, he looked at himself in the bathroom's mirror, in front of which he had been standing for a while, trying to grab some courage, exhaled and went down stairs, where the brunette was waiting for him.

 

« Can we go ? The latter asked.

- Yes, he breathed.

- Do not worry, you know that I am here, right ? »

 

 

      It took them less than an hour, to make it to DongHae's parents home, and since DongHwa and his fiancée were living on the other side of the country, they had already been here for several days. They wasn't gathering for any reason, just the pleasure to be all together, even though, YunJi, DongHwa's fiancée, felt a bit awkward around the two other lovers, she wasn't homophobic or whatever, but she wasn't feeling at ease when they were all lovey-dovey. That's why the two had learnt to restrain themselves, besides even with DongHae's parents being very open-minded, HyukJae wasn't really at ease either exposing his relationship with DongHae in front of his parents.

 

      They were welcomed warmly as always, HyukJae was quite happy because the weather wasn't so hot, and he knew his most feared enemies won't be present anywhere near him. He sighed in relief, and then went to greet everyone present.

 

      His mum in-law invited them to sit at the table, nicely set outside, DongHae had bought his mum flowers, and she had the GREAT idea to put them in the center of the table, of course it was pretty, but HyukJae knew it wouldn't help at all to have a peaceful meal, without ay panick crisis. He still tried to forget it, to please his lovely boyfriend, and his family, who ha surely missed him as much as Hae did for the past months.

 

      They started drinking a bit, HyukJae just asked for water, any sweet drink wouldn't help him either. He had taken the habit to avoid everything that could make wasps come. Everything went perfectly, until the started to have dinner. It was already past nine in the evening, but the sun pierced through the thick layer of clouds, and as DongHae's father was bringing along with him every piece of meat he had grilled on the barbecue, HyukJae noticed a wasp flying around, it was more like it was trying to spot food or anything that would please them, his glance focused on it. It was the same as for spiders, if you can follow their moves and know where they are it's ok, but the thing with wasps, is that they were really insisting, all the time, they were chased, came back, were chased once again, came back, one was killed, crushed under a magazine, another one was coming five minutes later. The fear HyukJae felt was cause by the whole thing, you couldn't get rid of wasps so easily.

 

      HyukJae was too focused on watching the wasps, which was still flying around the table, but still high, that he didn't hear everyone asking if he was alright, but the second later, his worst nightmare happened, the wasp had noticed the steaming food in his plate, and had decided to come closer. His hands graped the edge of the armrests of his chair, he breathed heavily. The wasp had settled in his plate, he just backed a little, lifting a little the chair.

 

                                                                                 Breathe in. Breathe out. Stay calm. He said to himself.

 

       But as the bug approached once again, he backed so violently that he ejected his chair, hid behind DongHae who had stood up, the second he saw his lover's face printed with panick.

 

« Excuse us mum, we'll be in my room for a moment, HyukJae's not feeling well

- Go my son, it's okay, come back as soon as he's doing better, she said in a tender way »

 

        DongHae just nodded, and took the petrified black-haired lovely guy he had as a lover bythe hand and lead him to his old bedroom.

 

« Stay here for a while, I'll comeback right away »

 

         As HyukJae grasped his wrist in panick, he kissed his cheek and whispered « You ydon''t have anything to fear here, I made sure there weren't any here and the windows's locked, okay ? » he then went to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of water and returned to his lover. And what a shock he got, when the previously, calm, but petrified HyukJae, was now the worst crying mess he's never seen. He had seen the older make crisis a good fifty times, but this time DongHae felt like there was more to it. He went to the other's side, and tried to take the other's hand off of his face.

 

« HyukJae, he said without any response, Hyuk … he pleaded, tell me what is wrong, I've never seen you like this. »

 

        As he only got a sniff as a reply, he scoot closer to his lover, and hugged him tight.

 

«  Y- you- your parents, HyukJae tried to explained as he couldn't get his breathing properly

- Shhhh, there is nothing to worry about, everyone has fears baby »

 

       The older one just bent his head even more, mouthing thousands of sorry, feeling very guilty and ridiculous.

 

« There is nothing to be ashamed of, Love, you did your best, you even had a therapy, it's true we never explained my parents, why we were, mostly coming after or before summer, but it's okay, you know they won't mock you or anything, and same goes for DongHwa and his girlfriend., we'll find a solution, come with me, and please, do not cry anymore, you know how much it breaks my heart. Besides I'm very proud of you, usually you totally refuses to go outside, even for five minutes, but today we stayed almost half an hour without any incident, and I'm sure you would have make the entire dinner if this annoying wasp hadn't come that close. But from now on I have an idea. »

 

        As DongHae was comforting him with his words, HyukJae had little by little calmed down, until the point that only his red cheeks and puffy eyes were there to testify how hard he had cry, his breathing was steady, and no more tears were to be seen.

 

         The brunette, let him some times, because he knew HyukJae wouldn't like to appear like this in front of his in-laws, and went downstairs, to explain everything to his parents, but before he could reach the ground floor, he saw everyone waiting for him.

 

« Apiphobia, right ? asked YunJi.

  • Right, how do you know ?

  • My sister suffers it as well, I think HyukJae's pretty courageous, my sister never put a foot outside during summer.

  • He made a lot of efforts today to come, knowing that we were eating outside.

  • You're wrong honey, retorked his mum.

  • May I know why ?

  • We're not eating outside anymore, we all saw that HyukJae had left because of the wasp, and YunJi has explained us everything about her sister, so we're not eating outside anymore.

  • And now I understand why you were always declining our invitations between June and September, added his father.

  • I guess we're unmasked now, said a voice from upstairs, I'm sorry, he uttered, as he bowed ninety degrees. »

 

       Finding him too cute, and being totally understanding, DongHae's mum opened her arms and motionned for his son's lover to come in between, and as mother as son, she comforted him, explaining him, as DongHae had done, that there was nothing to be sorry or ashamed about.

 

         They quietly finished dinner inside of the house, closing the windows to every bugs who would like to take part of the dinner they were enjoying together.

 

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

         The idea DongHae had evoked wasn't only consisting of having dinner inside. It was already past midnight and they still hadn't had dinner, DongHae had made a little lie to his lover, saying he really wanted to cook today, but still had some works to finish, he guided his lover to their bedroom and told him to rest. Once he was sure HyukJae was sleeping he prepared everything, he put a blanket on the grass, lit normal candles and also ones against mosquitoes, so they won't be bite by other annoying bugs. He took the basket in which he had prepared their dinner and went upstairs in their bedroom again. He watched how peacfully his lover was sleeping and smiled. The last five years had passed and their love was even stronger, and they could really tell they were caring for the other.

 

« Baby, it's time to wake up ~ he murmured in the other's ear, as he had bent a little

  • Hmmm, the older replied, sounding very tired.

  • I'm sorry to take you out of Morphée's arms, but I've got a little surprise for you »

 

     No matter how tired he was, HyukJae's eyes still lit up at the word surprise.

 

« But first of all, you have to wear this, he said, as he handed him a blindfold »

 

        HyukJae wore it, asked DongHae to tie it, he didn't even hesitate, because he trusted DongHae so much, he then took his hand, and the brunette led him, very carefully to the garden where everything was settled. As they stopped walking, HyukJae wanted to get rid off the blondfold, but the younger prevented him from doing so.

 

« Wait a minute, I've got some things to say. He grabbed the other two hands and intervined their fingers together. First of all, I know I've talked to you a lot about romantic dates in the summer, in the park, in a field, riding horses, having a picnic anywhere in the grass surrounded by flowers, I'm sure everything's still on your mind, even if I said that years ago, I know you feel guilty because we can't have everything, you think I'm dreaming of, but I have more, I have you, and I have dreams of romantics dates that can fit the both of us, a picnic in the night, surrounded by candles, observed by the stars, and lighted by the moon that would make your face shines even more than it already does, a walk in the snow, or during the autumn, in the forest with all these different colors on the trees, having a chocolate milk on a cold day in front of the fireplace, I'm not asking for more, I want you the way you are, I've never desired for you to change, becaus eI love you the way you are, you are perfect to me, I wish that you would remember this forever, and never doubt yourself. Never think you can't please me because of this little detail. He withdrew the blindfold from HyukJae's eyes, look, the stars are shining even brighter for us. »

 

      HyukJae just scooted closer, his head in his lover's neck.

 

« You, he breathed as he kissed the brunette's neck, are, he continued as he kissed his jawline, perfect, as his lips, unexpectedly landed on the other right cheek »

 

        DongHae almost grumbled, but he felt the other's lips on his left cheek, Thank, he knew where the last kiss would be and already bent over a little, you, as they kissed lovingly.

 

 

 

 

         Even if you can't overcome your phobia, there are still solutions, and the person whom you love, and who love you back will always find the best ways to make you happy despite what you fear.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Thank you for reading everyone, I hope you liked it, I'm sorry it's not that great, I haven't written in a while, but yeah sometimes I still feel like writing a bit, so if you liked it please tell me ! ^^