A Dance

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will you dance with me?”

Yiru’s eyes widened before she relaxed again and smiled. “We are project partners after all. I think a dance would be a good end to our partnership.” She let go of Lay’s hand and reached for Baekhyun’s hand.

Lay grabbed hold of Yiru’s arm to stop her. “This isn’t a good idea,” he whispered harshly.

“Relax, Lay,” she said as she shook off his grasp. “Baekhyun and I are partners. There is nothing to be suspicious of.”

She then turned to Baekhyun with a smile and took his hand. Baekhyun smiled back at her and led her away to find their own spot to dance. They held each other closely and began to sway to the soft music.

“Finally,” Baekhyun sighed. “I’m with you.”

“My courageous mate,” Yiru whispered lovingly.

“I’m helpless when I’m with you. I tried to fight the urge to come up to you and take your hand.”

“I’m glad you didn’t,” Yiru said with a small smile. “Otherwise we would have never been able to share this moment together in public.”

Yiru stared deeply into Baekhyun’s eyes as she fought the temptation to lay her head down on his shoulder while they swayed slowly to the orchestral music. Baekhyun gazed back at her with eyes filled with passion. Suddenly, his eyes turned their bright shade of blue, a common occurrence when one common occurrence when there is a strong connection between mates. Yiru smiled as her eyes turned scarlet red to return the passion Baekhyun exuded.

The pair began to garner some attention, especially from the members of Exo-M and Exo-K. Kris, who was off to the side of the dance floor with Luhan, could not believe what he was seeing. His grip on his drink grew stronger to the point where the glass began to shake in his hand. Luhan noticed this and placed a hand on the leader’s shoulder.

“What’s the matter?” Luhan asked Kris.

Without taking his eyes off of Yiru and Baekhyun, Kris answered seethingly, “Look at that. She’s supposed to be my partner.”

Luhan turned his head to the direction Kris was staring intensely at. He saw Baekhyun and Yiru dancing together and looking at each other passionately. He cocked his head to the side and contemplated. Then it dawned on him. It can’t be…

Luhan turned back to Kris and assured, “That’s nothing. They were partners for the Peace Project, so it’s natural to form some cordial relationship with each other.”

However, Luhan’s words had no effect on the furious alpha. “Even if we worked on some project together, they are still our rivals,” Kris stated. He took a step forward, planning to tear Yiru away from that Cinereo wolf.

Luhan noticed Kris’s movement and quickly held him back. “They aren’t doing anything wrong, Kris,” Luhan said. “They’re just dancing.”

“I’m just going to get my date back. What’s so wrong with that?”

With a sigh, Luhan let go of Kris and watched him stride towards Baekhyun and Yiru.

Suddenly, the song changed into a fast moving waltz. Baekhyun and Yiru stopped dancing and began to move out of the dancing crowd.

“Let’s get out of here,” Baekhyun suggested.

Yiru was quite taken aback from his words but still allowed Baekhyun to drag her through the crowd of dancing pairs and out of the large glass double doors leading to one of the balconies that lined the side of the ballroom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter