Protected

My Enemy, My Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week had passed since the Peace Project began. Baekhyun and Yiru had been working together to prepare the Cinereo trainees for their future careers in the defense department. However, the two wolves weren't exactly working together. Baekhyun and Yiru both succeeded in avoiding each other as much as possible for the whole week, only interacting when absolutely necessary. After the the tension they felt between one another on the first day, they both tried their best not to cross each other's paths to the point where they decided to split the trainees into two groups. Thus, for the whole week, they had been on opposite sides of the training center. The only time they ever talked was to discuss their plans for their own groups of trainees and the progress the trainees had made.

Yiru stepped inside the Cinereo training center to see Baekhyun laying down some extra mats on the ground with the help of some trainees. She dropped her bag by the wall and walked over to Baekhyun. "What are the plans for today?" she asked as stood beside him.

Baekhyun finished laying down the mat before facing Yiru. "We should test their hand-to-hand combat skills. One-on-one fights between the trainees. One trainee from my group versus one from your group. Let's let them warm up first though," he informed her.

Yiru nodded in reply before turning around to leave. She called for her group to gather around her to explain to them what Baekhyun had said to her a  moment ago. She then instructed them to go to the punching bag area to practice different fighting techniques. As she walked back and forth in front of the trainees practicing on the punching bags, her eyes wandered to the leader of the other group of trainees subconsciously. Yiru watched Baekhyun teach one of the trainees how to block an attack. The dedication was evident in Baekhyun's eyes and actions that even Yiru could see it from across the room. Despite the tension between the two of them, Yiru still felt a sense of admiration for the male Cinereo wolf. He was strong, dedicated, and loyal - all of the traits that made up a perfect mate, at least in Yiru's opinion.

"Teacher Yiru," one of the female trainees called out to get Yiru's attention. Yiru turned around and walked towards the trainee. As the week passed, some of the trainees had warmed up to Yiru and accepted her as a mentor in their training. However, a majority of the trainees still felt dubious and hateful towards Yiru.

"Am I doing this move right?" the trainee asked before landing a jab-cross-left hook combination on the punching bag.

Yiru nodded then advised, "Shift your wait a little more. That will make your left hook stronger and more effective."

The trainee nodded and thanked Yiru before returning to practice more punching combos.

Yiru continued to make her rounds along the line of punching bags, stopping every now and then to help a trainee. After about an hour of warming up with the punching bags, Yiru caught Baekhyun's gaze and they nodded at each other, signaling that it was time for the one-on-one brawls between the trainees.

"Alright, everyone," Baekhyun yelled. "Gather up." Baekhyun stood on one of the fighting mats with his hands on his hips. Yiru walked up to the mat and took her place beside him, making sure to leave some distance between them. The trainees gathered around them in front of the mat and waited for the two leaders' instructions.

"We will now start the one-on-one fights between the two groups. The two fighte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter