001

Best Leader
They sat in their favorite bar - it was cozy and cheap. All of them went there for their first beer together. They even could hear the chat between them in that time, that was still a little bit awkward, but with every sip of alcohol it became more and more comfortable. Then, they dreamed that after first single they'll become great starts just like H.O.T. members. That they would have most expensive cars, phones and clothes and they'll have everything for the rest of their lives. They haven't thought that after those years they would start to treat each other like family, like a thing that's the most important for them. 
 
And now, five years later, they were sitting on the same couch, drinking the same drink and even sitting on the same positions. But there wasn't anything to celebrate. They decided to leave their company, together just like they started. After some time all of them started to think - was it a good thing to do? What will they do if no one wants them together now? Were they already useless? Expired? 
 
"Guys" Eric started and brought everyone's eyes on him. "we're gonna make it. I promise you that everything is going to be alright." He tried really hard to sound sure, that he actually knew what was he doing but in reality he wasn't even sure himself. 
 
"It's gonna be alright!" Minwoo took the initiative, Eric was grateful. The dancer stood up and lifted his beer above his head. "We're SHINHWA! Nothing can break us apart!" Minwoo's little speech made the trick and the rest also stood up and finally smiled. 
Only Hyesung was sitting quietly in the corner, his beer untouched and mind in completely another place. His eyes were blank and he kept staring at the rapper for the rest of the evening. It was so intense that it freaked Eric out. 
 
After some hours it started to piss him off. What was his problem? Why was he acting like that? He didn’t say a damn word to Eric after they decided to stay together. And to be honest, it hurt him the most. Everyone knew that when Hyesung was silent he was overthinking and drowning in his own fears. And Eric wanted to make him feel better, he wanted to make him smile, and safe, and... his. 
 
When the guys went to the bathroom and to catch a cab back home he finally had some guts to approach the singer and talk to him. He took deep breath.
 
''Listen Hyesung-ah" he started softly "I don't know what's wrong with you but could you jus--'' he stopped midsentence, because of how close the singer was standing to him. Suddenly he felt really nervous. So nervous that his hands started to sweat. He studied Hyesung's face; from his shinning  eyes, pink cheeks and, oh, that smile. He was wearing the gentlest smile that Eric had ever seen on him. And Eric was sure that he could easily drown... 
 
In that smile. 
In those eyes. 
In Jung Pilkyo. 
 
His heart started to beat fast, so fast that his chest was hurting and whole world around him started to spin. It was hard for him to breath, hard to do anything when Hyesung was staring at him like that. 
 
“Pilkyo...” he wanted to say something just because this whole situation was killing him inside and he was sure that if Hyesung was going to just stand there he was going to get insane. 
“Pilkyo-ah, what's--“ and then something unexpected happened. Was it...? Was it really...? Yes, it was. 
 
A kiss. 
 
He didn't know when singer had leaned forward and put his sweet lips on his, because of all the intensity of Hyesung's stare and abnormality of this whole situation. Because everyone knew that Jung Pilkyo never initiate skinship, never hugged someone first and never, absolutely never, kissed someone because he wanted to. 
 
But he kissed Eric. 
From all people he kissed Eric. 
 
Rapper tried really hard to do or say something not just stand there like an idiot. So he opened his mouth few times, but no sound came out. The feeling of soft and cold hand brought him back to live. He looked down and saw that Hyesung tangled their fingers together. 
 
Was it really happening? 
 
“You're the best leader.” singer said and looked at Eric with shinning eyes. Eric was sure that Hyesung was trying really hard not to cry; his eyelids were already puffy and nose red. But he was smiling. He had the prettiest smile, Eric always thought like that, but this smile was different. It wasn't just happiness. It contained so many feelings; fear, tiredness, longing and... proudness. Yes, Eric could feel that Hyesung was proud. That he was proud of his leader, of him. 
 
"Thank you." Rapper whispered and was surprised, because he also was at the edge of tears. They still stood beside table, smiling to themselves with teary eyes. And no words were needed. Everything they needed to know was said through a kiss. Everything. Eric wanted to stay like this forever. 
 
He wanted to hold Hyesung's hand. 
He wanted to look at his pretty face. 
He wanted to make Hyesung proud again.