Practice

Practice

 

"Annyeonghaseyo my name is ________. I’m a new trainee at Cube Entertainment," you bowed to the gathered seniors of the company. You grinned shyly taking in everything, and all your seniors. Among them were Beast, 4minute, and others that had just debuted as rookies, they were also your sundaes. The seniors clapped for you as you bowed to them.

You always dreamed of being a singer and dancer.Now you were half way there, you were now a trainee at the entertainment company you’ve always wanted to work under. You joined the other trainees back in the line, then you all bowed together. After the welcome ceremony was done everyone went back to practicing. You made your way through the halls of the building to go to your practice room with a few other girls.

You immediately start practicing a dance routine you’ve been learning. After that you went to practice your vocals. You practiced a few scales, trying to sing as high as you could, but the notes had to sound good. The vocal trainer also made you practice a few songs to determine if you should be a main or lead vocal whenever the company decides to debut you. You were vocal training for a couple hours before you got to go back to the practice room to practice more. You always trained the hardest out of the other trainees, you were always the first to arrive and the last to leave.

____

For the past couple months your routine was after classes you would go straight to the company, begin with a cardio workout, then after a little break you would practice your dancing. Then you would head to vocal training for a couple hours and spend the remaining time practicing your dancing.

Also for the past couple months Yoseob, a member of Beast also one of your sundaes, noticed how hard you trained. Whenever he came to the company after schedules for their promotions he noticed all the trainees training hard. Bt what really caught his attention was when he would be leaving he’d see all the trainees leave as well, except for one. You. He would always watch you quietly from the window on the door as you practiced late into the night. A few times he followed you home to make sure you made it home safely. He admired your dedication to training.

After being able to watch you work so hard over those few months you were at the company he also noticed that you barely took breaks. And on nights you would stay really late, and he would follow you home, he noticed you never ate at all. He was so drawn to you just by your determination, and you were pretty as well. So, he decided one night he would put his nerves aside and buy you dinner. One night he would actually confess his feelings to you.

____

It was a friday night, you once again were practicing hard. Everyone left earl to go to the movies together and get dinner after. You were practicing a dance routine in one of the practice rooms. You played the song one more time, you moved to the music. The choreography so engrained in your mind, your body automatically did it without you having to think of the next move. YOu gave this run-through your all. After the song finished, you collapsed to the ground. You laid there proud of yourself as well as being completely exhausted, so you closed your eyes.

"Water?"

Your eyes shot open when you heard someone’s voice right next to you You saw your sunbae, Yoseob crouching down beside you with a water bottle in hand.

"Oh, Sunbae-nim," you sat up wide-eyed and bowed to him.

He smiled brightly and handed you the water bottle, “Drink some before you get dehydrated from practicing so much," he chuckled.

You nodded and took the bottle gulping down some, “Kamsamnida~"

He smiled and stope up, “Hungry?"

"A-Aniyo," you lied wanting to continue practicing. But just as you said that your stomach growled loud in protest. 

Yoseob chuckled and walked out the door and came back with two bags filled with take out food.

"I wasn’t sure what type of food you liked but I got different dishes," he said sitting in front of you.

"I-It’s okay sunbae-nim, I have to prac-"

"Ani, you’re going to eat first."

"But-"

"Nope. Eat." he commanded as he opened and placed the different food containers in front of you, then handed you a container with rice and chopsticks.

You knew you weren’t going to win this argument so you obeyed and started to eat. Yoseob smiled to himself as he watched you eat. You looked up and saw him just sitting there so you grabbed the extra container of rice and chopsticks and gave it to him. 

"You should eat too sunbae-nim."

He smiled and gladly took the food and began eating as well.

‘Why did Yoseob sunbae-nim buy me food?’ you thought as you ate some rice and kimchi, ‘I should ask him…’

"Sunbaenim?"

"Neh?"he looked up at you with his cheeks filled with food.

Seeing this made you laugh a bit, “Why did you buy me food? I really appreciate it but you’ve never done this before…"

He swallowed his food and nodded, “Neh I haven’t but I always see you practicing so hard and I wanted to do something for you."

You blinked and nodded eating slowly as you listened to him.

"You are one of the most dedicated trainees I’ve ever seen and met…" he said looking at you in the eyes, ‘and the prettiest’ he thought to himself.

"Thank you for buying me food," you smiled sweetly at him.

He smiled and nodded, “Do you want help with training?"

"Help?"

"Yeah, I was thinking, what if I help train you?"

"B-Bwoh?"

"Yeah I mean why not right? I could help you with everything and Beast is on break right now."

You grinned from ear to ear, “Chincha?!?!"

He nodded and you got up and hugged him. He froze from the sudden skinship as his heart started to beat faster then before he knew it you let him go. 

"KAMSAMNIDA~!" you smiled excitedly and bowed to him.

He blinked out of his little trance and chuckled, “It’s my pleasure~"

____

After the two of you finished eating and cleaning up your mess, you started practicing again. He taught you how to dance a bit smoother, he also showed off a bit in front of you by dancing. You smiled as you watched him dance for you. He also wanted to hear your vocals, so you sang “Halo" by Beyonce for him. 

He liked you just by your determination, also how pretty you were even in sweats and a t-shirt, but now after he heard you sing his attraction for you grew stronger. 

"Wah you’re even an amazing singer~!" he exclaimed clapping when you finished.

You blushed at his compliment, he smiled seeing how his words affected you. The two of you fell silent for the first time that night, none knowing what to say to the other.

Yoseob looked up at the clock, “Wow I guess it’s true that time flies by when you’re having fun…"

You looked up at the clock as well, “Omo! It’s really late! We should go," you nodded and went to gather up your stuff.

"I’ll leave first Sunbae~" you bowed and left to change back into your regular clothes. 

Yoseob followed you out of the practice room and waited for you to come out of the bathroom. You jumped when you seen him leaning against the wall.

"Sunbae?"

"It’s late, I’ll walk you home."

"I’ll be fine," you smiled and nodded.

"But a woman shouldn’t walk alone at night."

"It’s-"

"Come on let’s go~" he smiled grabbing your wrist and pulled you out of the building.

The two of you walked through the dark streets side-by-side. The whole way home you couldn’t help but start to fall for this kind, caring side you never see. He’s always has a playful and child-like image. But you really seen his true personality that night, and you learned that you really liked this side of him. After you arrived at your house you turned to him and smiled sweetly.

"Thanks for walking me home, Sunbae."

"It’s no problem ________."

You turned to walk into your house when he suddenly grabbed your hand. You looked back at him confused. He looked down nervously then looked you in the eyes. You just blinked not sure what was going on. Then when you least expected it he softly pressed his lips to yours. You slowly closed your eyes melting into the kiss.

"I like you… I have for a while now…" he said softly pulling away.