Two

Finding Happiness For You

At last, the bell finally rung. Soojung had enough of all the staring and whispers in the class. However, as much as she wanted to leave this room, she decided to stay after until the corridors would get a little empty from all these starving students creating a traffic in the halls.

As she patiently waited, her eyes turned toward the window. Even though it was Spring already, the sky still had a darker grey color today. The breeze brushed the new born leaves, making the whole a calming scene to watch.

Finally, now that only a few students were still in class and the hallways seemed quite empty, Soojung stood up and placed her bag on her left shoulder. As she step a foot out of the classroom, she headed toward the opposite direction of the canteen. Exploring the campus, that's what she'll be doing now-

 "Watch where you're going!" a deep voice grumbled as Soojung accidently bumped him when she wasn't looking straight in front. She slightly bowed to apologize but the boy walked off without sparing her a glance. Shrugging it off, she turned around and continued her way, hoping to not meet this grumpy student again.

After wandering around the whole period of dinner, Soojung was about to head back to class, when she noticed a room that caught her attention. It was probably the doors that attracted her attention as beside that, any room would've been the same for her. But even the doors weren't any more special.

Turning the knob, she slightly pulled the door, content that it wasn't locked.

Once inside, she carefully got in and looked around. A music room, that's where she found herself in.

An acoustic guitar was sitting upright, next to a bench. Slowing approaching it, she was mesmerized by the guitar's beauty. Crouching down, Soojung gently strummed the strings. With her great observing eyes, she noticed little clumsy carvings. SH, she read. Maybe they were the initials of the owner of the guitar, she guessed.

Now sitting in front of the guitar, Soojung pulled out a finger puppet from her skirt pocket. The little toy made of felt was old and a little used, but Soojung still kept it as her little charm. Of course, it wasn't the prettiest, nor the best, but as a child's art craft, it wasn't bad. Cautiously, she turning her head around to see if anyone was there. She sighed in content when the bell finally rung, indicating the beginning of classes. "Chanie, when will I see you again?"

It wasn't often, but she still had little moments when she missed her childhood friend. Besides, she was in Korea now, the possibilities of meeting again were much higher now. Putting the puppet on the floor, Soojung gave her attention back to the guitar. Carefully touching the strings, she wondered how it would've been if she had stayed in Korea instead of studying in Canada for long years.

Randomly strumming the instrument, she remembered how her friend used to play music for her. Smiling to herself, she nodded at the good memory.

"What are you doing here?" an angry tone interrupted the silence. Surprised, Soojung quickly turned around to be greeted with an irritated tall, but slim, boy. The same one she bumped earlier. At first sight, he's a handsome looking boy with pretty brown locks, but with his personality, Soojung didn't appreciate him, not even a bit, already. However, despite not being welcomed, she was about to apologize by courtesy, "I'm s-"

"It's you again!" the boy rudely cut her off, "Didn't anyone teach you not to touch other people's stuffs?"      

Soojung furrowed her eyebrows, not a bit satisfied of his accusing tone. No one ever dared to talk to her in that way. Scoffing, she looked at him with her usual cold glare, "Why? It's not written anywhere." Forgetting the carvings, she defended herself.

Rolling his eyes, the boy raised his eyebrow, "So you must be the new student?" he asked, but didn't wait for her answer to continue as he know the obvious response, "This guitar is mine. No one can touch it. And especially you with your filthy hands."

 She crossed her arms, still keeping her eyes fixed on his, "I'm sorry, my hands aren't a bit filthy."

"They are. Bacteria is everywhere, obviously your hands aren't clean."

Soojung raised her eyebrow, with a mockery tone, "Wouldn't that mean your hands are dirty too?" She shot back. Taken aback, the boy frowned at her reply. "Do you know who I am?" He furiously asked, trying to find a hint of fear to show his authority. "I'm Kim Himchan, the Kim Himchan. And you cannot touch any of my stuffs," he added.

Having enough of his childish behaviour, Soojung shrugged as she walked toward him. "How should I've known, I'm new here," she reminded him. This time, it was her turn to leave without waiting for a reply. She didn't wanted to deal with him any longer. "Yah!" He called her, but with no response, she walked off and disappeared as she turned the hall.

The moment she left of his sight, Himchan irritatedly sighed and walked to his guitar to see if she had damaged it in any way. Laying on the ground beside his precious instrument, an old dark green finger puppet. Scoffing, he bent down to pick it up, "How old is she to still play with dolls?" However, when he turned the toy around, his expression changed. Surprise and confusion was seen on his face. Frowning, took a closer look at it.

"...Ahn Soojung?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jajan! sorry for the late update ><
but before i end this chapter:

1) chanie = 찬이 pronounced as "chan - ee" just to let you know, haha. xP
2) you can see how the dolls look like [
here]. it's the one on the right. i find it so cute, and it can easily be made by a child so yeah, hehe!
please do comment and subcribe! ^^
~AngelicWhisper~