Their First Christmas

I Fell in Love, with the Wrong Person
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas Eve: 6:30 A.M.

 

"So how are things with you and Kai?", said Hyoyeon.

"Well, I have been dealing with school work and the cafe lately and Kai has been attending his practices; we barely see each other anymore."

"I am so sorry, Soo."

"It's okay; I mean, we still talk and see each other."

"Are you guys doing anything for Christmas, or your upcoming ten month anniversary?

"Probably not, but it doesn't matter anymore. Let's finish putting up the Christmas decorations, or Chanyeol will kill me for 'lack of Christmas pride' in the cafe."

"Okay."

As Sooyoung started putting up the ornaments on the tree, she came across a mistletoe. Sooyoung instantly thought of their first date: when he gave her her favorite flowers - baby's breath, when he told her how pretty her smile was, when he drove her home, and when they almost had their first kiss. Sooyoung sighed at the thought. She always wanted to save her first kiss for someone special; if only Tao didn't call Kai that day right at the moment about practice. After Sooyoung hung up the mistletoe on the ceiling, she felt her phone vibrate.

"Who is it, Soo?"

"Kai."

"Shouldn't you answer his call?"

"He will be okay."

Later that morning, Chanyeol came for his shift with Sooyoung. He was surprised by how much work she put in to decorate this cafe. He saw all of the lights, the presents, the stockings, and the tree, which had Sooyoung on her tippy-toes trying to put the star on top. Chanyeol smiled, walked over, stood next to her, took the star, and put it on top of the tree for her.

"Hey.", the shorter one of the two said.

"Hi."

Sooyoung smiled so bright as Chanyeol looked into her eyes. They both had no idea how close they were to each other. It wasn't until two seconds later it hit Sooyoung about how she had a boyfriend and how awkward it was.

"So how do you like the cafe, Chanyeol?"

"It looks nice. Well done. How long did it take you?"

"With the help of Hyoyeon this morning, about four hours."

"Wow, you must tired, huh?"

"Yeah, I woke up at four just to do this, but it's fine."

"I think you should rest; your shift will end at twelve today."

"Are you sure? I mean, it's Christmas Eve! Don't you want someone to spend it with you?"

"Aren't you spending your's with Kai and friends?"

"No, he's busy. We haven't seen each other lately, so what do you say?"

"Stay as long as you like, leave when you like."

With that said, Sooyoung ran up to Chanyeol, gave him a tight hug, and started taking an order for an incoming customer. Chanyeol could only laugh at how silly and adorable this girl was.

"Don't you know I still care about you?", he whispered lightly.

Meanwhile, Kai continuously called and texted Sooyoung, but she never answered. He was at one of his Wushu practices with his friends and he was worried about Sooyoung. It had been so long since he saw her face and hugged her. He hoped she wasn't getting sick with this season's cold weather.

"C'mon, Sooyoung. Pick up."

"Are you alright, dude?", said Minho.

"Sooyoung isn't answering my calls, or texts."

"She's okay, man. Don't worry, I spoke to her yesterday and she said that she'll be at the cafe with Hyoyeon today.", said Tao.

"Are you sure, Tao? What if she's sick?"

"She's fine. Won't you see her later, anyways?"

"I don't know. We didn't make any plans."

"Good luck, bro.", Chen said as he patted the younger man's shoulder.

Sooyoung's and Kai's friends all had a plan: to get Sooyoung and Kai happy together again. They all met up at the park across the cafe right after Sooyoung left. Hyoyeon and Tao told them what happened to Sooyoung and Kai this morning. They were all shocked. How could a lovey-dovey coup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter