Taxi Driver.

Pop Kiss

My unfortunate appearance makes me grimace as I walk quickly from the studio. My baggy sweat pants were sky blue with puke-orange sunflowers sewn on top. My sweater clashed horribly with the hideous pants, it was feathered and green. It was quite possibly the most horrendous outfit I had ever worn, but I was cautious enough to cover my hair under a baseball cap and sunglasses. If I’m caught, I’ll just say I was testing the crowds for a new video; my stylist will back me up for sure!  

The other girls may not have made it out and I wasn’t going to wait for them. The members of Crayon Pop were close enough to be my sisters but that almost made it easier to leave them behind. Hailing a taxi, I try to avoid thinking about them. Maybe it was guilt but I’m pretty sure I was just nervous about skipping practice and running from my manager. The taxi stopped and an aging man rolled down the window.

“Is a fan cab all right for the madam?” I must look a lot older than I thought. I nod and jump in the back. “Where are we headed?”

“South until you hit 40,000 won.” He his head but then puts the taxi into gear. The drive is practically silent until I spot some familiar faces. “That’s m-Crayon Pop!” I say excitedly. The driver fiddles with his dash and mirror after glancing back casually.

“Who is your favorite group miss?” The grey haired man asked kindly. I smiled, but thought a moment.

“Definitely Crayon Pop.” I say, a little advertisement never hurt. He laughs and nods.

“They are quite good. Who else do you recognize?” He asks and I look around the taxi for more groups. The back of the first bench is covered in band stickers, probably left by the diehard fans that follow their favorite groups around. Stickers also cover the doors.

“Oh, there are so many, but Big Bang is really popular back here.” I say laughing. “I guess you get a lot of TOP fans.” He pouts a little, which is far too weird on an old man. “Who is your favorite mister?” He smiles and tilts his head.

“U-Kiss has got some catchy songs, my wife loves them.” He winks in the mirror and I shake my head. “What, you don’t like U-Kiss?!” He exclaims in disbelief.

“That’s not the case at all, I find them very entertaining, in fact, Eli is quite handsome, but-”

“ELI! What about Dongho? Huh, what about him?” He says facing me. I point back out the windshield as we speed right into a red light. I clench my eyes shut and tense waiting for the horrible crash. The brakes squeal as the taxi driver uses all his weight to stop the car. The force yanks me forward and my disguise tumbles to the ground. Another car passes by seconds later. I’m out of breath as I realize how close to death I’ve come.

The driver laughs.

I was too furious for words. The small glass barrier that separated us wasn’t small enough I was ready to strangle this man. Instead, I sat back and calmed down. That’s when I noticed he had stopped laughing. Maybe he was injured. I look up to find him staring at me mouth gaping. That’s when I realize my mistake. I forgot to put my hat and glasses back on. Grabbing them off the ground, I run from of the taxi not even paying the man. To my dismay he gave chase.