Final

A Night to forever

 

Dara finds herself standing in front of the full body mirror, staring at her reflection. Her curled hair framed her face beautifully but she felt that it wasn’t enough. She had already tied her hair in different ways in hope to impress the special someone but it didn’t look good.

Her cheeks puffed out as she tugged at her clothes. It was simple and casual , just the way he liked it. Her dainty hands reached out for a small glass bottle, about to spray some perfume around her neck when she remember his words.

I prefer your scent. No other women has it, only you.

The color red painted her pale cheeks as she remember that memory. She then started to stop wearing perfume. Whatever he would want, she would do.

Her hand tugged  at her curled hair, about to put it into a bun when she heard the door bell ring. Her feet ran to the door and quickly, she took a deep breath. Her hand smoothed out her clothes before opening the door.

“Hey, Kris.” Her lips formed a smile as her eyes laid onto the handsome man in front of her.

“Hey, Dara.” He grins, moving aside to let her walk out. She slips on a pair of flats and walks beside the man she loves. She suddenly felt self-conscious. What if she wasn’t looking so good? Did her makeup mess up? Did her hair go out of place?

“You look so beautiful. You always do.” Kris gently takes her hand in his, squeezing it to give her confidence. She always did, it was no lie. How could such a beautiful girl be so afraid of herself?

The blush on her cheeks had grew into a much darker shade. As much as she wanted to now cover her face from everyone especially Kris, she loved holding his hand.

“Thank you, you look handsome too.” She shyly whispered, her eyes staring at the grassy ground, not daring to look into the eyes of her lover.

They both walked in silence but it was comfortable. They didn’t need to talk to feel better, they just needed each other.

“Want do you want to do today?”

She looked at him thoughtfully, wanting to do everything but really. That was just childish.

“How about a movie?” She smiles and it only turns brighter when he agrees. They both go to the theater and he lets her choose the movie. Just hopefully, not a cheesy romance one or one of the movies that are supposedly tear jerkers. They do nothing but make him sleepy.

“I want to watch this one!”

Kris glances up at the girl, seeing her point to a vampire movie. Vampire movies? Since when did she like watching those?

“Is that okay?”

He smiles and nods, paying for two tickets. They both go to where the movie is showing and he doesn’t help but feel uncomfortable. He has this feeling that tonight is going to go wrong but he’s not certain that it’s the only feeling he feels today.

“Kris, are you okay?”

He looks at the worried girl and shakes his head. “I’m fine.” He’s fine in the inside but truthfully, he’s scared. Terribly scared.

The movie starts and it’s not quite bad. Everything’s good and he actually enjoy the movie. It’s only halfway when the vampire begins killing everyone does he have a bad feeling.

“Dara, are you okay?” He whispers quietly as he notices the girl shaking slightly.

“I’m fine...” He barely hears the whisper for the movie was terribly loud.

She’s scared.

Terribly scared.

That’s making him even more scared.

“Do you hate vampires?” His hand brushes a few strands of hair off her face to look at her better. His breath comes to a halt when he hears her answer.

“I’m not sure how I feel for them. Perhaps they’re truly kind and don’t hurt humans like us. Movies like these make them look so terrible.”

Her words are sincere and he knows that she never lies. He smiles quietly, kissing her on the forehead.

He’s decided.

He’ll tell her today.

 

“I have a surprise for you, is it okay for you to come over?” The girl smiles as she tugs on the boy’s arm. Kris smiles back and nods, getting their things. They walk back home in silence once more and he’s thinking of ways to tell her. He doesn’t want her to be scared. What would happen to the both of them of she’s scared.

“I want to tell you something later.”

In her mind, she’s wondering if she had done something wrong. She’s terrified. Had she done something to make him hate her?

It turns out that she had planned dinner for the both of them. Kris had been teasing her for not being able to cook so well so today, she proved him wrong.

“God, the food tastes so good.” He groans as he takes another spoonful of food into his mouth. She giggles as he’s eating so adorably.

The rest of the meal is full of laughs, feeding each other and talking about the past years they’ve been together. This was the best meal they ever had.

And he’s gotten a feeling that’s he going to ruin it soon.

“So, what did you want to tell me?” Dara’s looking at him with bright eyes. She’s excited yet scared. What if he was going to ask for them to break up? She hopes not but the other thing that she was thinking about was him proposing to her.

Her cheeks blush slightly as she thinks of it. She’s always wanted to marry him, to be with the one she love forever and ever.

“How do I say this…” He mutters as he’s fidgeting. He finally looks up at her and seeing those eyes, he doesn’t know how to break the news to her.

“I’m a vampire…” His eyes tightly clench together as he’s waiting for her reaction. Is she going to hit him or something? Or even worse, tell him to never look at her again.

“Oh…”

“And I think I should leave now…” His voice is full of sadness. He’s never going to come meet her. She’s never going to look at him the same way again.

He stood up, looking at her one last time before going to the door to leave. Perhaps it’s time to do the arrange marriage that his parents had been nagging him about.

“A human girl won’t do you any well. Leave as soon as you can.” They would always say.

“Don’t leave.” She whispers as she grabs onto his cold hand. He turns and they both look at each other, both not speaking. He doesn’t know what to say. Does that mean that she doesn’t care if he’s a vampire?

“You’re still the same Kris I know and love. Nothing changes even if you’re a vampire. We’ve been together for three years and I know you won’t ever hurt me.” She pulls him closer to her and wraps her skinny arms around his waist.

“I love you.” He manages to whisper, not daring to let those tears show.

“I love you too.”

He held her in gentle hands, taking her to the bedroom. She was living alone so they wouldn’t have to worry about anything.

He gently kissed her, their lips fit together so perfectly. She let out a soft moan when his hands began roaming around. Soon their clothes left their body and to the ground. The two body pressed against each other, looking at each other with loving eyes.

That night, the two lovers made love.