An Orange in A Rainy Days

Guitar, Dance, and Photography

hello ^^ i type this story while thinking about 10th chapter of "Dont Call Me Like That, Jung Daehyun!" since Myungsoo appear as cameo in that chapter. its kinda spin off from my main story. and if you're read my story, you'll remember, i wrote, Taeri have a date in 7th chapter, it's few days from that date.


It’s a rainy day. Myungsoo never have good mood in rainy days. Rainy days made him can’t walk around and take some photograph. Sometimes he wants to take a photograph under the rain, but since he’s still a student, Myungsoo don’t have enough money to bought water-resistant camera. He walk slowly on the subside with his black umbrella, didn’t know exactly where’s he want to go when something caugh his attention.

A short yellow haired girl stood alone in the bus stop. She would check her watch every minute pass, seems like she’s kinda busy. A strange feeling come to his heart, he felt he’s already saw those scene but he didn’t remember where, and who. Its takes a little bit long time till he remember that girl is the girl who kick him with her shoe in the cold park. He didn’t take second tought and walk to her.

“we can share the umbrella if you want” he whispered slowly when he’s closed enough from her.

She turn her head and stared confusedly at him, seems like she’s dint remember him. the girl didn’t reply his word and just turn her head back to the empty road. She checked her watch again, run her tiny finger in her hair in frustrated before shoot her head back to Myungsoo “you’re the death guy who I meet few days ago?” she asked cutely and bit her lower lip, he felt his heard beat in double speed than usual.

He nodded and asked her again if she want to share the umbrella, she nodded and smiled widely. They walk in the rain, side by side. He realized she’s little bit short than than everygirl he’s ever meet, her head just reach his shoulder. She wore lots of colorful bracelet that make a sound when one hit another as she moved her arms. Altought they’re walks in the rain, Myungsoo can smell her pefume, she’s smells like orange or lemon, something that reminds him about summer.

She told him she’s already late too the music class, when he’s asked her if she’s a singer she’s chuckled nad shook her head and said she’s take the music class just musical that her school made. They almost reach the destination when her phone ringing. She said ‘ne’ and ‘I understand’ few times, but slowly her expression changed into sad.

“wae?” he asked her confusedly

“they’re cancelled the class for today” she tried to made a smile but failed, he see the hint of sadness in her eyes.

“I can walk you home if you want” he offered again, in almost same sentence as he offer her to walk a while ago

“no, I’m hungry” she touched her stomach and pouted slightly “I glad if you don’t mind to accompany me”

“sure” he nodded his head.

They walk into the cozy porridge restaurant, two girl with red apron greet them in the entrance. Just a few people there and they took the table in the corner. After both of them order their meals, he pulled out his camera from his bag and made himself busy with his favourite gadged since he’s too shy to talk to her so close like this.

“Kim.. Myung..soo” he raised his head and asked her, how can she’s know his name. she just smile and pointed at his name tag made him more nervous than before.

“I didn’t even know your name” he said absent mindedly, not expect a red tint appear in her cheek.

“ah, sorry. Park Taeri imnida, firsr grade of TS high”

“TS high? That’s a precious school. When I’ve finish my study in junior high, I want to school there, but I didn’t pass the test” he chuckled to himself as their food reserved.

“and where actually you come from?” she asked while she’s start to ate her abalone porridge

“Wollim high, senior class”

She put down her spoon and raised her head to faced him “Wollim? Art school?”

“hmm” he nodded his head without looking at her, too busy with his porridge.

“you’re definitely have multi talent if you’re school there” she widened her eyes, amazed with they boy named Myungsoo who sat infront of her now

“yes, but I just know the basic. I’m concern in dance, photography and guitar”

“wow, we’re interest in same thing” she exclaimed, almost take the whole restaurant attention for her, but then she closed her lip with her palms before countinue talk “I’m a dancer too, and I have my attention in guitar for long time, but no one can teach me”

“I can teach you if you want” she chuckled again, realized that he used same sentences when he’s offer something.

Light conversation surrounding them, even when their meal finished and the rain already stopped. When she’s check the time, that’s already three hours since they step in the restaurant. She said she have to go home, but then he offered to walk her home, with same sentence again. When they’re walk to her home, he learn that she’s love to talk. Since she’s talk more than him, Myungsoo loved to hear her talk to him with happy face. She told him she’s wants to learn about photography too since she’s saw his great photograph. They’re to wwrapped in their conversation and not aware that they’re already infront of her home.

“thank you for today. I felt really comfortable to talk to you, and now you walk me home. I don’t  know how to thank you”

And suddenly an idea come onto his head “how about.. a free ticket of your musical?” he raised his brow

“ah, sure. But I don’t have the ticket now” she stopped for a while and then continued “give me your number, and I’ll call you if I’ve got the ticket.”

They’re exchange their number when she’s suddenly spoke out “how about thrusday?”

He nodded at her suggestion “okay, at the park. I’m always there in Thursday to take a picture”

“jinjja? You bring your camera? Can you teach me to take a good photo that day?” she said and made an puppy eyes, tried to melt him. didn’t know she’s already take his breath away since their first meet.

“yeah, but you have to paid me if you want me to teach you” he and instantly her expression changed into confused

“I don’t have much money, how can I paid you?” she said weakly

“uhmm.. since you’re comfortable to talk with me, how about your whole Thursday’s afternoon. Talk with me, about guitar, dance, and photography?”

And suddenly her face become red as tomatoes as she caught what he means. She nodded slowly, tried to hide her embarrassed.

He chucklead at her action “I have to go” he said clumsily. He takes a few step away from her and then turn back to her “I’ll call you tonight” he can see her red cheek while she’s waved her hand on him. he continued to walk away and start to thought “maybe the rainy days not bad as he think”