1. --milkshakes {luhan/aein}

White Carnations; One Shot Request Shop

#1

{--milkshakes  on Aug 4, 2013 22:03:59 says: luhan or sehun, aein, fluff + angst, a date or a confession or anything like that? }

x
main: luhan

fluff/confession

myroyalconfession



I was never what you called a bright child. Every person who knew me would probably think I was one, but I wasn’t. People make assumptions which was the reason why everyone thought I was happy with my life, but happiness was long gone since I entered this “elite” school.

Stress overwhelmed me, piled up homework undone on the computer desk, countless projects due the next day and of course people in school adding much more unnecessary stress to my problematic life.

A bunch of friends, not naming who, thought it was alright to just come into my life and leave every second when I was in need of a companion and or if I was in trouble or needed help. I wasn’t an introvert, I mean I was friendly I could make a couple of friends. But seemingly I usually befriend such… people who actually don’t really care for me.

For instance, this girl in my class constantly looks for me when she’s in need of something but leaves every time after getting what she wants.

Not that it bothered me a lot, it was just one of the many little problems that created and jumbled into one huge problem. Not to mention how biased, my mother can get towards my older brother. She would always praise him, even if he is the one in wrong. I would always be in trouble, even if I didn’t do anything wrong.

See my problem here?

Oh god, the bell rung, this means I have to face people. I dropped my diary on my lap and placed it in my bag.

I stepped out of the washroom and flattened my skirt, glancing around. The empty hallways made the school look almost deserted but you would still here the chatter of students that lingered around small corners.

I hummed to one of my favorite songs whilst walking to class. I was late but I could not even sense an ounce of guilt or fear of the later punishment.  

“Are you serious? Come on, dude. We’ll be late for class!” Someone groaned.

“We’re already late, so why not just skip class!” The latter scowled. I intended to ignore the giant fuss behind the lockers but curiosity got the best of me. I turned to see the school’s popular soccer players, Sehun and Luhan.

“Look, if you want to leave for class, go ahead. I’m staying here.” Luhan stated ever so seriously to the younger male, before roughly shoving him so the younger male would let go of him. Sehun looked at Luhan before frowning, “Aish, you’re so stupid, hyung. Get over her already, yes she cheated on you, move on, Luhan!” Sehun stormed off to class.

Soon enough, I felt a pair of eyes burning through the back of my head. I was caught. Caught by Luhan, he knew I was eavesdropping the whole time. He glared at me with those big eyes before opening his mouth.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Go! Go tell the whole school Hyeri dumped me, I’m not the super cool Luhan as you guys think I am. I was dumped by a chick who barely keeps her legs closed. I should’ve known right? I should’ve known that she would eventually cheat on me! I should’ve known that she couldn’t be trusted! God, Luhan, you’re such an idiot.” Luhan yelled in frustration, as he swiped his hands through his soft brown hair.

It was almost amusing how he mistook me for one of those girls who would spread such a sadistic story like that.

I contemplated on speaking up.

“You’re not an idiot.” I spoke. “You were just in love. It’s not your fault.” I continued. I didn’t exactly know what I was doing but I felt like comforting him was one of the right things to do. Considering, I had an effed up like and if I made someone feel better maybe I’d feel better.

Luhan looked up and eyed me. “You don’t even know who I am. Stop acting like you know me and tell me it’s not my fault when it clearly is. I trusted her and she lied to me. You don’t know shameful it is, for someone like me to be rejected. Me, Luhan, captain of the soccer team!”

“You are in fact right. I really do not know you, but I do know that it’s not your fault. Captain or not, you’re still human and you make mistakes. Mistakes are often made whether if it’s small or big.” I said, stepping closer to him.

His head fell onto the floor. “I just… I gave her everything.”

“Well… isn’t this great though?” I asked, smiling widely. “What’s great?” He questioned, puzzled by my sudden enthusiasm.

“This just means you’re one step closer to finding your true love!” I clapped my hands in excitement.

I heard a chuckle escaping from his lips. “See! You laughed!” I giggled. “Look, just forget about her. Besides this means you’re single! Go out and have fun, let her see what she’s missing! Look forward to your dream girl, Luhan! There are so many girls out there!”

He began laughing loudly before nodding his head. “I guess you’re right.”

“You guess? I am right!” I hissed, playfully.

-

And that was how I made friends with the one and only, Luhan. It was funny how Luhan and I became friends straight after that “misfortune” of Hyeri and Luhan breaking up. He got over it pretty fast considering he invited me out for coffee to vent out some things that he didn’t want to say to Sehun, in case the latter laughs at him.

We honestly had NOTHING in common, he liked soccer, I liked basketball, he liked those fast paced songs, while I preferred acoustic songs.

Befriending Luhan also meant meeting new people like his best friend, Sehun and a bunch of his soccer teammates. I had a hard time making friends with Sehun though because I had always thought he was kind of a delinquent, I mean that boy had different hair colours almost every day.

But who knew? Behind that stoic expression and often changed hair… he was quite the charmer. That one time when Luhan invited me to a special movie night with his friends, Sehun accidentally let out Chanyeol aka Luhan’s friend’s ferrets out. Let’s just say it wasn’t that pleasant hearing Baekhyun another friend of Luhan scream in the middle of the night.

It was months later till something ingeniously special happened…

“And then Chanyeol and Kai knocked into the wall! You should’ve seen his face!” Luhan cracked up while I stared at him in utter amusement.

“Wow, that was so funny.” I sarcastically stated.

Like every day, Luhan and I was skyping. He had changed his name to Prince Luhan, which of course made me giggle. “Prince Luhan, eh?” I teased.

“I am the Prince! Now bow down to me, you filthy commoner!” He exaggerated. I laughed at how adorable he looked.

“I don’t bow down to fakes.” I joked, rolling my eyes. “How dare you insult the Prince of Beijing!” He yelled aloud, I glared at him before noticing that he wasn’t at home.

I’d notice if he was at home, since he had those multiple SNSD posters on his walls. “Luhan, are you outside?” I asked, out of curiosity.

“Indeed I am!” He continued his prince faux.

“I’m on my way to see that someone special I’ve been talking to you about.” He giggled like a school child.

Oh right, his someone special. Apparently, Luhan here has a crush on some chick in school. But he wouldn’t tell me who she is? It’s not like I’m jealous or anything! In fact, I couldn’t care less.

It’s just the fact that… I didn’t want him to date someone like Hyeri…

“Oh.” I said disappointedly, I was surprised to hear how disappointed I sounded, I mean I didn’t mean to sound upset. Or did I?

“Uh yeah, be right back. I’m in her front yard!” He cancelled the call before I could even bid a simple goodbye. I frowned. Stupid Luhan.

To calm myself down, I headed down to the kitchen to grab a glass of milk. I scampered around the kitchen trying to find snacks to accompany my milk.

I left the kitchen to find my mother talking to an all too familiar brunette.

“L…Luhan?” I stammered, surprised to see the doe-eyed boy in the sitting room. “Aein! I thought you were in your room?” My mother said, almost sounding a bit panicked.

“Yeah, I was.” I briefly explained.

Luhan got up from the sofa before turning to my mother. “I guess now… would be great?” He muttered to my mother who seemed thoroughly excited.

“Go! Go ahead! I’ll just leave! Good luck, son.” My mother giggled before leaving the sitting room.

“Why did she say good luck to you? Oh my god, Luhan, is there another dance recital that I forgot about?!” I exclaimed, recalling the one time I forgot about his dance recital.

“What? No…  although you could’ve stayed in your damned room, because all this was supposed to be a surprise and now I don’t know what to do!” He muttered furiously to himself.

“Surprise?” I repeated, suspiciously. “It’s nothing. Why did you leave your room!” He yelled. “I just wanted some snacks!” I retaliated, offended that he was scolding me for no reason.

“Plan B. Go upstairs and change into something casual. Be ready by 10 minutes, I’ll wait outside.”

I nodded, a bit confused. I changed into a simple dress before meeting Luhan outside again.

“So, where are you taking me?” I asked. “Uh, to dinner.” He said, after shoving his phone into his back pocket. He seemed a bit fidgety which made me touch his shoulders to comfort him.

But instead, he flinched and jumped backwards. I came closer to see if I had accidentally hurt him, but he pushed me away before clearing his throat.

“I’m fine, now let’s go.” He rushed. He drove to the night market which made me puzzled.

“The night market?” I said. But before I could even comprehend what was happening, a bunch of strangers began lifting me up.

I took a closer look before widening my eyes. “SEHUN? CHANYEOL? BAEKHYUN? KAI?” I exclaimed, aloud.

“We’re not Sehun or Chanyeol or any of those Korean boys you mentioned. I’m Pepito and those are Niko, Adriano and Paklu, we’re the prince’s helpers!” Sehun, well Pepito said, after wiggling his eyebrows.

“Pepito? Paklu? Are you guys on crack?!” I shrieked, as they struggled to keep me stable on their hands as they carried me.

“We are not. We are from the humble country of Luhantopia, so if you could just sit back and enjoy the slightly bumpy ride then… that would be nice.” Kai, aka Paklu replied.

“I can see what’s under her dress.” I heard Chanyeol giggle. “Look away.” I said, gritting my teeth.

“YES, MAAM!” He said almost too fast.

“We are here, madam!” They announced as they let me go.

“How much did Luhan pay you guys?” I asked.

“Just 10 Luhan dollars.” Chanyeol replied. “I meant in real money, you idiot.” I hissed.

“I am not allowed to drop the act until tomorrow. As of today, I am Niko Martinez, for now I am leaving. See you later, Madam.” He waved, he and the other guys entered some building as they complained about how itchy the fake beards were.

I stepped into the restaurant they had dropped me off at before eyeing the whole place. My jaws dropped, the place looked so China palace-like, which I adored.

It was decorated like a palace in the olden days. I was amazed at how Luhan managed to do this. I knew it was Luhan since the other guys had been muttering words like, “Damn Luhan for making me do this.” Or “Prince Luhan my .”

“PRINCE LUHAN HAS ARRIVED!” I heard someone scream, most likely Baekhyun.

Soon, the curtains withdrew and Luhan came out smiling.

“Well hello there, pretty lady. What are you doing in this palace at such a fine night?” He smiled.

I rolled my eyes, “Well, my best friend kind of left me at the night market and not to mention I was carried by strange men that escorted me here.”

“HEY! WE ARE NOT STRANGE!” I heard Sehun yell.

“Not now, Pepito!” Kai scowled.

Luhan glared at Kai and Sehun before turning back to me.

“Well, I kind of promised you dinner so let’s eat.” He chuckled, pulling out the chair like a gentleman. “Why thank you, Prince Luhan.” I went along with his little act.

He smiled brightly before waving his hands for the waiter aka Adriano aka Baekhyun to come.

“Welcome to Luhantopia, what would you like to eat? Steak? Ok. ONE STEAK PLEASE!” Baekhyun screamed. I looked at him weirdly.

“I haven’t even ordered!”

“Well, we only have steak.”

“I thought I told you to order more so she’d at least have a variety to choose from!” Luhan mumbled.

“Well, the boys and I were hungry so just shut up and enjoy your steak!” Baekhyun growled.

Luhan glared at Baekhyun before turning to me, “We’re having steak.”

-

“I’m so full~” I groaned.

“I know, you ate like a pig.” Luhan joked.

“Oo! Fortune cookies!” I exclaimed as Chanyeol served us a plate of fortune cookies.

“Let’s take turns to read it, I’ll go first.” Luhan said, before cracking open a cookie. “Your future awaits you.” He read aloud.

“Well that was a stupid fortune.” I mumbled, before cracking open mine.

“Would you be…” I read aloud. “That’s it? “Would you be” is my big fortune?! WOULD YOU BE WHAT?!” I exclaimed before pouting. “That’s the most stupidest fortune ever!”

“My princess, Aein?” Luhan mumbled.

“What?” I said confused.

“Would you be my princess, Aein?” He repeated. “It was supposed to say, ‘would you be my princess, Aein?’” He repeated again.

“What does that even mean?” I heard Chanyeol mumble to Baekhyun.

“Since, I’m the Prince of Luhantopia, would you be my princess?” He explained.

I looked at him dumbfounded.

“Are you confessing to me?” I blurted out before covering my mouth, in shock. I mentally scolded myself for being an idiot.

Luhan inched closer and nodded. “I am, in fact confessing to you.”

My heart pounded twenty times faster before I grabbed my glass of water and gulped it down. Luhan stared at me in awe, wondering what I was doing.

“Uh, Aein?” He called out, after seeing me gulping down the whole jar of water for the past 10 minutes.

“Yes.” I finally said.

“What?” He asked.

“I’ll be your… princess?” I awkwardly stated before scratching the back of my head.

“FINALLY! WE CAN TAKE OF THESE STUPID BEARDS!” Sehun cheered.

“REALLY?!” Luhan cheered. “OH MY GOD!” He started jumping around and embracing each and every one of his “helpers”.

Luhan immediately engulfed me in a hug before placing a small kiss on my jaw. “Thank god, you said yes. Or it would’ve been so embarrassing.”

“You were right. I was one step closer to finding my true love.”