Rain Rain Go Away

Heart Attack

Pit Pat Pit Pat

The rain poured from the sky as Baekhyun looked outside.

"Wow, it sure is pouring isn't it?" Baekhyun asked as he pressed his lips against the rim of his mug and sipped his coffee. "Wow this coffee is bitter." Baekhyun stuck out his tongue and shook his head.

"The news said it would continue raining all night." Jieun said as she finished chopping the onions at the kitchen counter. She wiped her hands with her arpon and opened the refrigerator door. "Damn, we're all out of milk." Jieun sighed as she closed the refrigerator door with her hip. "I guess I'll have to go out and buy some then."

"You're going out in this weather? Are you crazy? Let me go instead." Baekhyun said and placed his mug on the table coffee in the living room. He jumped over the couch and ran to the front door where Jieun was slipping on her jacket.

"Stop spoiling me, it's just rain. It won't kill me and besides, I'm just going to the super market down the road. I'll be fine. Trust me." Jieun zipped up her jacket and grabbed the umbrella leaning against the wall. Baekhyun sighed and crossed his arms. He knew he wouldn't be able to change Jieun's mind. She was as stubborn as an ox.

"Come back soon, alright?" Baekhyun said softly as he took Jieun's small hand in his and kissed her ring finger where they placed their promised future together. The silver ring sparkled on her finger and fit perfectly.

"Of course. I'll be back real soon." she smiled as she opened the door and left.

"Although she said she would come back... It feels like she won't..." Baekhyun whispered to himself. No, I shouldn't be so paranoid. He shook his head and returned to the living room and coffee mug. He flipped on the television and seated himself on the couch.

 

 

"Why the hell does it have to rain on the day that the new series of Naruto comes out? Aw, I should have just waited until tomorrow! I'm such a babo!" Chanyeol scolded himself as he stepped harder on the pedal of his old bicycle. "Ugh, stupid rain." He tsked and pulled the hood of his hoodie over his head more, keeping one hand on the handle bars. He stopped pedaling and stared at the figure before him. A small, petite figure, brown luscious locks, and a pretty face to fit it all. Wow, she sure is pretty... Chanyeol thought as he tilted his head to the side for a better look. Hey, what's that bright light behind her? It's coming closer...

The bright lights closed in as Chanyeol threw his bike and ran to the girl. Loud honks and tire screeches echoed through the rainy streets. Several cries could be heard as many dialed the police and ambulance.

"Hello? 911?! There was a car accident! Please help!"

"I need an ambulance right away! Two people were hit!"

The cries of strangers filled Chanyeol's ears. Why is it so loud... Chanyeol turned his head slightly and saw the girl lying still. Puddles of blood forming around her. Ugh! Chanyeol clentched his chest and coughed up blood, staining his other hand. Damn... Is this it for me? His eyes fluttered closed as the loud street noises fazed out.

 

 

"A semi truck seems to have crashed into two pedestrians. There conditiions are unknown although they were both severely injured." The news reporter spoke with a sympathetic voice. "The accident occurred not long ago near a super market, the two pedestrians are said to be a male and female. The female is petite with brown hair, she is identified as Jieu-"

Click.

Jieun. She was going to say Jieun. Baekhyun's eyes grew wide with fear.

"It's fake, right? It's just a prank... A bitter prank..." Baekhyun let out a nervous laugh. "She said she would be back. She said she would come back..." His whispers slowly became louder, filling the empty house with Baekhun's shaking cries. He squeezed the mug tighter and silently took another sip. "This coffee is really bitter..." Baekhyun said. His hands shaking as tears silently fell down his cheeks and into his bitter, cold coffee.