Two

Boy Number Two

Author’s POV

“Kim Jongin.” _____ said it too loud. Now her friends are watching her.

The boy number two. Kim Jongin, but _____ used to call him Kai.

“Wait. You know each other?” Seunghyun asked her.

“I.. I.. uhh..” _____ stuttered because she doesn’t know what to say.

On the other side, Kai is trying to hide his shock also but he managed to keep his straight face.

Being _____’s bestfriend for years, Junhee knows that her friend is in panic. She quickly pulled _____’s hand and took her away from the boys.

“Now tell me why you’re shocked to see boy number two?” Junhee asked when they’re in the library.

_____ sighed. I don’t want everyone to know. It’s only my past. I mean, he’s my past.” _____ mumbled.

“Wait. Past? You mean as in your ex? You said you never had any boyfriend!”

“It’s not just a simple ex, okay. Calm down. I can’t tell you today. I promise I’ll tell you tomorrow.” _____ explained.

“But what’s the difference between today and tomorrow. Wae?!” Junhee screamed until the librarian shushed her. But _____ only walked away. It looks that she’s been thinking about Kai.

When it’s time to go to class, _____ accidentally saw Kai, then she quickly look away. She just realized that Seunghyun and Kai are in the same class.

Great. Now I can’t freely come into Seunghyun’s class again.

 

[]

 

“Fck! I’m late!” _____ cursed when she saw that it’s 7.24 am. She ran to school with the power she got and still, she’s late. Mr. Jung told her to go the detention and after 2 hours, she’ll wash the dishes as the punishment.

I knew I shouldn’t be thinking about him last night. She thought.

How she wanted to run away when she saw Kai in the detention. There’s only her and Kai. She feels like she wanted to go home.

After she took a breath, she sat beside him.

“Both of you, wait here until it’s time for your punishments.” Then Mr. Jung went out.

She misses him so much. It’s been 2 years she never saw him. She doesn’t have the courage to start the conversation.

“How are you?” Kai suddenly asked. But he didn’t face _____.

“Umm.. I’m good, I guess. And you?” She replied him in awkward.

“Still thinking of you.”

“Aren’t you being too honest, Jongin?”

Then Kai faced her which made _____ shocked.

“How’s Hyori?” _____ asked him again.

“Why did you ask?”

“I don’t know.”

Kai chuckled. “You haven’t changed a bit.”

“You too, Jongin. Why are you here? Why you’re so sudden move here? Don’t tell you’re still mad at your mom and dad.”

Kai shrugged. “I didn’t do well in my previous school.”

_____ scoffed. “The genius Jongin didn’t do well? Tell me why.”

“Because I’m mad to mom and dad for breaking us apart. This isn’t the era for matchmaking. Why they suddenly told me to date Hyori when they knew if I had you that time?!” Kai explained in anger.

_____ leaned back and she started crying. “I don’t know either. But what I know is that I miss you so much and I don’t have the courage to call you.”

 

[]

 

Kai and Hyori are eating the fancy restaurant. Just the two of them. Both of them are suffering in their parents’ decision. Kai that’s still in love with _____, Hyori that loves Kai so much and hates it because her parents choose Kai for her. She prefers someone who loves her like the way she loves him back. But she’s feeling sorry for Kai also because she knows he’s suffering until he didn’t do well in his school for his rebellious act.

“I met _____. She’s in the same school with me now.” Kai started up the conversation. A sensitive conversation to be exact.

“Oh really? How is she?”

“She said that she missed me. And I say that I miss her too.”

Hyori only kept silent because she doesn’t know what to say.

“I’m sorry, Hyori. But this really doesn’t work. It’s been 2 years we’re forced to be together yet we don’t love each other.” Kai finally said his problem.

“It’s you that don’t love me. I love you, Kai. But I know that you love _____. I think it’s better to tell our parents the truth. Let’s go home now.”

“I’m sorry, Hyori. You’re definitely gonna find someone that way much better than me.” Kai said and hugged Hyori.

 

[]

 

After the day she went to detention with Kai, _____ feels like she doesn’t want to live anymore. She doesn’t want Kai to appear infront of her anymore. Seunghyun and Junhee can only cheered her with humors and snacks.

“Cheer up, girl. Let’s go noraebang tonight, okay?” Seunghyun said. But _____ only shook her head.

“I need to talk to you. Now.” Kai suddenly pulled her hand and took her to the rooftop.

“What?”

“I told Hyori that I still love you.”

“Are you fcking crazy, Jongin?!” _____ hit Kai. “I don’t want to hurt her feeling. She loves you so much, you know!”

“Yeah. She told me. But she’s the one who wanted to tell our parents that it’s better for us to be friends.” Kai pulled _____ closer.

“And?”

“They said yes.” And Kai leaned closer to her.

 

Hey there, please do comment and tell me how the story is. :)Thankyou