Pull

Still The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 2

 

“We extend our apologies to the passengers of Flight 127. We are having a slight technical difficulty at the moment. The exact time of our departure will be at 10 p.m. sharp. Again, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience.”

The announcement was heard clearly by the passengers through the speakers attached to the walls of the waiting area.

 

Taeyeon patiently waited for her best friend’s reply, but having nothing in response, she figured that the latter must have fallen asleep already.

Half an hour had passed… and still, no sign of Tiffany.

 

She heaved out a deep sigh. ‘Well then, I guess this is a sign.’

 

She turned her phone off, forced a smile deep within, and mentally prepared for her long-awaited trip to San Francisco, where her parents were currently living in.

Just when she was about to stand up from her seat, a ruckus coming from the entrance stopped her in her track. She heard a familiar voice she had known so well, and it made her smile.

 

“Please… Let me in! I won’t take long, I promise!”

 

Taeyeon turned her gaze to the door and saw the person she had been thinking about ever since she arrived at the airport.

“Fany-ah!” she shouted excitedly.

The guards had no choice but to let Tiffany in, for there was no harm in doing so.

 

Tiffany ran towards her best friend, and immediately enveloped her into a bear hug.

“Taetae,” her arms were wrapped around the shorter girl’s neck. “I thought I could do it... But I failed.” She started shedding teardrops once again. “So I guess this is it, huh?”

 

Taeyeon pulled away just to look at Tiffany in the eyes. She cupped her face and wiped the tears on her cheeks. “I thought you’d never come.”

 

“You should know better,” Tiffany forced a smile as she tried to hold back her tears.

 

“Thanks for coming.” Taeyeon fought the urge to cry. Seeing her best friend all teary-eyed made her sad and frustrated.

 

Tiffany glanced around the place. “I thought your flight’s at 9 o’clock?”

 

“Technical problems,” replied Taeyeon, dragging Tiffany along to sit on one of the empty benches.

 

“You said I can’t be here… but you texted me. Why, Taeyeon?” Tiffany managed to ask after wiping the tears from her eyes.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t answer right away. Instead of talking, she just stared at her best friend for a while, hoping that the latter could feel what she was feeling.

“I love you, Fany-ah…”

 

Tiffany felt a tug in her heart. She wasn’t used to this. Taeyeon rarely talked about her feelings of affection, especially when it came to her.

 

And knowing that saying those three words was just a normal thing to say for best friends, she just answered with a genuine smile, “I love you too, Taetae...”

 

Taeyeon had to laugh at that. “Why are we suddenly so cheesy today?”

 

“I know, right? I’m having goosebumps already.” Tiffany took her phone out, and sneakily captured a photo of a laughing Taeyeon.

She grinned. “I’m so gonna miss this... And I’m gonna miss you.”

 

“I know… I’ll miss you too.”

They took several photos together after that for they had to treasure the few remaining minutes they had.

 

It was silent all of a sudden. Both parties had one thing in mind. But none of them was brave enough to speak up.

“Will you still be my best friend even when we’re miles apart?” Taeyeon’s tears started to fall. Her voice cracked, but her real emotion was felt by Tiffany.

 

“Of course.” Tiffany placed her hand on top of Taeyeon’s. “You are more to me than a best friend.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter