Surprise.

Happy birthday. [Oneshot]

Ding dong ~

The 5 minute bell echoed through the class, signalling that school's gonna be out in 5 minutes.

Yes! Finally, summer's here. And summer starts on a Friday.

This couldn't get any better. Time for fun.

Welcome to my life. The usual daily routine of mine is to wake up, head to school, have lessons, head home, have dinner, complete my homework and then sleep. I'm sure I'm not the only one, right?

Math was the last class of the day, so I told myself I'd rather listen than to sleep. My gaze never wavered from the clock. I've been waiting for summer for quite some time now, and I seriously needed a break from all of the stress. Mrs Lee had been blabbering about her life, earning a yawn from me.

Why the heck does 5 minutes feel like 5 long hours?

Ding dong ~

OH. MY. GOD. FINALLY. I thanked Mrs Lee and hurriedly walked out of the class, waving a quick goodbye to my classmates. I made my way to my locker located at the far end of the school hall. Opening it, I slowly begin to put the rest of my books in my bag when I felt a pair of hands land on my eyes.

"Who is it this time?" I asked. The person took a moment to answer, then it giggled. "Mm, guess."

"Dongwoon," I breathed. "I know you too well, your voice already tells me so." The pair of hands let me go as I turned to face him before closing my locker. I lifted my eyes to find him pouting.

I laughed while I hit his arm lightly. "Yah, stop doing that." He ignored me and continued pouting, giving me the puppy look. I frowned.

"If you don't stop doing that, you'll have no dinner tonight." I threatened playfully. He shoots his eyes wide open. "NO! Aww, Ally! Don't do this to me," he complained. I glared at him.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry, okay?" he swings an arm over my shoulder while flashing me the smile I've always loved to see.

"Cha, let's head home!"

Did I mention I have the most irreplaceable best friend on earth? Yes. Son Dongwoon. He's no different than me and we had lots in common. He had decided to move in to my place since both of our parents are on an overseas business trip. I had no siblings to rely on, but I thanked God everytime Dongwoon comes to comfort me out of my misery.

We had been best friends since childhood and I love him just the way he is. But I haven't had any feelings for him yet.

We were walking home when my eyes caught hold of something pink. I dashed to the window panel and literally had my eyes glued at a particular thing.

It was a Hello Kitty designed phone cover. It had pink and white mini jewels neatly decorated along the sides, with the mighty image of the cat located right in the center.

"It's so pretty!" I squealed, shifting a little to the left so Dongwoon could have a clearer view of it. "Don't you think so?" my smile never leaving my face.

"Ah yes.. yes it is indeed." his tone slightly uninterested in my mini fangirling moment. He must've been bored because I had been standing here for 15 long minutes. I flickered my eyes to meet his, then back to the window panel.

I frowned. "You're bored again, aren't you?"

"Eh?" Ani." he laughed nervously. "Let's head home, it's getting dark." He took my hand and we quickly left the store. After some time, we finally reached home.

"Aish," Dongwoon stretched as we both tossed our bags on the sofa. "So tired.. Thank God summer's already here." heaving a long sigh.

I chuckled. "Get going. Dinner's on me tonight." He jumped up to me give me a quick hug and raced to his room. I shook my head as I made my way to the bathroom to shower. After I was done, I changed into a loose shirt and shorts before starting on dinner.

I decided to cook pasta that night, which also happens to be Dongwoon's favourite dish. After finishing the last touches, I placed it on both of our plates. I smiled to myself.

"Mm.. smells good," Dongwoon hummed. I smiled at him before walking closer to my seat. "You smell good too."

We began eating, stopping occasionally to talk. Usually on weekends like these, we'd have the longest chat about school, frequently changing to random topics, which it would end until one of us gets tired.

And I was always the first one to fall asleep.

Dongwoon would let me sleep on his shoulder while holding me close. He'd never leave my side, even when I wake up the next morning.

But it didn't happen today.

I looked around the room, craning my neck to search for him. I blinked repeatedly, hoping Dongwoon would appear magically in front of me or snoring lightly right beside me.

Still, he wasn't there.

I pouted, before the sound of the door creaking open made me turn my head. "Good morning, beautiful." Dongwoon greeted with a smile. "You're up early."

"I thought you disappeared." I mumbled, still pouting. "Aigoo, Ally-ah. You're so cute ~" he mused, pinching my cheeks.

Just then, he places a tray of food on my bed. Along with a small pink box located at the right. Realization took over me. He had made me breakfast. Just for me. I looked down at the tray, then back to him.

"Yah, you." I poked his ribs. "What's this?"

"Breakfast in bed. For you. Anyway, go open that box!" he exclaimed. I gave him a look before lifting it and began undoing the ribbon.

And to my surprise, it was the Hello Kitty phone cover I've had my eyes on for a while. I began squealing, obviously almost dying of happiness right now. Dongwoon smiled bashfully at me. "Saengil chukahae, Ally-ah."

My birthday. MY BIRTHDAY. How can it even slip my mind!? I thanked him a million times before giving him a big hug. "You like it?" he asked.

"No," I said. His smile soon turned into a frown. I reached out to pinch his cheek. "I love it. I really love it. Jeongmal gomawo, Dongwoon-ah."

He then flashes me that beautiful smile of his. I couldnt help but to return the favour by smiling even wider. I was so engrossed at putting the Hello Kitty cover on my phone that I was oblivious to him singing me a song.

I’m’ gonna make you love me neol saranghandago
nan niga isseo haengbokhae eonjena neoppuningeol

Ajigeun mareul motaedo neol bomyeon jakku tteollyeodo
eonjena nan neol saenggakhaneunde ajik neoneun molla nae sarangeul molla
nan neoppuningeol

Ireoke neowa ganeunde jakku neoman boineunde
naemeorissoge neoro gadeukhae onjongil neomuna haengbokhae neol wihan norael bulleo
(eonjenado)

 I’m gonna make you love me neol saranghandago
nan niga isseo haengbokhae eonjena neoppuningeol

Because of you you you you (neo hanaman saenggakhae)
you you you you ijen

 Nal saranghaejwoyo nal saranghaejwoyo nal barabwajwoyo.

"That's.. beautiful." my eyes b with unshed tears. "So.. Ally. I've been thinking. Would you.. be mine?" his eyes not leaving mine.

I paused. Is this really happening? Am I dreaming? A tear escapes my eye. "Um, Ally. It's okay though, we--"

"Yes." I interrupted. "Huh? What?"

"I just answered your question." I told him. He breaks into the widest smile I've ever seen in my entire life. "Jeongmal!?"

I nodded and reached out to give him a hug. He backed away after a moment, now gazing at me with his brown eyes. He begins to tilt his head and leans in to kiss me on my lips gently. Fireworks began to show and I have never felt more alive than this.

He breaks the kiss, making our foreheads meet. "I love you. So much."