Back To Me

Back To Me

 

“Nisha, you just need some rest okay? Just stay at home and watch some TV to take your mind off of things,” the voice on the other end of the phone instructs. Nisha sluggishly replies with a deep sigh and nod against the phone as if the person on the other side could see her.

 

Flying on a broken wing

Holding onto anything of you

 

“Well I gotta go, but I’ll check on you later. You’ll get through this, okay?” the voice reassures.  Nisha mumbles a yes and presses the end call button on her cell phone and lets it drop on top of the couch. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath and covers her face with both of her hands.

 

All I am is emptiness

Consumed

 

You can get through this.

 

Her hands leave her face but her eyes remain closed. Out of habit, Nisha picks up her phone again and presses one on her dial pad. Her eyes fly open as she sees Kris’s name appear on the screen.

 

Why can’t I get myself to delete you?

 

It’s been six months.

 

It was my decision to leave. I had to... for his future.

 

A half a year ago

 

It was quite a surprise to Nisha to hear that SM wanted to meet her. It seemed random and out of the blue. She felt out of place as she followed the secretary towards the door of the CEO. The secretary stopped in front of a fogged glass door and gestured for Nisha to walk though. Nisha shyly bowed and opened the door and walked in. The man behind the desk stood up and bowed to her and gestured her to sit down in the leather chair, in front of his desk.

 

“I’m a pleased to hear that you have been able to see with me today. I have some important business to discuss with you.”

 

“Me? Is it concerning Kris?”

 

“Of course. It has been called to our, meaning our board members’,  attention that you have been dating one of the trainees here, is that correct?”

 

“Umm...Yes, that is-”

 

“Do you know that we plan on debuting Kris soon?”

 

“Yes. I don’t understand what this has to do with me.”

 

“It is of our better interests to look out for our artists.... and we feel that it would be best for Kris’s career if you would break up with him.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“We feel that he is under enough pressure and he would be able to focus more towards his debut. It would also look better for him if he did not have any....attachments. Will you be able to do that?”

 

“Excuse me? I’m sorry but I’m sure there is other ways to go about this than us having to break up.”

“He seems distracted from his practices lately and we’ve ruled out everything, but you.

 

“How exactly do you know that I’m his distraction? Did he ever say that? Can I speak to Kris for a moment?”

 

“Do you know how important this is to Kris and his future, right?”

 

“Ye-”

 

“Then you would understand where we are coming from. You must not speak to Kris about this, or else we would have no other option to keep him as a trainee for two more years.”

 

“Are you serious? Just because I’m dating him?”

 

“Yes. So will you break up with him or not? Choose wisely. Kris’s future is in your hands.”

 

Cause I, I said I'd never be your pain

But I can't even hear your name

Without just dying

 

Breaking up with Kris was the hardest thing Nisha had to do. The thought of breaking up with him made her sick to her stomach. After the meeting, she ran to the bathroom and vomited her lunch that she had with Kris. But she had to do this. All of his hard work, the pain he went through to leave his family and the hardships he felt as one of the few Chinese trainees, that were constantly looked down upon, couldn’t go to waste because of her. She couldn’t bring herself to do it in front of his face, so she decided to leave a note saying that she couldn’t stay with him anymore and she had to go back to the US. She immediately packed up her apartment and called her mother and told her that she was coming back.

 

And I thought I'd never play the game

But I will even take the blame

I'm praying you run back to me


 

“It’s been six months and I still feel the same,” Nisha mumbles.

 

Despite all the pain I caused.. I wonder if you feel the same too...

 

Nisha sighs and pressed the turn off button on her cell phone and throws it down against the couch. She reaches over the seats to grab the remote and turns on the television. Nisha flips through the channels and unknowingly ends on the Mnet America channel.

 

“And we are back with EXO!”

 

As Nisha’s eyes land on Kris, her body gets rigid. Her breath gets caught in and her eyes are glued on his every move.

 

He looks thinner...... but he seems happy. He’s living his dream...I did the right thing...

 

“Do you guys have girlfriends or anyone that you like?” the announcer turns to EXO.

 

“No-,” the members say.

 

“Wait I do.. I mean I miss her.” The camera pans onto Kris.

 

“Woah, this is interesting! Who is this woman that managed to catch your heart?”

 

“Someone special. And I hope she knows that.”

 

Nisha covers as she feels her tears fill her eyes.

 

And when life has passed me by

And it's taken back it's time

All I know is you're the one

 

“Really? Kris-shi, would you like to send her a message, in case she is watching.”

 

Kris  closes his eyes and clears his throat. Ignoring the looks from s, he turns his gaze towards the cameras.

 

 

And as long as my heart beats

Til you come back to me

I'll be holding on our love

 

“Hi.. uhh I wonder if you’re watching this right now...I hope you’re doing well. Um..I miss you and I don’t believe the letter..,” he dry laughs, “This may be embarrassing, but every night, I pray that you would come back to me.”

 

A sob escapes from as Nisha cries into her hands.

 

“Well you guys heard it first here! And whoever this lucky lady is Kris is waiting for you.”

 

 


A/N

The ending was kinda ehh, but I hope you liked it :D